• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Movies you want remade

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2011
    What oldie movies you think/want remade.

Mine are Robocop, Aliens, Police Academy.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I kinda do and kinda don't want a remake of my favourite one of my favourite films, Battle Royale.

I think a Hollywood remake is on the cards. Should be fun.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • How about none? They remake movies because they know they will make money off of young people that never saw the originals, and old fans that want to see it in a different way.

The movie producers really need to come up with some somewhat original concepts, as it's getting kind of ridiculous. Just let the old movies die off, and come up with some new stuff instead. If some old farts want to watch the originals, then that's what DVD's and such are for. >_<

The only movies that I think should be redone are ones that had a good concept, but were terribly done. The only problem with that is, the movie producers would probably never get funding for it.

/rant >_<

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • A movie I want remade, huh? I want a remake of Plan 9 From Outer Space!!!!!

HAHAHA just kidding, I don't want any film to be remade, not even Star Wars of all things!!!!!

Ayselipera

I'm sure there is an entire list of movies I would like to see remade, but at the moment I can only think of one. That one being Lord of the Flies. I'm pretty sure there are about two versions of that movie currently. One is extremely old and the other is very inaccurate when compared to the book. It's just a shame because I really enjoyed the book and I feel like a good book deserves a good movie.

Now that I think of it I'd also like to see a remake for The Most Dangerous Game. It's only a short story so you'd have to add a bit to make it a whole movie. The original movie I saw for it wasn't too bad, but I'd just like to see something a little bit better.

Years
  • Known most directors today, I don't want to see any of my favorite films raped.

They are my favorite films for a reason, because I love them. Why would I want them to be remade? Looking amazingly HD and Blu Ray packed with Special FX's don't make a good film.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I like the first Jurassic Park, but I'd like one that more closely follows the book.

Otherwise...... I don't know. There are some old franchises I'd like to see sequels to though

bOxieLiciOus

not here 4 lipsyncing
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    if you happen to know carrie, i'm sure you'll know that there was different versions of it, so why not remake the movie with the whole new modern technology? :>

Sixto

Sofa King Cool
    Years
  • It's not an oldie, but 'The Last Airbender' could have been a lot better. M. Night Shyamalan affected the show's reputation a bit. The show is as good as the movie is bad.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • Castle in the Sky.

Ghibli has come along way with their animation and, although it still looks gorgeous, even today, I would like to see it with Ponyo/Spirited Away/Howl's Moving Castle caliber animation.

That, and it's my favourite piece of Japanese animation. o3o

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • I think a Casper remake would be pretty neat. I loved that movie so much as a kid, but it always used to make me so sad. ;;

And this may not be a remake, but I've always wanted to see the first Pokémon movie get re-released in theaters, even for just one weekend. It'd be a great thing for the older fans (and younger) to experience. Seriously, what kid who was alive back in '99 would turn that down?

Kelp

<3
    Years
  • It's not an oldie, but 'The Last Airbender' could have been a lot better. M. Night Shyamalan affected the show's reputation a bit. The show is as good as the movie is bad.

This is exactly what I was thinking. M. Night needs to stick to horror movies.

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
  • Remakes always seem to mess so much of the movie up and make it an embarrassment to the series and anyone who loves them. I don't want any movie remade, and it's not going to change for the sake of all of my favorite movies.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Even tho this movie isn't that old, I'd like to see a remake of Jurassic Park III :x I was unsatisfied with it.

Years
  • I hate remakes myself. They tend to dishonor the original. If I had to choose one, I would say The Outsiders. But I would like to see it rewritten a little bit to be more modern. Only because there is already a movie like the book. Maybe like a modern gang movie with similar events occuring.

Back