• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Multi-Battle Team

Kite [Argus]

Onion Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2014
    Me and my friends have been loving the online team battles lately (aside from the occasional disconnect). It's been really fun testing out new strategies and showing off team members we've been working on, not to mention the good synergy you develop with a battle partner as you swap PMs on your next move. I've been working on this 3 man team specifically for this mode, so keep that in mind when you're looking it over.

That being said, this team is designed to screw with people's heads, especially on their second or even third time fighting against them. Every pokemon has some sort of type negate, (Goodra's Sap Sipper, Vaporeons Water Absorb, and Lanturn's Volt Absorb) so it really helps me get into their head as they try to predict my next move. My only iff with this team would be running into a pokemon with both Grass and Ice type moves, or Grass and Dragon type moves, seeing as both Vaporeon and Lanturn have a shared grass weakness, while Goodra's got the Ice/Dragon weakness.

Let me know what you all think, I'd love some suggestions.

Goodra @Assault Vest
    252 HP/ 252 SpA / 6 Def
    Modest - Sap Sipper
    - Flamethrower
    - Sludge bomb
    - Focus Blast
    - Dragon pulse

Lanturn @Choice Specs
    136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
    Modest - Volt Absorb
    - Volt Switch
    - Ice Beam
    - Hydro Pump
    - Hidden Power (Fire/Grass) / Thunder

Vaporeon @Leftovers
    252 HP / 100 Def / 158 SpD /
    Bold - Water Absorb
    - Wish
    - Scald
    - BatonPass
    - Protect

Last edited:

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
    My only iff with this team would be running into a pokemon with both Grass and Ice type moves, or Grass and Dragon type moves, seeing as both Vaporeon and Lanturn have a shared grass weakness, while Goodra's got the Ice weakness.

Let me know what you all think, I'd love some suggestions.

That's OK, As long as you have other Pokemon (or moves) that can deal with their weaknesses you should be fine. I see some potential in this team as their main weaknesses, Ground, Dragon and Fairy are being dealt with by Lanturn's Hydro Pump and Ice Beam, and Goodra's Sludge Bomb respectively. As for Lanturn, I suggest HP Grass because you need to take Gastrodon (and other Water/Ground Pokemon) down in one hit before he gets you with a super-effective STAB move.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Back