• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Mr Dollsteak rombase eviolite fix after expanding evolutions

Years
  • Hello,

I just expanded the number of evolutions per pokemon in my hack, which uses MrDolsteak's rombase. I did so by repointing the evolution table. However doing so seems to break the eviolite. Initially, the eviolite boosted the defense of all pokemon (I set up some wild encounters to test this). I though perhaps the issue was that the pointer to the old evolution table was hard-coded into the code for the eviolite. I found that pointer in some of the code form the rom hack, and replaced it with the address of the new table. However, now the eviolite works with no pokemon. I suspect that this is because the formula to index into the table uses the old number of evolutions, which needs to be updated.

Can anybody please help with this?

On a related note - I figured I could do this myself I have experience writing x86 assembly, as I am a computer science major in college. However, I cannot for the life of me find a list of GBA opcodes, so I cannot read hex. All of the tutorials I find are how to code in ASM and then compile it. Could anybody point me to this?

Thanks.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    you must modify the eviolite routine since it reads 28 bytes of each evolution so you must change that number for the new one after expanding the table

Back