• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

my attempt at "team rocket"; plz rate/help

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    Arbok @ liechi [jolly]
    252att, 252speed, 6hp
    intimidate <--maybe shed skin to avoid status
    -glare
    -hp fighting <-- i had endure here, with adament nature and salac berry for berry abusers, but decided that i'd rather let berry users have their way with this team and beat the rest(non-berry abusing teams)
    -rockslide
    -sludge bomb <- thought about maybe earthquake, but decided to stick with STAB

Persian @ lefties [jolly]
    252att, 252 speed, 6hp
    limber
    -return
    -shadowball
    -swagger
    -psych up
    alright, so jesse and james had meowth, not persian, but come on, this team is weak enough as it is. besides, giovanni has a persian.. so technically persian IS a team rocket pokemon. this little guy is stronger than you think. if arbok does its job(at the very worst, paralyze someone) then persian can be sent in for clean up. of course first thing it does is set up, which means swagger, psych up, and then you guessed it, SWEEP and man oh man can this poke sweep.. you'd be surprised. my favorite is killing a paralyzed skarm slowly while the opponent cries "hax, haxxxxxx... plz spare me and have rematch with meeee :( " lol

Victreebel @ petaya [timid]
    252 speed, 252sp.att, 6hp
    chlorophyll
    -sleep powder
    -magical leaf
    -hidden power fire
    -sludge bomb <--for stab and it has good att stat even after timid nature, which makes it a good combo sweep; it also tends to give the opponent status:D the problem here is many of my pokes already know this move(sludge bomb) but it's kinda a waste if i don't have it here. this is my poor man's venasaur. faster but not much staying power and NO LEECH SEED!! i could try synthesis over sludge bomb.. but what's the point of having that staying power when he doesn't have any status inducing moves?

weezing @ lefties [impish]
    252att, 58hp, 200sp.def
    levitate
    -pain split
    -willowisp
    -sludge bomb <-- again?? i wanna try something else, maybe shadowball to get those dang psychic pokes that always switch in???
    -haze
    very standard weezing i think(finally an OU eh? maybe this team has hope). the problem here is sludge bomb yet again. shadowball could do it, but then it loses stab. i think it'll make for a nice surprise though.

gyarados @ salac [adament]
    252att, 252speed, 6hp
    intimidate
    -taunt
    -dragon dance
    -hp flying
    -earthquake edit: not rock slide, sorry for the mistake
    quite standard, no? a second OU. he's alright. 2 dragon dance and he sweeps most pokes though. glad i could add him and he's usually paired with victree who sleep powder, making opportunities for gyarados to set up. and in case you're wondering, yes, james had a gyarados :P even though it didn't obey him. james had some good pokemon, with victree, weezing, and gyarados. he even had growlithe(too bad it wasn't arcanine).

Wobbuffet @ lefties [relaxed]
    252hp, 129def, 129sp.def
    shadowtag
    -counter
    -mirror coat
    -encore
    -destiny bond
    made him up randomly. i thought about lickitung but wobbuffet seemed to have better stats and this team needs a tank anyway. personally i'm not confortable with a poke with ZERO offensive moves.. it's just not my style. he's doing a good job though. his ev's are probably messed up cuz i don't know what the "standard" is. it's working though.

anyway, this team is far from being unbeatable, but it's doing quite alright(maybe i've been playing noobs, i dunno; they tend to have multiple legendaries though like celebi, jirachi, and then skarm and tyranitar so they're not easy to beat). suggestions are always welcome. thanx guys.

Last edited:
    Years
  • seviper over arbok, primeape over persian for sweep (cassedy and butch have it), raticate over victreebell, *weaker swellow*: reversal, sub, super fang, facade

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    kirby00 said:
    seviper over arbok, primeape over persian for sweep (cassedy and butch have it), raticate over victreebell, *weaker swellow*: reversal, sub, super fang, facade

i'm not familiar with seviper but yeah, i can definitely look into it. i thought about it actually, but their stats are comparable(seviper with higher att and sp.att but lower speed, def, sp.def) and their move pool are similar too, if not identicle(which is what it looks like at a glance). arbok is actually a bit faster so arguably he's better suited for the job.

primeape over perisan eh? hmm, sure why not, though i really like perisan/meowth as they are like the face of team rocket. i think you may underrate this persian i'm using though, cuz he's not the weakest link.

primeape @ salac [jolly]
    252speed, 80hp(for abusing berries), 178att
    vital spirit
    -bulk up
    -reversal
    -sub
    -hidden power ghost
    this will work. i had him on one of my other teams and this primeape's not half bad.

raticate over victrebell? who's gonna special sweep then? victree's sleep powder has good use and its magical leaf has come in handy against rocks, hidden power fire is handy against steel. it would make sense if victrebell wasn't my only special sweeper. if anything i should be finding ways to add another special sweepert, not take one out. unless you're thinking of making seviper a special sweepert.....

Sin

^^
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2006
    give weezing thunderbolt instead of sludge bomb, u got too many poison moves. and that would essentailly get u one extra sp.sweeper. flamethrower works on weezing too

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    Sin said:
    give weezing thunderbolt instead of sludge bomb, u got too many poison moves. and that would essentailly get u one extra sp.sweeper. flamethrower works on weezing too

yeah, i switched impish to bold and put all the ev's in att to sp.att. i'm using flamethrower now. haven't really try it out yet(haven't had the opportunity). maybe i'll try tbolt as my victree already has grass and fire.

btw, i'm loving this team now. wobbuffet has its use. for opponents that abuse moves like calm mind, and spike, and rest, i encore them, send out persian for swagger, psych up, and sweeps.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    c_dog said:
    Arbok @ choice band [adamant]
    252att, 252speed, 6hp
    intimidate <--maybe shed skin to avoid status
    -glare earthquake
    -hp fighting ground
    -rockslide
    -sludge bomb <- thought about maybe earthquake, but decided to stick with STAB

Persian @ lefties [jolly]
    252att, 252 speed, 6hp
    limber
    -return
    -shadowball
    -swagger
    -psych up
    alright, so jesse and james had meowth, not persian, but come on, this team is weak enough as it is. besides, giovanni has a persian.. so technically persian IS a team rocket pokemon. this little guy is stronger than you think. if arbok does its job(at the very worst, paralyze someone) then persian can be sent in for clean up. of course first thing it does is set up, which means swagger, psych up, and then you guessed it, SWEEP and man oh man can this poke sweep.. you'd be surprised. my favorite is killing a paralyzed skarm slowly while the opponent cries "hax, haxxxxxx... plz spare me and have rematch with meeee :( " lol

watch out for stuff that wants that +2 Atk

Victreebel @ petaya [timid]
    252 speed, 252sp.att, 6hp
    chlorophyll
    -sleep powder
    -magical leaf
    -hidden power fire
    -sludge bomb <--for stab and it has good att stat even after timid nature, which makes it a good combo sweep; it also tends to give the opponent status:D the problem here is many of my pokes already know this move(sludge bomb) but it's kinda a waste if i don't have it here. this is my poor man's venasaur. faster but not much staying power and NO LEECH SEED!! i could try synthesis over sludge bomb.. but what's the point of having that staying power when he doesn't have any status inducing moves?

sunny day over sludge bomb, since you are trying to make it a special attacker.

Mine:
    Vic@ salac/liechi
    ~Sleep Powder/ Sunny Day
    ~Swords Dance
    ~Sludge Bomb
    ~Hidden Power [Ground]/HP: Fire

Stuff on the outside is used together

weezing @ lefties [impish]
    252att, 58hp, 200sp.def
    levitate
    -pain split
    -willowisp
    -sludge bomb <-- again?? i wanna try something else, maybe shadowball to get those dang psychic pokes that always switch in???
    -haze
    very standard weezing i think(finally an OU eh? maybe this team has hope). the problem here is sludge bomb yet again. shadowball could do it, but then it loses stab. i think it'll make for a nice surprise though.

Thunder, Thunder Bolt, Fire Blast is viable

gyarados @ salac [adament]
    252att, 252speed, 6hp
    intimidate
    -taunt
    -dragon dance
    -hp flying
    -earthquake edit: not rock slide, sorry for the mistake
    quite standard, no? a second OU. he's alright. 2 dragon dance and he sweeps most pokes though. glad i could add him and he's usually paired with victree who sleep powder, making opportunities for gyarados to set up. and in case you're wondering, yes, james had a gyarados :P even though it didn't obey him. james had some good pokemon, with victree, weezing, and gyarados. he even had growlithe(too bad it wasn't arcanine).

Wobbuffet @ lefties [relaxed]
    252hp, 129def, 129sp.def

EVs: 252 HP / 170 Spd / 88 SDef
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

shadowtag
    -counter
    -mirror coat
    -encore
    -destiny bond
    made him up randomly. i thought about lickitung but wobbuffet seemed to have better stats and this team needs a tank anyway. personally i'm not confortable with a poke with ZERO offensive moves.. it's just not my style. he's doing a good job though. his ev's are probably messed up cuz i don't know what the "standard" is. it's working though.

anyway, this team is far from being unbeatable, but it's doing quite alright(maybe i've been playing noobs, i dunno; they tend to have multiple legendaries though like celebi, jirachi, and then skarm and tyranitar so they're not easy to beat). suggestions are always welcome. thanx guys.

speed on wobba is to out speed boah and other miscreants, with the destiny bond

Years
  • id say nidoking, *didnt jesse/james use it vs ash in the gym battle for the earthbadge?*
    eq, sbomb, thunderbolt, surf/icebeam
    nidoking has good speed, 85 base, good sp a *85 also, and 92 base attack w/ 2 good stab moves
    Nidoking: leftovers/salac *dont always need endure/sub to survive and sweep*
    eq
    sbomb
    t-bolt/mega horn (few pokemon learn this move, good vs grass/psychics/dark)
    surf/ice beam (surf would make a nice alternative as non ur other pokes can use it).
    252 evs attack, 129 speed, 129 sp a, +sp a nature - sp def
    or set up evs your own way

also for sp sweeper: leftovers/salac again
    252 speed, 252 sp a, 4 hp nature:+sp a -a
    eq/counter
    rain dance
    surf
    thunder

annoyer/tank 252 hp, def, and 4 evs sp def +def nature, or 129 both def
    counter,tuant, thief/protect, toxic

finally for speedy cbder
    cb, 252 evs speed, 252 attack, 4 hp +speed nature