• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Competetive Team Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Thanks for the help in the last thread everyone! Here's my somewhat ravamped team:

Umbreon@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    EVs: 252 HP, 150 Defense, 108 Special Defense
    ~Confuse Ray
    ~Toxic
    ~Moonlight/wish
    ~Mean look

Tank Umbreon has great Defenses and HP to destroy everything except nasty fighting types (namely heracross). I hope this can work, but I think it can.

Scizor@White Herb/Quick Claw
    Jolly Nature
    EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Special Defense, 6 Attack
    ~Agility/Iron Defense
    ~Swords Dance
    ~Baton Pass
    ~Silver Wind

My BPer could give my team amazing speed with agility or some backbone w/ iron defense. Swords dance is for gengar and charizard and silver wind for my attack and it can raise all stats, making it a good BPer.

Kingdra@Chesto Berry/king's rock
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 252 HP, 130 Defense, 128 Special Defense
    ~Toxic/Attract
    ~Surf
    ~Twister/Dragonbreath
    ~Rest

Kingdra is my annoyer of darkness. I could go w/ haxflinch w/ twister, toxic, and king's rock or achesto berry w/ toxic and Dbreath. This could be a flop or a powerhouse.

Electabuzz@Brightpowder
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~Psychic/substitute
    ~Ice Punch
    ~Fire Punch

This is self-explanatory. Use whatever hits the hardest. Ice Punch covers its only weakness-ground. Its achilles heel is its poor D, but he could be dangerous.

Charizard@Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    ~Earthquake
    ~Aerial Ace
    ~Rock Slide
    ~Brick Break

3 swords dances and agilities/iron defenses from Scizor plus the choice band and Charizard is a superpower. It packs 6x damage w/ 3 SD bonuses and the choice band on a normal effective hit. Imagine a super effective blast!

Gengar@lum berry
    Docile Nature
    EVs: 168 Speed, 174 Attack, 168 Special Attack
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Giga Drain
    ~Destiny Bond
    ~Sludge Bomb/HP steel/psychic/???

Gengar is my only wildcard whose moveset is in question and I'd be okay with replacing. Physical attacks can work with BPed attack from Scizor.

I know this isn't perfect so I need help again. I have explanations this time so I hope that helps. Don't be afraid to critizize this team. I want 100% honesty but something constructive. I greatly appreciate the help! Thanks so much!

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    How do you delete them? Anyways the reason charizard doesn't have a fire move is because then my nature and EV spread would become a mess. He is supposed to get attack power from scizor. Thanks for the help though. I mean it. THANKS!

EDIT: and I am mega sorry about all the posts. Just typical me being desparate like a little... can't think of a name!

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much. Now that that's all out of the way, can anyone help this team? Remember, it's 3rd gen, so umbreon can be useful!

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Triple Post + Unneeded Combo breaker

Umbreon @ Leftovers
    ~Confuse Ray
    ~Toxic
    ~Curse
    ~Baton Pass

I posted this set because Scizor has White Herb attached to it.

Scizor@White Herb
    Jolly Nature
    EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Special Defense, 6 Attack
    ~Agility
    ~Swords Dance
    ~Baton Pass
    ~Silver Wind

Kingdra@Chesto Berry
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 252 HP, 130 Defense, 128 Special Defense
    ~Toxic/Ice Beam
    ~Surf
    ~Sleep Talk
    ~Rest

Electabuzz@Lum Berry
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 200 Special Attack, 110 Speed, 200 Attack
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~HP Ghost
    ~Ice Punch
    ~Fire Punch

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    What about the others? I want this to be out of the ordinary. Is there a set for umbreon that doesn't have baton pass in it? If so I'm hungry for it. HUNGRY!

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Umbreon @ Leftovers
    ~Confuse Ray
    ~Toxic
    ~Mean Look
    ~Wish

Same set.

Gengar@ Petyta Berry
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 6 HP
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~Ice Punch
    ~Fire Punch/Sub
    ~Psychic

Please delete your posts.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    'K, I'll take care of that. Also, shouldn't I not have fire and ice punch and thunderbolt on both electabuzz AND Gengar. Wouldn't that be kinda pointless? I'd like to cover as many types as possible if possible (that was a mouthful).

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    'K, I'll take care of that. Also, shouldn't I not have fire and ice punch and thunderbolt on both electabuzz AND Gengar. Wouldn't that be kinda pointless? I'd like to cover as many types as possible if possible (that was a mouthful).

Oh..I'm sorry. T_T

I didn't notice.

Gengar@ Petyta Berry
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 6 HP
    ~Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball
    ~Ice Punch
    ~Substitute
    ~Psychic

Electabuzz@Lum Berry
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 200 Special Attack, 110 Speed, 200 Attack
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~HP Ghost
    ~Ice Punch
    ~Thunder Wave

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    They'd both have an ice and a ghost/electric move still. I'd like to keep electabuzz but I'd be more than happy to scrap gengar. A sweeper with no weaknesses someone else on my team already has are my only requirements. Wait, that narrows it down quite a lot...BTW LOVE thunder wave on electabuzz.

Dispiacere

The Shama Llama
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 3, 2011
    How do you delete them? Anyways the reason charizard doesn't have a fire move is because then my nature and EV spread would become a mess. He is supposed to get attack power from scizor. Thanks for the help though. I mean it. THANKS!

EDIT: and I am mega sorry about all the posts. Just typical me being desparate like a little... can't think of a name!

If you want to keep Charizards attack EVs, why not teach it Fire Fang(physical attack)?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    This is 3RD GEN! I am in the minority of people who don't like D/P. Anyways, would overheat work on charizard?

EDIT: Are there any effective annoyer sets for kingdra?

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    Annoyer sets for Kingdra!

My Competetive Team Part 2

Merry Christmas

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back