• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Muv-Luv: Schwarzesmarken

Years

• Muv-Luv: Schwarzesmarken

The story follows the East German Army's 666th TSF Squadron in its battles and political conflicts in 1983, during the BETA's westward push into Europe.

The 666th TSF Squadron Schwarzesmarken (Black Marks) are a special-response unit tasked with assaulting BETA forces through unconventional tactics; specifically, they target Laser- and Heavy Laser-class BETA to deny their enemy the immense ranged firepower of those particular species. Their orders are given the topmost priority, such that it is common practice for the 666th to ignore allied distress calls that will result in deviation from their original mission, even if only for a short moment.

[Source]

Information

Episodes: 12+
    Airing: Jan 11, 2016
    Studios: SANZIGEN, ixtl, LIDENFILMS
    Genres: Action, Drama, Mecha, Military, Sci-Fi

I am personally a huge fan of the Muv-Luv series. The Total Eclipse anime was a bit of a let down, but still this does help pave the way for a Muv-Luv trilogy anime adaptation.

On the other hand, I've heard good things about Schwarzesmarken. The source LN hasn't been translated yet so I am a bit in the dark about the overall plot so a bit excited about this adaptation.

Saragraph

Everything for the OST.
    Years
  • Really, really?! A west German citizen asking for asylum in the DDR? Why would anyone think like this, especially with the war going on. This is an anime, fine, but people back then knew what was going on in the DDR. They knew. Oh, they knew.

Years
  • Really, really?! A west German citizen asking for asylum in the DDR? Why would anyone think like this, especially with the war going on. This is an anime, fine, but people back then knew what was going on in the DDR. They knew. Oh, they knew.

For some reason I think she's a spy or is looking for a specific someone in the DDR.

There's usually a backstory for these kinds of development. Heck the male protagonist is basically shouting how bad the Stazi is to the girl.

Back