• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My competition team is in need of help

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
Years
  • Hippowdon @ Grip Claw
    Protect
    Fire Fang
    Sand Tomb
    Rest

Aerodactyl @ Quick Claw
    Toxic
    Assurance
    Roar
    Thunder fang

Slaking @ Leftovers
    Giga Attack
    Focus Punch
    Hyper Beam
    Slack Off

Slowking @ Mystic Water
    Surf
    Blizzard
    Calm Mind
    Psychic

Torterra @ Big Root
    Earthquake
    Leech Seed
    Wood Hammer
    Stone Edge

Blaziken @ Scope Lens
    Blaze Kick
    Focus Energy
    Brave Bird
    Night Slash

My original strategy was to throw out Hippowdon, and get Sandstorm started. Then switch him out with Aerodactyl and use toxic, then roar, and repeat until my whole opponent's team was poisoned. I would then start to pick them off one by one with the rest of my team. This hasn't been working for me though. I had an idea that Blizzard wasn't a good choice for Slowking... Suggestions?

AbareMax

Last edited:

Vainz

The Pokemon and Jedi Master
    Years
  • We have some improvments to make. First, your whole plan is ruined because when the enemy's pokemon is roared back, it is not Badly poisoned anymore, just poisoned. Blizzard isnt that good unless you have hail going, so just use Ice Beam. 1/2 of your team is weak against water. Its ok to have 2 weak to the same thing, but three is pushing it. I wouldnt use that plan because it can be stopped easily, and it is very unreilable, and in the end, not even worth it.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Hippowdon @ Leftovers
    Curse
    Earthquake
    Rest
    Fire Fang

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
    Toxic/Stealth Rock
    Stone Edge/Earthquake
    Roar
    Thunder fang

Slowking @ Leftovers
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Calm Mind
    Psychic

Torterra @ Leftovers
    Earthquake
    Leech Seed
    Wood Hammer
    Stone Edge

Blaziken @ Choice Band
    Blaze Kick
    Earthquake
    Night Slash/Stone Edge
    Brick Break

Nature and EV's would help. ^_^;

Interesting idea for your team but it's rather slow for it.

Soulinferno

Bandit
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    I would suggest taking out torterra since he has a x4 weakness to ice and almost every single team has a pokemon with ice beam and since torterras pretty slow not really helping you.

AbareMax

Years
  • Thanks Bleach and Sunshine. I'll try to change that up a bit. It's somewhat hard for me to tell you natures, because my game is in Japanese @__@. For EVs, it's sort of hard to remember that part. There's no real way of finding out right?

AbareMax

AbareMax

Years
  • AH, I hate to double post, but Bleach and Sunshine you didn't rate my Slaking. I know there are problems with it because it has too many Normal-type moves. I was thinking about adding Fling to it instead of Hyper beam.

Also, would it be good if I switched out Aerodactyl for a Skarmory, and perhaps Tyranitar for the Hippowdon? I would love to hear your opinion on this.

AbareMax

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    My opinion. Wow o_O

You could do whatever. But I would keep Aerodactyl since it get a 1.5 Special Defense boost due to sandstorm. You could use Skarmory also as a Spiker with Stealth Rock. Also since it's unaffected by Sand Stream. You could have a team using Stealth Rock and Spikes and having 2 rock pokemon for the Special Defense boost due to Sand Stream.

Slaking @ Leftovers
    Earthquake
    Return/Giga Impact
    Yawn
    Brick Break/Hammer Arm

Back