• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Chit-Chat

Years
    Lust said:
    I need help understanding some of the lyrics of this song.

I don't understand that part. What's wrong with smiling?
    Bono is reffering to some celebrities who fake their smiles in front of cameras or paparazzis. It's much directed to those teenage stars like Lindsay Lohan or Hillary Duff. The whole song is dedicated to The Edge's daughter and it's a plea to stay the same, stay true, and be herself no matter how much peer pressure wants to change her attitude. It's how some fathers feel when their daughters change during their teenage years ... and yeah.

And I love the CGI in its music video... nice effects. =D

Last edited:

D-jo4000

Gamemaster. Pokeruler
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    I personally like hip-hop(which is the culture that includes rap, old school rap, certain types of r&b,) and gospel music. My favorite artists are: 50 cent, Jay-z, and Whodini(old school)

christianity advised for second song

saint jimmmey

mwahahahaha....¬_¬
    Years
    yeah

Dawg 2005 said:
    I love music, I listen to it all the time!

Anyone here heard of Rammstein? It's a German band.
    finaly someone else who likes them!!!!
    i'm into mostly punk/metal.
    i got into punk first but then i started to gewt into realy heavy stuff like system of a down,rammstein,children of bodom.
    any-1 heard of them?
    fave band:alkaline trio

Years
    My favorite bands are, Lostprophets, alkaline trio, Rush, Led Zeppelin, AC-DC, Black Sabbath/OZZY, Metallica, Disturbed, Saves the Day, Jimmy Eat World, and Def Leppard. I might have forgotten some, but these are my favorites so far!

Miiburd

Benjamæl II von Tavireksumpf
    Years
    I like a ton of kinds of music....
    And in game music, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Zelda music. ^__^ And FF: crystal chronicles.
    I listen to the game music more than I play the game...

OH and Yoshi's Story. I love the music on there too!

Is anyone interested in classical stuff? I love Bartok, Chopin, and Rachmaninoff the most. I have way too much piano sheet music of those guys =P
    Bartok is so awesome.

As for other stuff.... I love the band called L?nasa. It's an Irish band, and they have really awesome music.
    Other stuff I like is: Deep Forest, Jethro Tull, Phil Keaggy, Cream, Beetles, Doobie Brothers, Tower of Power, Average White Band, War, Bob Marley, Aoife N? Fhearraigh, Harry Gregson-Williams, Koji Kondo!, Jesse Cook, Kazumi Todaka, Kumi Tanioka

What would we ever do without music? We would DIEEEEEEEE, that's what.

Years
    I don't really bind myself to any one genre of music. Incedently, my tastes comprise of pretty much anything mainstream, minus a little bit of rap and plus a little bit of punk and "emo" music. My favorite bands at the momet are Evanescence and Linking Park.

As far as video game music, I'll get hooked onto it easily if I'm playing a game with good music in it. For example, I'm currently playing through LoZ: Minish Cap, so a lot of the music in that game is stuck in my head (especially the famous Zelda overworld them).

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
    [SIZE="-7"]Hmm...I was just listening to Barenaked Ladies...now I'm listening to Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne...o.o

I have a kinda strange punk cover of that song. o_o;;;

But uhh, here's something. Who here knows who Lacuna Coil is? I hope to get their new album once it comes out. Karmacode. <3 Hopefully my Windows will work by then. At least Linux is useable...can't do any work on my mp3 player though...Linux doesn't like my mp3 at all... --[/SIZE]

Icy42

.:~ICY~:.
    Years
    Why does everyone keep ignoring me!!?? Sorry... My emotions got a little out-of-hand there... Can someone please find Das Auto ist Kaputt for me?

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Obviously if no one has replied to you after three tries, then they don't know about the song. So please do not request a song three times in such little time.

@blackheart: I have a cassette that I used to listen to in my car of Barenaked ladies all the time before I got my stereo. They are one of my favorite 90's bands.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
    [SIZE="-7"]Sweet, dude. o.o; I've got Everything to Everyone, and their Greatest Hits CD...they're awesome. What would you say is your fav song by them? o.o[/SIZE]

Years
    DEC said:
    Why does everyone keep ignoring me!!?? Sorry... My emotions got a little out-of-hand there... Can someone please find Das Auto ist Kaputt for me?
    Sorry, but I couldn't find that anywhere (from free search engines, that is). Must be a pretty rare song.

Back