• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Chit-Chat

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Well there has been a lot of activity with music threads lately, so I thought we needed a Music Chit Chat thread. This thread was approved by Akinari

Music Chit-Chat Rules
    -Do not bash music, anyone personally, or anyone's taste in music.
    -Do not S.P.A.M (Supid Pointless Annoying Messages)
    -No "What is the topic" posts, just read the thread a page or two back.
    -No "Leaving" posts
    -No "I am listening to..." posts
    -Be open to all opinions
    -Have fun

Well don't know what we should talk about first...hmm...how about what is everyone's favorite genre of music?

Last edited:

Kurosaki~Dragon

Let the Thunder embrace you
    Years
    I like alternative, rock, house, electronica, dance ^^

whats your favorite song or a song you are currenty obsessed with?

I like Franz Ferdinand's "This Fire" man that song is great and catchy xD
    I especially love Liquid 8 Presents version of "This fire" in their album "Guitar tribute to Franz Ferdinand" I could play to that song on my own guitar lol

I also love The Bravery they have great songs like "Fearless", "Unconditional", and "An Honest Mistake"
    one song I can listen to all day long and play to would have to be Stellastarr*'s "Sweet Troubled Soul" <- Best song ever!

as you can tell I love ranting about music :P

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I <3 The Bravery's "An Honest Mistake" I almost got to see them live at New Orleanse VooDoo 2005 but I had to leave for Homecoming at myschool. ;_;

Anyway, I love many music genres except, some rap and country, and I don't like new agey music.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
    [SIZE="-7"]The Bravery is pretty cool, don't listen to them much though. I've been listening to more metal lately, actually. Emperor, Cradle of Filth, Lacuna Coil, etc. Hmm. One song that comes to mind right now is "Nymphetamine (Fix)" by Cradle of Filth. Great song, it was on the Resident Evil 2 OST. Anyone know what the heck I'm talking about? XD[/SIZE]

Pete

<>PAWN CONTROL 1.0<>
    Years
    I listen to rock and all it's subdivides. Like softrock, punkrock, poppunk....
    And now...Metal. You may call me mainstream, but I do listen to MCR. Then again I also listen to the really non-mainstream (only one song that gets played round here) Fountains of Wayne.
    And to top it all off, Alkaline Trio.

What's your favourite line in a song?
    This one swears, but it's really memorable.
    Stick it up your ****ing nooose! Woohoo!-Justin Hawkins-The Darkness
    And that came from an anti-drugs song. Ouch.

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    ?blackhaert? said:
    [SIZE="-7"]The Bravery is pretty cool, don't listen to them much though. I've been listening to more metal lately, actually. Emperor, Cradle of Filth, Lacuna Coil, etc. Hmm. One song that comes to mind right now is "Nymphetamine (Fix)" by Cradle of Filth. Great song, it was on the Resident Evil 2 OST. Anyone know what the heck I'm talking about? XD[/SIZE]

Of course I do. I love that wittle scream that's somewhere around the end, i think o.o *hasnt listened to it in a long time*

Me wub everything from the early 90's, the 80', the 70's, the 60's, and some 50's. The 00's just suck, to me XD Except for some bands that take it old school, like Avenged Sevenfold. And Black Label Society

Years
    I listen to almost any kinds and I can be comfortable with almost anything. As long as it's not something with shallow lyrics or some pretty boy sounding voice, I'm fine with it.

But my favorite bands are U2, Nirvana, The White Stripes, Foo Fighters, and Led Zeppelin. And my favorite song ever is "Ultra Violet (Light My Way)"

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I <3 U2!!! I first started liking U2 about 5 years ago when I started watching friends, they played With or Without you sooo many times in the early years of the show. That is when I started listening to an old copy of Joshua Tree. Then I bought How to Dismantle an Atomic bomb and I loved it, a lot of powerful lyrics in it.
    All Because of you by U2 said:
    I was born a child of grace
    Nothing else about the place
    Everything was ugly but your beautiful face
    And it left me no illusion

I saw you in the curve of the moon
    In the shadow cast across my room
    You heard me in my tune
    When I just heard confusion
    *listens to it a million times*

Years
    Oh they have other great lyrics...

Ultra Violet (Light My Way) by U2 said:
    I remember when we can sleep on stones
    But now we lie together in whispers and moans
    When I was all messed up and I had opera in my head
    Your love was a light bulb hanging over my bed

That's my favorite part of my favorite song.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    I'm not really a great fan of U2, no idea why. BTW, Is anybody here love Summer of '69. It seriously is my second favorite song and I'm hearing it for years now.

~ CC

Years
    Tomasu-san said:
    What CD is that song from?
    It's from Achtung Baby. It's one of their best albums along with The Joshua Tree. In fact, it's supposed to even equal Joshua Tree or even surpass it, depending on your taste.

Last edited:

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
    [size="-7"]
    Kenshin11212 said:
    Of course I do. I love that wittle scream that's somewhere around the end, i think o.o *hasnt listened to it in a long time*

Me wub everything from the early 90's, the 80', the 70's, the 60's, and some 50's. The 00's just suck, to me XD Except for some bands that take it old school, like Avenged Sevenfold. And Black Label Society

I meant besides you, retard. ;D

Kidding, Kev. And BLS rules...I've got a sick acoustic of Stillborn you might wanna get if you don't already have it. A7X is okay, I just get sick of seeing Bat Country repeatedly, ya know? It's one of the hugest songs around here. It's crazy.

Dawg 2005 said:
    I love music, I listen to it all the time!

Anyone here heard of Rammstein? It's a German band.

Ha. Rammstein rules. I've only got a few of their songs, but Amerika is an old favorite. Ist wunderbar.

One of my friends that's just got into music...one of her guy friends gave her a CD and she hasn't listened to it yet. Keep in mind...this is a girl that likes only Green Day, Led Zeppelin, and the Beatles, basically. I asked him what was on the CD, he said Slayer. She'll get a surprise out of that's all I gotta say. *hopes it was Angel of Death*[/size]

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Akinari said:
    It's from Achtung Baby. It's one of their best albums along with The Joshua Tree. In fact, it's supposed to even equal Joshua Tree or even surpass it, depending on your taste.
    I think I may need to buy that one off of iTunes or something, cuase you make it sound really good. When did you start liking U2?

Years
    Tomasu-san said:
    I think I may need to buy that one off of iTunes or something, cuase you make it sound really good. When did you start liking U2?
    I've been listening to them as far as I can remember because my dad listens to music as old as the 70s and 80s. But I became really much a big fan of them by 2000 at the release of All That You Can't Leave Behind. By then, I did realize how their music can mean so much. I mean, some people don't really like them for some reason or another (usually just because they listen to their new stuff and assume that they sound like that always) but for me, I really liked U2 because of their daring aspects in music. They only went for music and they want to change music. I was really amazed at their ability to change their music from punk, to experimental, to a bluesy and spiritual feel like The Joshua Tree to self indulgence like Achtung Baby and to media overload like Zooropa. Hell, they even tried disco in 1997. That's why I admire them so much.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Ok, I just ammended the rules, no posting just what song you are listening to. They used to have a thread for that, and this is not what the thread is intended for.

Back