• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My deck, Rate! :)

antzmaster89

Upcoming Master
    Years
    Hello Pokemon fans!
    I am going to post up a deck I just recently made. Would like some comments on this deck to see if it is any good, I don't really have a name for my deck but if you come up with some let me know! :)

Psychic Base Deck:
    13x Psychic Energy
    1x Grass Energy
    1x Water Energy
    2x Fighting Energy
    9x Fire Energy

16 Trainer Cards which consist of:
    3x Life Herb
    2x PlusPower
    2x Energy Search
    2x Poke Radar
    2x Poke Ball
    1x Volkners Philosophy
    1x Bill
    1x Potion
    1x Pokedex
    1x Defender

My Pokemon are as follows:
    1x Blissey
    1x Chansey
    1x Lickitung
    1x Lickilicky
    1x Gengar
    1x Mismagius
    1x Misdreavus
    1x Jynx
    1x Drifblim
    1x Drifloon
    1x Charmeleon
    1x Charmander
    1x Banette
    1x Shuppet
    1x Ralts
    1x Kirlia
    1x Haunter
    1x Gastly

So the thing is, I went with a mixture of old school pokemon and newer ones to see if I could get a good balance out of these cards, so far so good, haven't lost with it yet to my cousin so I must of done something good. So feel free to rate this deck, give me a good name for it and tell me if I need to make any changes.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2011
    I can't really contribute much that's to constructive at the minute. Could you perhaps list the set the cards (or at least the pokemon) are from? This helps people know what version you're using since you've said you're using a mix of old and new and, currently in the organised play circuit there are 4 different legal Gastly's and a total of 13 different Gastly's have been printed (excluding Sabrina's Gastly's, since they're different. Although there's 3 different versions of that as well...).

Of the things I can constructively add I would say, compared to the more competitive decks that are used in Leagues, there is far to many energy both in regards to amount and types. If you were to take a look at my newest deck (which I have posted here) you'll see that I use 13 energy in total, the same amount as you have psychic energy. This amount seems to be fairly standard in being able to draw energy card without being overwhelmed by them.

Trainers seem to be the key to having a deck working as fast as possible, so adding to the numbers there could be useful, but cards such as Life Herb, Pokeball, Bill, Potion and on occasion Defender are very rarely seen. They may be useful in this deck as it would run somewhat slower than current metagame decks, but in current decks the trainers are more based towards drawing power with cards such as Bebe's Search, Professor Oak's New Theory, Pokemon Collector, Pokemon Communication and, depending on your deck, SP Radar. Use of these card with others that boost your ability to evolve and gain energy can speed up a deck, allowing for faster wins.

In regards to pokemon, you're usually best sticking to 1 or two types (excluding cards used for their specific powers or bodies) and should consider building up stronger evolution lines (and therefore a greater chance of drawing into the evolution you want).

That's all I can really think of off the top of my head, but if you can update your list I may be able to provide something more.

Back