• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

my deck:dragons lair

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2004
    im going to be adding more later to it so take it easy on me okay:)

best pokemon:
    3x salamence
    2x flygon
    1x dark typhlosion
    1x muk ex
    2x blaziken
    1x camerupt-the one that does 100 damage

basic pokemon:
    1x numel
    2x bagon
    2x shelgon
    2x trapinch
    2x vibrava
    1x cyndaquil
    1x dark quilava
    1x grimer
    2x torchic
    2x combusken

trainers:
    1x high pressure system
    4x pokeball
    1x wallys training
    1x gust of wind
    2x potion
    1x energy stadium

need help on trainers and ENERGY!!!! or whatever you see wrong on my deck

Years
    Hmm... well my first step of advice, is to play less Pokemon. After getting a total for your deck, you come out with 36 cards in your deck, so you have about half a deck so far numbers wise. Looking at your Pokemon, you have a common theme of colours which is good (Fire/Grass with a splash of Colourless), but I would try and get 1 or two primary hitters/evolution chains, then work cards around them in order to get those primarys out there.

Now since your deck seems to have mostly Fire/Grass and Salamence requires Fire/Water to attack... rather than mess with the energy ratios for that one Pokemon's attack, lets remove him and it's pre evolutions. I would most likely do the same with Flygon, since he requires Grass/Lightning to attack, and since Lightning energy doesn't seem to be in the spotlight of the deck except for this attack, we can open those slots by removing Flygon and it's pre-evolutions too. I also removed Camerupt simply because it looked like a heavy object to retreat and move around on the field... plus we can use the open slots. While removing cards, we can keep the idea of grass availible, but I've removed the Muk ex line, not because of the two prize deal, but simply because it doesn't seem to really fit much. Okay, so not counting Trainers, this is what I got form your original deck:

1x Dark Typhlosion (Neo Destiny)
    1x Dark Quilava (Neo Destiny)
    1x Cyndaquil (Neo Destiny?)
    2x Blaziken (3/109) (EX: R/s)
    2x Combusken (??/109) (EX: R/S?)
    2x Torchic (??/109) (EX: R/S?)

Cutting out stuff, I've left the Blaziken and Dark Typhlosion lines in... now lets do some swapping and building up to make these the primary focus. Whenever working with evolutions, its best to kinda work in a pyramid, where you have either 4 Basic, 3 Stage One, 3 or 2 Stage Two. Why you may ask? Well that stage two card in your hand won't do any good if you don't have the pre-evolution(s) in play first, bringing up the numbers of the lower forms increase the odds of top-decking them.

So starting with the Blaziken line, I'm assuming you where refering to the holographic Blaziken (3/109) from EX: Ruby & Sapphire. Personally its a good choice, I've been playtesting a Modifed format deck running the same card. I would first try to run one more holo Blaziken if you could. Moving down the line with Combusken... I would scrap the two EX: R/S Combusken in your deck for at least 3 Combusken from EX: Dragon. My reason for this replacement is because the EX: Dragon Combusken has 70 HP, and a second attack which does a dedicated 40 damage, unlike the 70 HP Combusken in EX: R/S that could do 40 damage, and even 80 damage, but your putting that risk of chance into a coin flip... I'd at least like to play something that is giving garenteed damage. Now for Torchic... I would personally play with the 40 HP Torchic (73/109) from EX: R/S. It may have a slightly low HP, but it also has an attack where no matter what energy you have first turn, you can attack if its your active. Then it's second attack, Fireworks, could help you put some Fire Energy into the discard to help build up Blaziken's attack for later down the road.

Now lets take a look at the Dark Typhlosion line. Right now your running 1 card each up the line... not really a good plan, even if you have good draw power. So lets try to match Dark Typhlosion him self with 3 copies. Now for its pre-evolution we don't really have an option to what you can play, since Dark Typhlosion evolves from Dark Quilava... so lets just build that up with three copies too. Now when it comes to Cyndaquil, there has been many copies printed so we get some choice. However, I think possibly one of the best ones to go with right now would be from EX: SandStorm. Not only does it have a high HP compaired to either Cyndaquils, it also can be a good game starter doing damage first turn, and playing with Special Conditions second. And lets bring the numbers for Cynadaquil up to four just to be sure it gets out there.

Alright, so we have the main primary hitters done. Now we want to put some cards in the deck that will help you get them out... primarily draw power... Trainer cards are a good source for this. Since your deck is using cards from Neo Destiny, its safe to assume that this deck is from the unlimmited format, which opens up the range of Trainer cards we can use greatly. Lets start with an old classic, Professor Oak, which will let you ditch your hand to your discard (hey, some Fire energy to play off Blaziken's Power, and attach 2 Energy cards per-turn, or even more depending on how many Blaziken you have in play)... also Oak over Elm because you can play Trainer cards immeditally after 'Oaking', and Birtch doesn't count... its a Supporter, 1 per turn ;). Also some Computer Search could be in order to help search your deck for that 1 card that you need at the given time... Pokemon Breeder could be a game stealing move too, or you can play Rare Candy over Breeder if you wish, both cards do practically the same thing. Except with Rare Candy, you can have the flexiblity of going basic -> stage 1 or basic -> stage 2, depending on what you want to play and what is in your hand.

Now how about some healing to help out your Pokemon? I'd look into maybe either Berry or Gold Berry from Neo Genesis, which activates between turns to remove damage from your Pokemon (either 20 or 40 damage). And what about all that Energy in the discard pile, isn't there some way to recycle it and reuse it a little more? Well we do have Blaziken's power to take Energy cards from the discard to attach to your other Pokemon... and Dark Typholosion's attack which discard Fire energy to do 40x the number being discarded... so thats a system almost in it self (and could really be intresting in a 2-on-2 battle I think), but some Trainer help could be in order. Some Energy Restore could be useful, and also some Energy Recycle System. I'd most likely try playtesting one or the other, then maybe both for results.

Looking over the list we could possibly go for some more drawing power, Bill anyone? Alright, so it seems like it will be quick... looking back I kinda dropped grass in the writting... ^^". So now lets pop in some energy. It seems we have 17 slots left... and well, we are playing an all fire deck, so I'd fill your nessary energy with that. Usually I try to run a total of 16-19 Energy for my decks, so this kinda fits well in there. I know by playing one type you have kinda put all your eggs in to one basket, but it may work out in the end when you don't get screwed from lack of nessary Energy card... something that gets a lot of the younger players at my league. So lets look at the list...

3x Blaziken (3/109) (EX: R/S)
    3x Combusken (EX: Dragon)
    4x Torchic (73/109) (EX: R/S)
    3x Dark Typhlosion (Neo Destiny)
    3x Dark Quilava (Neo Destiny)
    4x Cyndaquil (EX: SandStorm)

4x Professor Oak (Base Set)
    3x Computer Search (Base Set)
    3x Rare Candy (EX: SandStorm)
    3x Gold Berry
    3x Energy Restore (EX: R/S)
    3x Energy Recycle System (EX: Dragon)
    4x Bill

17x Fire Energy

TOTAL CARDS IN DECK: 60

In no way I think this deck will win you any tournaments... I'd suggest to try building it, and play with it a lot, tweeking things and making mass changes to help perfect it based on your playing experence. Hope this helps,

-marril

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    I'd like to see a Rainbow Burn deck with some Dragon Flame/Claw out of this thing. First, let's get rid of all the riff-raf, meaning all the Pokes other than the Salamence and Flygon lines. Now, go with a 4-2-3 line for both of these guys (if you can find them, good luck with that). Next, drop in 2 Dunsparce for searching abilities. That takes card of the Pokemon (20)

For the Trainers, I'll go with my usual Modified trainer set, with a couple modifications...
    3 Copycat
    3 POR
    3 Dual Ball
    3 PETM
    4 Rare Candy
    2 Fisherman (you need the energies in your hand for Flygon's first attack)
    1 Town Volunteers
    = 18 Trainers
    If I'm missing anything, please tell me.

Now, for the Energies. I'll go off the new ruling for Multi and Rainbow for this, making Rainbow Burn that much more powerful (look through the Pokegym for these rulings)

3 Grass
    3 Lightning
    4 Fire
    4 Water
    2 Fighting
    2 Psychic
    4 Multi
    =22 Energies (fix these if there are any problems)

It will take a little while to actually get this thing built and perfected, but it will be fairly dominant when it does get built (something similar to this beat my Strange Delusions deck...) gl, hf.

Years
    Try this

Pokemon:
    4 Cacnea
    4 Cacturne
    4 Skitty
    4 Delcatty
    4 Cleffa
    2 Aerodactyl Ex

Trainer:
    4 Gold Berry
    4 Professor Elm