• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen My eyes have been opened! Have yours?

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Ah! I am getting so pumped! So many of these Pokemon I have never used, you are inspiring me to train all of them. I have never fully completed the Pokedex, but now I want to! and, even if it is just a few levels, train them all!

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • Yeah, Togepi is pretty beast. I found that out when I used one in platinum.
    I found out that Parasect is pretty damn awesome though. I caught a Shiny Paras, and if I catch a shiny in any of my playthroughs, I have to use it no matter how useless the Pokémon may be. Anyway, it turns out that Parasect has an incredibly beastly attack stat, and I had alot of fun using it.

Years
  • My team is the genetic team almost everyone uses... I guess I'm unoriginal. D:
    Typhlosion
    Gyarados
    Ampharos
    Dragonite
    Scizor
    Alakazam

But they still kickass, although they can't really take hits...

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • crobat. i never used him b4 in any of the games, but then i realised it was a bat, and looked again. OMG he is so awesome! one of my favourite pokemon in my party atm.

Xanxaus

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2013
    Yea, the same thing happened to me when i played HG, I finally decided to train togepi. When I decided to challenge the Elite Four I had four pokemon with me: Meganium, Togekiss, Cloyster and Arcanine. And when i battled Lance, my Togekiss took out all of his Dragonites, I was really surprised XD

.Occam

Ontological parsimony?
    Years
  • My "surprise" Pokemon coming through HG is the Machamp line. It's not that I thought that evolutionary line was weak, it was really the entire fighting type. The only fighting type I've ever used since I started playing Blue 8 years ago was Lucario in Platinum and he didn't really do anything either. I rarely used him to beat anything so he lagged a few levels behind the rest of the team. When I got to the Elite 4, he came out for one pokemon and only as a sacrifice so I could revive/heal. He basically reassured my assumption that despite doing super effective damage on 5 types and being weak to only two, Fighting sucked.

That was until I traded a Drowzee (who was pretty beast himself) for Machop in Goldenrod. Muscle is a Machamp now and he is a one man wrecking machine.

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    My "surprise" Pokemon coming through HG is the Machamp line. It's not that I thought that evolutionary line was weak, it was really the entire fighting type. The only fighting type I've ever used since I started playing Blue 8 years ago was Lucario in Platinum and he didn't really do anything either. I rarely used him to beat anything so he lagged a few levels behind the rest of the team. When I got to the Elite 4, he came out for one pokemon and only as a sacrifice so I could revive/heal. He basically reassured my assumption that despite doing super effective damage on 5 types and being weak to only two, Fighting sucked.

That was until I traded a Drowzee (who was pretty beast himself) for Machop in Goldenrod. Muscle is a Machamp now and he is a one man wrecking machine.

It's funny because Muscle is a girl.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I love my team, they just whooped the Elite 4:

Dragonair Lv51
    Lapras Lv50
    Gengar Lv50
    Arcanine Lv50
    Meganium Lv50

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I made this often. I took Pokémon I thought I wouldnt like. Like in emerald I trained my zigagoon actually and it turned out uite cool especially liking the picking up , got me about 8 rare candies before elite 4.

in My silver I have quite a similar team to my old one though, although I don't have an zuba now . (well I only have one for pokethlon) so no crobat either. but maybe later.
    I don't think I had poliwhirl so often in my team though because I always had another. but I quite like it :D.
    I had togepi before in my old silver when I thought it was mostly a bit of a pain because it fainted easily and had only metronome to start with, but Now i think it has improved so much, first it has a psychic attack thats really great to start with , and it hardly ever faints . thats so cool it evolved into togetic at only level 19 and I didnt even bring it to the coiffeur as it wasnt opened. but it is one f my 'jumping 'stars now too at pokethlon and infact until now it is my only Pokémon to have mastered all pokéthlons.

One pokemon that I still havent trained but I'd like is Tentacool/tentacruel the ultimate zubat of the ocean. I can't believe how often it comes up when your surfing , much more often than before lol. and somehow it is always quite strong lol. definitely need to try training it.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    well my eyes were opened in the opposite way- i got a gastly thinking it would kick ass and all it's done so far is suck and die :(

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
  • True! I myself didn't raise Togepi before. I raised it, now it's a pretty cool special sweeper. ._.

Back