• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moves that just don't work with Pokemon

Years
    I don't understand how so many non-poison-type Pokémon can learn the move Toxic. In Red and Blue (and maybe now, I don't know) Rattata/Raticate could learn Water Gun. Electivire can know psychic despite not being psychic type. Weird.

Hansa

I got Fusion Legend! Do you?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2011
    OK, the move Poison Jab... Both Seaking and Rapidash can learn it. How can they jab anything?

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
    OK, the move Poison Jab... Both Seaking and Rapidash can learn it. How can they jab anything?

Their horns should explain that I believe. The one thing that always baffles me is seeing a Garchomp knowing Surf. Why?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    Nidoking and about 80% of the moves he can learn from TM's, he easily has one of the most diverse move set in a normal pokemon.

xDaisuke0

Aspiring Professor
    Years

Magic? lolz

Diglett and Dugtrio can use Earthquake, but how? They must be massive enough to pound the earth. And Latios and Latias can use it too, but it doesn't agree with it...

I always beleived that each Pokemon can manipulate their own type in some way, so Diglett/Dugtrio can control the earth and create earthquakes.
    riiiight?

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    If you've seen the anime, it uses aura to create an aura-made bone to use for that attack.

Porygon, Porygon 2, and Porygon-Z + Magnet Rise. It's technically already floatng in the air, just because it doesn't have the levitate ability, doesn't mean it needs Magnet Rise to avoid ground-based attacks.

Actually, the porygons do need magnet rise to avoid ground-based attacks. Otherwise they affect it regularly.

Also, if one were to read diglett/dugtrio's pokedex, it is explained why they can learn earthquake. By burrowing deep enough underground, they can cause seismic activity. Goodness >.>

EDIT: Oh snap, Satan will now swallow this post because it's #666 for me ._______________.

Last edited:

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
    I suppose that it could have something to do with using electricity to manipulate weather conditions, but Zapdos using Heat Wave seems extremely odd.

Come to think of it, aside from Rain Dance, (and even that's sketchy) the weather moves seem entirely impossible unless we chalk it up to magic powers or some variant of that explanation that's more logical.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    ^He must've some liquid nitrogen tank inside it's mouth. lol

Snorlax can use Double Team, as well as the Regis. How come someone so fat/heavy move that fast?

Zephyr Wind

West Wind
    Years
    How about EVERY Pokémon being able to learn Toxic? That's kinda weird.

Magikarp can't. lol

how about Rampardos being able to use surf but not waterfall?
    pretty stupid.

And when you really think about Nasty Plot, how the heck is it supposed to raise your special attack?
    Dragon Dance and Swords Dance sound weird. I mean, dancing with swords; really?

Dragonite and Fly. Think about it.

Garchomp can't learn Fly, despite the Pokedex entry of it being able to fly faster than a jet....and btw, if you think it's because of its ground type, Flygon can learn Fly.

Horsea being able to use Waterfall and Surf. How is it supposed to be able to carry you when its that titchy?

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Trapinch + Quick Attack
    Vibrava + Crunch
    Corphish + Crunch
    Ekans + Seed Bomb + Strength
    Persian + Seed Bomb

Charizard632

Now a great Touhou addict
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    When a Pokemon uses Assist, Mimic, Copycat, Metronome, Me Frist, etc. it can do attacks that can be physically impossible.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2010
    I don't know if you can do this any more but I remeber in pokemon red and blue I taught my chansey how to surf could you imagine someone riding a chansey?

Back