• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] Multiple Errors, And I Have No Clue What They Mean...

Years
  • So I was trying to make a small trailer for my game, so I open it, all goes well, and I close the game for just a second. I open it back up, and I'm greeted with these, and I have no clue what they mean, or how to fix them. I haven't even touched any scripts between the time I closed my game and re-opened it. Help please? Thanks!
    Multiple Errors, And I Have No Clue What They Mean...

Solved! Thanks to Zeak6464! I just copied the map data and graphics from my game to a fresh copy of Essentials! I'll go in and start slowly re-adding stuff and hope nothing breaks again. I'll also remember to make back-ups.
    I was able to figure it out, and I feel stupid. I was missing a ton of stuff in the Data folder somehow... No clue how it happened, but at least I got it figured out. Thanks to everyone for contributing!

Last edited:
    Years
  • It could help if you provide more information.
    Which scripts have you installed? What did you do (in your project) before closing it?

I have Luka's Utilities installed, and his Title Screen, World Tournament, and EasyMouse scripts. I also have Vendily's Pokemon Outbreaks script, Jonas930's Hyper Training Script, Pizza Sun's Pokemon Amie script, and rigbycwts's Pokemon Transporter script.

I had my project open and had the game running through Playtest. I closed the Playtest window for a minute while I edited something in the trailer. During the Playtest, I was just getting a video of the title screen. With the actual project, I made no changes to the game, scripts or anything else. When I opened Playtest (the window where you can test and play your game via the project) back up, I was greeted with these error messages.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Solved! Thanks to Zeak6464! I just copied the map data and graphics from my game to a fresh copy of Essentials! I'll go in and start slowly re-adding stuff and hope nothing breaks again. I'll also remember to make back-ups. Misleading, ignore that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    Solved! Thanks to Zeak6464! I just copied the map data and graphics from my game to a fresh copy of Essentials! I'll go in and start slowly re-adding stuff and hope nothing breaks again. I'll also remember to make back-ups.

It doesn't sound like you solved anything. It just sounds like you moved your graphics over to a fresh copy of essentials. Meaning as you move scripts over you'll likely run into the same error unless you figure out what went wrong so you know how to avoid it. I'd say if you're going to just move to a new copy of essentials then you should at least implement your scripts one at a time and make sure they work properly before adding another. Or if anything add the most recent script before all your errors since it may likely have to do with that being added incorrectly or just missing something.

Years
  • It doesn't sound like you solved anything. It just sounds like you moved your graphics over to a fresh copy of essentials. Meaning as you move scripts over you'll likely run into the same error unless you figure out what went wrong so you know how to avoid it. I'd say if you're going to just move to a new copy of essentials then you should at least implement your scripts one at a time and make sure they work properly before adding another. Or if anything add the most recent script before all your errors since it may likely have to do with that being added incorrectly or just missing something.

Yeah, was just about to say, still getting the errors. Only thing is I'm not getting the first error anymore, but the last two, I still am. It doesn't even seem to be any scripts causing the problem either, as I just copied Scrpts.rxdata from a fresh copy of Essentials over to my game to see if that was the problem.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    Yeah, was just about to say, still getting the errors. Only thing is I'm not getting the first error anymore, but the last two, I still am. It doesn't even seem to be any scripts causing the problem either, as I just copied Scrpts.rxdata from a fresh copy of Essentials over to my game to see if that was the problem.

Honestly moving a bunch of stuff around has probably made it even harder to detect your original problem. At this point you may just have to start over completely. The errors people usually get are from scripts or improperly editing pbs files. Although you can get them from many other things. When adding new scripts it's best to add them one at a time and make sure they all work the way you want them
    To before moving on to another script. Other than that I would look into any events you've made, or tell us specifically when you get the errors and what happens. Trying o cover up a problem will only make things worse so you'll have to back track from what you've done since you started getting the errors and find out where things went wrong and then do them the right way

Years
  • In your case I HIGHLY recommend to use text compare and remove ONE feature that you added in scripts at a time to check what is causing your errors. Of course, use this only after removing any scripts that you have added (like the title screens).
    The golden rule of third party scripts are: Add 1 script and test. No errors? Good! Add the 2nd, test and so on. Adding a bunch at the same time will make you struggle when errors start appearing, like your case, because there won't be any clear way to tell where the errors is coming up, unless it is very specific to a script.

Additionaly, if you don't do it, add a comment in your scripts modifications stating something like
    Code:
    your code here #CUSTOMWORD
    I do it everytime I have to change something inside essentials codes to keep an easy track of what I just added. Anything after # is a comment and won't alter the code before it. You can use anything in place of custom word, but try to use something like a nickname/name since the odds of it beeing used elsewere are very low.

Years
  • Sorry for the late reply.

In your case I HIGHLY recommend to use text compare and remove ONE feature that you added in scripts at a time to check what is causing your errors. Of course, use this only after removing any scripts that you have added (like the title screens).
    The golden rule of third party scripts are: Add 1 script and test. No errors? Good! Add the 2nd, test and so on. Adding a bunch at the same time will make you struggle when errors start appearing, like your case, because there won't be any clear way to tell where the errors is coming up, unless it is very specific to a script.

Additionaly, if you don't do it, add a comment in your scripts modifications stating something like
    Code:
    your code here #CUSTOMWORD
    I do it everytime I have to change something inside essentials codes to keep an easy track of what I just added. Anything after # is a comment and won't alter the code before it. You can use anything in place of custom word, but try to use something like a nickname/name since the odds of it beeing used elsewere are very low.

Thank you so much for that site, that'll be really useful to use. Though as I said, I'm not sure it's any scripts, because I got rid of every edit I made to any of the scripts. I will give it another go and see if I might have missed something using that site.

Honestly moving a bunch of stuff around has probably made it even harder to detect your original problem. At this point you may just have to start over completely. The errors people usually get are from scripts or improperly editing pbs files. Although you can get them from many other things. When adding new scripts it's best to add them one at a time and make sure they all work the way you want them
    To before moving on to another script. Other than that I would look into any events you've made, or tell us specifically when you get the errors and what happens. Trying o cover up a problem will only make things worse so you'll have to back track from what you've done since you started getting the errors and find out where things went wrong and then do them the right way

I fixed the issue in the .exe, which was the compiler, but it's still happening in Playtest. The first error message I posted comes up right after I press the Playtest button and the window loads. I can click okay, and it processes lines, and all that, but then when it reaches compiling messages, I get the second one, I click OK, then I get the third one. After that, I'm just met with a black screen, nothing loads. I'll also double check my PBS files, something may be up in there. Also I wish I could backtrack and figure out what went wrong, but the thing is that I literally did nothing but close Playtest (while Playtest was still working) and reopen it to get these errors.

Thank you both for your help! Really appreciate it. If I can't fix it, at least I can test the game with the actual .exe, even though it's a small hassle.

Years
  • I was able to figure it out, and I feel stupid. I was missing a ton of stuff in the Data folder somehow... No clue how it happened, but at least I got it figured out. Thanks to everyone for contributing!

Back