• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Dream Pokemon Game

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2017
    I figured this would be an interesting topic, not sure if it belongs here or what but I wanted to get it out there!

Basically, as much as I love Pokemon there are many things that I would like to see different, especially as the universe gets expanded further and further. So this is just to talk about what I'd do if I had the power to!

I'd begin with a re-imagining of almost all the games simultaneously, with visuals like in XY but quicker. I love how the old games used to have very little extra visual effects, but some of the new looks in these games blew me away and I'd love to see more of that. The simultaneous release of all the generations would allow cross compatibility and widely expanded Pokedexes, to more accurately reflect what I think the Pokemon world would be like.

The expanded Pokedexes would all include about 200-250 mons, beginning with the regular starters for each region but with additions such as seeing some of the basic Pokemon in all or at least most of the regions. For example, Rattata should be more widespread than it is, and there should definitely be more bugs! I understand that the games try to keep themselves fresh so they don't want to overuse old Pokemon but it's always annoyed me how the real world has so many animals found all over the world but in the games they are limited to being widespread around one region and completely absent from neighbouring regions.

I'd like the post game sections of each region to be less of an Easter egg hunt for legendaries handed to you on a plate, as I feel there are too many legendaries now. I get that each region has its own legends and such but I feel like each generation (particularly for the first 4) tried to "out-legendary" the one before it.

I'd also like there to be some sort of nest or habitat feature to find Pokemon. For example, there could be a huge load of Weedle hidden in the corner of Viridian Forest, away from all the Pidgey circling around above. This would make it possible to maybe try to track some Pokemon and add skill into finding some of the rarer ones, and maybe make it possible to find some mons earlier in the games than normal (maybe sort of similar to outbreaks).

Villainous teams have always slightly bugged me too - they often feel like they're evil for the sake of being evil. Team Rocket would get a more pronounced goal, rather than using Pokemon for evil. I like how some of the teams are referenced in later games, so maybe there could be some sort of splinter groups in other regions, that you have to find and take out as a side quest to the main plot. This could potentially make the storyline slightly more flexible - if you beat a Rocket Grunt early in Hoenn, for example, he might allow you to skip a later battle. I'm sure everyone has at some point considered what the game would have been like if you could join Team Rocket at the top of Nugget Bridge...

But mainly, the overarching goal of this would be to allow a completed national dex across all regions simultaneously, and that's an idea I love! Anybody else have any thoughts?

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I know the idea has been done to death but my ideal pokemon game would be a proper first person RPG game. Like getting Bethsda on board to help make it.
    Major open world, covering all 7 regions +. Pokemon everywhere in the wild, though I like your idea where they'd be in clusters, like weedles hiding in groups from circling pidgeys etc.

It could just be such a good game, really they don't even need to adjust the current games stories, I'd be happy to start in kanto and work my way through each region in original release order.

I have a really good picture of this game in my head, though don't really know how to put it into words.

The biggest issue would be battles, keeping it turn based would break the immersion I feel, so I'd rather you got to swap from playing as the trainer to being the pokemon you've sent out, and then make battling more like the Anime where its free attacking, and you need to dodge, counter etc. Would also allow you to have more than 4 attacks at your disposal, and allow for increasing difficulty as Legends, Gym Leaders, E4, could not only just be higher levels, but also be more responsive, and dodge/counter attacks ect more effectively than wild pokemon or lower trainers

Back