• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen My Alpha Sapphire's screwed up, what should i do?

CocoaAlpaca

south park elementary's gym leader
Years
  • So, one day i went to play Alpha Sapphire, ready to beat the league. I'd already beat all the Gym Leaders, caught Kyogre and had a powerful team of cute and cool Pokemon.
    However, i went on and this happened. (Image might be large, click at your own risk.)
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EIimXPCXYAUGYtd?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
    I saw this and literally broke down sobbing. My months of work, my team and everything else was gone. I felt happy this wasn't my Omega Ruby since i have loads of stuff on there, but i was still extremely sad regardless. I knew that all i could do was restart the game, so i did. Restarted the game, reset to get my Female Treecko back, got a Lotad and then shut the game down again.
    However, i went back on later, and the save was corrupted AGAIN.
    I didn't do ANYTHING that could make this happen, so i think the copy is just screwed up. It was a pre owned copy and i had it for years, after all. What do you guys think, though?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Do you remember doing anything that might have corrupted the save file? such as accidentally shutting down your 3DS while saving, or the battery dying while trying to do so? If not, maybe the cartridge is just faulty, there's always a few games out there like that. That being said, I'm sorry you lost your save file due to corruption...

I recommend doing save data backups on your 3ds menu if you already don't, since it seems that unlike in the older games (generations III to V) generation six games down have save data backups built into the cartridge themself.

Last edited:

CocoaAlpaca

south park elementary's gym leader
    Years
  • The only thing that could have corrupted the OG save is turning off the game a few seconds after saving. The game just corrupted itself the second time.
    I never knew you could do save backups on the 3DS i'll do that as long as it doesn't require Homebrew or anything.

Back