• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

my beauiful Roserade.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2007
    so, i finally evolved my Roselia to get a Roserade. Now, i need some help.

Roserade - Lvl 60

* Giga Drain
    * Magical Leaf
    * Leech Seed
    * Solar Beam

What move should i teach it to get rid of Leech Seed? I was thinking either Shadow Ball or Sludge Bomb. Is there any other Poison type TM's that i should try to find? Is there a Gunk Ball TM? Are there any moves that you think would go great with Roserade?? thanks.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • o_o; Poison Stab is another poison move TM, but I'll suggest you to look up some basic guidelines to making a moveset... even if it's for ingame purposes, it should have a diverse array of moves so that you don't have to switch as much. If you're playing on a competitive stance, then there's a lot more moves that cause an effect but not damage will be used, especially stealth rock.

You don't want 2 moves of the same type together as a general rule with very few exceptions. For example, you got 3 grass special attacks. You really only need one, and none of those 3 moves are all that great. They all either got horrible attack power, or they need to charge up a turn which if you're calculating power per turn, solarbeam is just as bad as magical leaf then...

I don't know Roserade's movepool on top of my head and I'm at work right now (work filters a lot of websites so I can't check the movepool either). I only know that it really should have Energy Ball, which is the standard grass attack of this moment... that is, if Roserade is going towards the special attack side, in which it seems to be so.

As for the other attacks, I'm going to leave it to the other people. Personally will NOT recommand Sludge bomb even with its power and STAB, because poison type is just totally horrible...

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • depends how you want to use it... if you want it to be a semi-special sweeper, then Energy Ball/Shadow Ball/Slude Bomb/Sleep Powder. if you want it to be in and out to take a Thunder Bolt or two and force a switch, Energy Ball/Sludge Bomb/Sleep Powder/Leech Seed. if you want it to be a speedy cleric, Energy Ball/Sleep Powder/Leech Seed/Aromatherapy.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2007
    o_o; Poison Stab is another poison move TM, but I'll suggest you to look up some basic guidelines to making a moveset... even if it's for ingame purposes, it should have a diverse array of moves so that you don't have to switch as much. If you're playing on a competitive stance, then there's a lot more moves that cause an effect but not damage will be used, especially stealth rock.

You don't want 2 moves of the same type together as a general rule with very few exceptions. For example, you got 3 grass special attacks. You really only need one, and none of those 3 moves are all that great. They all either got horrible attack power, or they need to charge up a turn which if you're calculating power per turn, solarbeam is just as bad as magical leaf then...

I don't know Roserade's movepool on top of my head and I'm at work right now (work filters a lot of websites so I can't check the movepool either). I only know that it really should have Energy Ball, which is the standard grass attack of this moment... that is, if Roserade is going towards the special attack side, in which it seems to be so.

As for the other attacks, I'm going to leave it to the other people. Personally will NOT recommand Sludge bomb even with its power and STAB, because poison type is just totally horrible...

Heh, i forgot that most people like to give odd movesets like Fire Blast to a Golem. I dunno, but it doesn't seem really natural doing that. I've never really done anything as odd as that in any pokemon game i've ever played. However, i'm willing to give it a try if it'll make my Roserade into a killing machine.

depends how you want to use it... if you want it to be a semi-special sweeper, then Energy Ball/Shadow Ball/Slude Bomb/Sleep Powder. if you want it to be in and out to take a Thunder Bolt or two and force a switch, Energy Ball/Sludge Bomb/Sleep Powder/Leech Seed. if you want it to be a speedy cleric, Energy Ball/Sleep Powder/Leech Seed/Aromatherapy.

Well, i would like my Roserade to be a powerhouse. I know, grass pokemon aren't known as super-powerful...but this is a Roserade that we're talking about here. The third evolution of that little Bedew that i could so long ago....

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2009
    Evolving your Roselia at lvl 60 is kinda a waste..all those stats gone byebye..

Well I evolved mine at like 35. Its moveset is:

Energy Ball (Grass - 80 Power)
    Sludge Bomb (Poison - 90 power)
    Leech Seed
    Giga Drain

I think thats the best "attacking" moveset for Roserade that I can think of..

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007

Well I evolved mine at like 35. Its moveset is:

Energy Ball (Grass - 80 Power)
    Sludge Bomb (Poison - 90 power)
    Leech Seed
    Giga Drain

I think thats the best "attacking" moveset for Roserade that I can think of..

You don't really need Giga Drain, so, maybe Sleep Powder might be better because that way,(most of) your oponnents can't hit you.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    What the flarp! O.o It doesn't matter when you evolve a Pokémon; its stats will still be as high as if you would have evolved it earlier. -.- Just thought I'd point that out.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • *Sigh* All these posts and no sweepy Roserade to be seen. :\ Here, a standard, functioning, Roserade:

Roserade @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    Energy Ball
    Sludge Bomb
    Leaf Storm/Aromatherapy
    Shadow Ball

Leaf Storm is only for pounding the extreme cases that the other moves don't have the 'umph' for and you should always make sure that you'll be in a position to switch out after it. Aromatherapy if you see a need to have it clericing for your team.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2007
    what TM are Leaf Storm and Energy Ball, and where do i find them? Also, is there a Gunk Ball TM?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Leaf Storm is not a TM; it's an egg move. However, seeing as how you've evolved it without Aromatherapy in your set, that basically leaves the sweeper set one move short. .__. Rest as a sub-optimal filler (might accomplish something if it has Natural Cure) or Weather Ball if you have a weather-effect pokémon on your team. It's either that or breeding for a new one.

As for TMs...can't help you there, I don't have either of the D/P games yet so I can't check. :\

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2007
    It took me an entire week to train a Bedew to get it to be happy and evolve before lvl 17, so it could learn Magical Leaf. I'm not doing it again.

Years
  • Um, just cause I don't wanna start another thread, can anyone give me some good movesets for:

subseeder roserade
    healer roserade
    annoyer- i mean, it's got toxic, toxic spikes (I think it's a poison version of spikes), leech seed...it HAS to have some annoying moveset.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • roserade is not fast enough for subseeding, and simply can't take hits.

healer -- cleric roserade.
    if you want it to be a speedy cleric, Energy Ball/Sleep Powder/Leech Seed/Aromatherapy.

annoyer... it can't take hits.

Back