• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Multi generation gaming access. How long before dream to reality?

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Surely I can't be the only one mourning every time I play A newly released Pokemon game like x&y, that they were compatible with gens 1-3 or that it should be more common to have backward compatable gaming consoles like the DS/ DS lite, but compatible with all consoles a Pokemon game has ever been out on- like game boy advance, color, or GameCube (especially Game cube. I cry a little inside that I'll never have my poke' pals in Colusseum over on my Pokemon X)

Think such a dream will ever become reality, now that it's getting increasingly difficult to get a hand on older consoles with obsolete link cables?

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

They're making an effort o n getting stuff into the shop, so it's all good for me. We could play all them old games eventually. I think that's the best effort they can do for a generation where technology was still young. But if you look at things now, the future generation already shows a lot of promise thanks to poke bank. Although, I do yearn for the day when they make the main series compatible with the spinoffs (or at least some) once again.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2013
    Surely I can't be the only one mourning every time I play A newly released Pokemon game like x&y, that they were compatible with gens 1-3 or that it should be more common to have backward compatable gaming consoles like the DS/ DS lite, but compatible with all consoles a Pokemon game has ever been out on- like game boy advance, color, or GameCube (especially Game cube. I cry a little inside that I'll never have my poke' pals in Colusseum over on my Pokemon X)

Think such a dream will ever become reality, now that it's getting increasingly difficult to get a hand on older consoles with obsolete link cables?

If you have a GBA and GameCube link cable, DS lite or, DS Phat, and a 3ds you can bring your pokemon from colosseum in X and Y. I have my first Pokemon (Blastoise) from FireRed in Black, waiting to be Pokebanked into Y.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    If you have a GBA and GameCube link cable, DS lite or, DS Phat, and a 3ds you can bring your pokemon from colosseum in X and Y. I have my first Pokemon (Blastoise) from FireRed in Black, waiting to be Pokebanked into Y.
    I don't, unfortunately No ds lite, phat, and no link cable- hence the multi gen trade dream

Back