• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moving an NPC on a Set Route Issue

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Hello, I'm attempting to move an NPC on a set route that repeats before battling them.(similar to trainer NPCs in mainstream pokemon games). After battling the NPC, I want them to stop moving. Here is the script.

Moving an NPC on a Set Route Issue

When I set the move route and set the Trigger to auto-run one of two things happen...

1. The game freezes when played
    2. The NPC with the script disappears completely

Can anyone give me some insight into why this is happening and what I might be doing wrong? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Djaco75

DAJ 775
    Years
  • Hey, LDHero,

What you should use is the autonomous movement box on the side of the event, near the character selection. Set that to random or custom and the NPC trainer will move to your selected path. After battle, put Control Self Switch A=on and make the second event page with the dialogue that will be displayed if the person hits the action button on them.
    I will attach screenshots of how you can structure it.

PS: This is different from the player's rival who moves in, battles and moves out.

DJ

Attachments

• Moving an NPC on a Set Route Issue
      Untitled.png
      25.4 KB · Views: 82
    • Moving an NPC on a Set Route Issue
      Untitled1.png
      20.6 KB · Views: 63
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    I actually ended up solving this before you posted, but thanks! I'm having a second issue though. My NPC is only playing 2 animations when he is on his move route, and I see that I'm not the first user to run into this problem. I am currently set to "Move Animation."

When I set the option to Stop Animation, the animation will play properly during the route, but will not stop after the battle is over. (he will walk in place)

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Djaco75

DAJ 775
    Years
  • Have you made your own custom move route or is it set to random or have you coded it in the actual event scripting box?

DJ

Djaco75

DAJ 775
    Years
  • Make sure that you have coded the correct amount of times you want the NPC to move. If you've already done this, you might need to set it to random, as I can't think of anything else.

With the second page, make sure it is set to Fixed on the autonomous movement box. That way, the trainer will not be able to move. Set the autonomous movement on the first event page to stop movement, and if that doesn't work, set it to move animation.

If that doesn't work, I don't know what will.

DJ

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Thanks! I'm still having the same issue though. For some reason only two frames of animation are played when it's set to Move Animation. Other than that, everything works fine.

Djaco75

DAJ 775
    Years
  • Check your character sets. It should be a 4x4 character set. If this does not have 16 character sprites, the NPC will not show the proper animation.

DJ

Back