• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Multi-Disc Network

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
Years
  • As a script above Main. Regardless of where I place it above Main, too. Directly above, or above every script that references it.
    Edit: ooh la la, I just found out that BOTH the script AND the plugin were installed... Is removing the plugin as simple as removing the folder for it under /Plugins/? If so, I did that. I've never used plugins before.

yes, remember to recompile after removing the plugin. to make sure it does update, I suggest deleting the PluginScripts.rxdata

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Well, the error still happens after removing the folder...
    Edit: just saw your message. i'll try that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    The error still happens, sadly. Could you test the exact version I have of Essentials v19.1? Maybe you didn't cover a specific version...

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • The error still happens, sadly. Could you test the exact version I have of Essentials v19.1? Maybe you didn't cover a specific version...

I already tested this in V19.1, and it worked as intended. reread Everything from the original post to and compare it to your game. the nomethod error means the thing being called is "Missing" and I know if the base script is actually in the project it should function properly.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    I already tested this in V19.1, and it worked as intended. reread Everything from the original post to and compare it to your game. the nomethod error means the thing being called is "Missing" and I know if the base script is actually in the project it should function properly.

Here's an album showing that I made sure it was done correctly: https://imgur.com/a/3Fvc5qJ
    There appear to be no errors with how I pasted everything as well. The error I'm having is the only one left. I've fixed a few errors in your formatting, such as a missing ')' in one of your replacements you say to do. After I did that, I ran into this error.

What I believe the error is saying is that $PokemonTemp cannot access 'disc' in the Game_System class. I tried adding
    Code:
    attr_accessor  :$game_system.disc
    to the PokemonTemp class, but then I get a syntax error.

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Here's an album showing that I made sure it was done correctly: https://imgur.com/a/3Fvc5qJ
    There appear to be no errors with how I pasted everything as well. The error I'm having is the only one left. I've fixed a few errors in your formatting, such as a missing ')' in one of your replacements you say to do. After I did that, I ran into this error.

What I believe the error is saying is that $PokemonTemp cannot access 'disc' in the Game_System class. I tried adding
    Code:
    attr_accessor  :$game_system.disc
    to the PokemonTemp class, but then I get a syntax error.

that last bit about attr_accessor :$game_system.disc, yea don't do that. as for your error message, I don't see it in the post I'm quoting

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    I am diagnosing this error, and got everything working except for this error:

Code:
    [Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
    [Generation 8 Project v1.0.4]
    [v19.1 Hotfixes 1.0.1]

Exception: NoMethodError

Backtrace:
    124:MiscPBSData:104:in `pbLoadMapInfos'
    373:Compiler_MapsAndEvents:17:in `import_new_maps'
    370:Compiler:809:in `main'
    378:Main:31:in `mainFunctionDebug'
    378:Main:18:in `block in mainFunction'
    015:Errors:70:in `pbCriticalCode'
    378:Main:18:in `mainFunction'
    378:Main:47:in `block in <main>'
    378:Main:46:in `loop'
    378:Main:46:in `<main>'

This is the affected area of MiscPBSData:

Code:
    def pbLoadMapInfos
      $PokemonTemp = PokemonTemp.new if !$PokemonTemp
      if !$PokemonTemp.mapInfos
        $PokemonTemp.mapInfos = load_data(sprintf("Data/%sMapInfos.rxdata", $game_system.disc))
      end

The affected line is 104 of MiscPBSData.

Edit: What is that line supposed to look like?

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Added a "Plug and Play" version of the script to the original post for those who don't know how to code. I will NOT be supplying any code based assistance on the plug and play version whatsoever. Plug and play works exclusively for v19.1, do not attempt to install in other essential versions

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    Does this script make your secondary disks have map connections and the like as well? I seem to be having trouble getting it working.

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • Does this script make your secondary disks have map connections and the like as well? I seem to be having trouble getting it working.

if you have two very different map_connections.dat in their proper folder then yes, it should. everything works under the assumption that if you have two very similar projects with identical "Global Data" then placing the "Regional Data" in another disc then it should work properly

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    if you have two very different map_connections.dat in their proper folder then yes, it should. everything works under the assumption that if you have two very similar projects with identical "Global Data" then placing the "Regional Data" in another disc then it should work properly

I'm honestly not sure what I am missing then, thanks for responding!

I took a picture of my folders and put it on Imgur.

https://imgur.com/a/7iKLAKX

Last edited:
    Years
  • We tried to make it work on the latest v19.1 and it didn't work properly, maybe there are some issues that neeeds to be fixed? Im not that good in rgss1 coding so i can't help myself in this situation.

edit: I saw the older threads now and you said it works on 19.1 is it possible to get in contact with you over discord for further help?

Last edited:

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
  • We tried to make it work on the latest v19.1 and it didn't work properly, maybe there are some issues that neeeds to be fixed? Im not that good in rgss1 coding so i can't help myself in this situation.

edit: I saw the older threads now and you said it works on 19.1 is it possible to get in contact with you over discord for further help?

my discord is below my name here on PC and I can be pinged in the Pokecomm public discord

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Was a solution to the NoMethodError ever found? I'm attempting to use this now in v20.1 and I'm encountering the same issue.

Back