• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Multiple Held items

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2023
    Hey everyone,

I just got this idea this morning of Pokémon holding multiple items like some sort of equipment. So I was wondering if there already is a script for multiple held items. Or if it is possible to adjust the PBS so it becomes possible. For me it doesn't really matter that the opponent pokémon can't have multiple items held. To be honest I'm not the biggest expert in programming 😳. But with a little help I could get a long way :)

I think it would make the battles more interesting.

Already thanks for your time and help.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    To allow a Pokémon to hold multiple items involves converting the PokeBattle_Pokemon class' item attribute to hold an array of values instead of a single value and rewriting the code handling that attribute to work with arrays. You'll also need to ask the player which item to remove from a Pokémon should they wish to do so and for wild Pokémon hold items, normally the PBS defines up to three probabilities for a wild Pokémon to hold one of up to three items. Changing the PBS file to allow for multiple held items on a wild Pokémon will involve defining additional data values in the compiler and in Misc_Data and certain moves will need to be rewritten to account for multiple items (moves like Fling, Natural Gift, Belch, Recycle, etc)

Back