• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Fakemon

What type suitable type for Dragon?

• Fire

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Electric

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Darl

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Psychic

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Flying

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Awan2407

I should be more active
Years
  • Firion: Its a copy/paste sprite. Good, but not great. u need to edit the designs of his clothing more and hair.

Sheila: the "legwarmers" arent shaded and sprited like they are supposed to be. if they're socks, socks aren't baggy.

Tracy: same thing as the 1st sprite: a copy/paste sprite. U might need to choose better colors because the colors of the clothes are a bit too darkon the coat and a puddle of blue which is not in the pallet of the shirt colors.

Dexter: What tomthepom said. the pose is not right. I think you're trying to make him look like he's floating in the air since he looks like a psychic. So make a circle under him as the shadow of him. and you'll have him float.

J.Cena: I really dont like this one. The shading of the shirt is not right. I thought there was 3 colors or more for shading a shirt. The belt needs to be shaded too.

Lacey: I dont like her hair. you should have done the same thing you did with Sheila! Edit the hair like they did in the official sprites.also the shading doesnt look right. that electric wip, make sure she's holding a handle of the wip.

Sorry if i hurt your feelings, but this is how critque is.......
    Try to do better next time, okay? Keep spriting! the same thing happened to me, but i kept getting better by trying and trying again. Good Luck! :)

Hm...I will try it
    Thanks for the advise.
    And you don't hurt my feelings. ;)

Last edited:

PokéSprites

PokéSprites Krazy!
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jul 3, 2010
    Gym Leaders!

I like the gym leaders but instead of changing some of the colors on some of them try using sprites of other chars =P just a thought... plus like the fakemon =P

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • These are alright, but need some work.

Fireball- Pretty good, actually, but the shading should be less linear, and more like that of Darkfire's shading.
    Inferorb- Ultimately needs a lot of work. Like Fireball, the shading is too linear. The eyes and mouth is adequate, but I would advise giving it more shape.
    Fireskull- Like Inferorb, this one needs lots of work. The "mouth" is in a position that doesn't look right. I would advise putting more effort into the top of the fire, you just copied and pasted, which shows a lack of effort. The position of the eyes are all wrong, and should be more parallel to the mouth. The name is also very unoriginal.
    Crushfish- Honestly, I can't say that effort was put into this. I would advise putting some time into the body shape, rather than putting 6 seconds into it by using the circle tool. The eyes, which I believe are from an existing Pokemon sprite anyways, are not in the right position. I would move the left eye much more to the left, to make it more realistic. The mouth is just stolen from a Gyarados sprite, and is in the wrong position. This is why you should create your own mouth (unless you're making a splice). Like most of the others, the name is unoriginal
    Devitomb- This, however, is a turn from your usual sprite. The form, color, shading, everything, is perfect. This one actually looks professional. The name is also fitting and original.
    Fireray- I'm disappointed, actually. You went back to just using the circle tool, and adding a random part. I have a feeling that the bottom "foot" is from another Pokemon, I feel like I've seen it before. However, the shading is top-notch and accurate, which shows a huge sign of improvement from Inferorb/Fireskull.
    Darkfly- This is basically the same as Fireray, accept you just changed the face and added wings. However, the shading is pretty good, and you seem to have gotten the hang of that. Also has an unoriginal name.
    Dragondark- This one is pretty good, but the dark hole for a mouth should have some shading or a separate outline. Once again, the name is really unoriginal. I'm also pretty sure that the wings are from Skarmory.
    Leafsnake- The top is great, I must compliment that (but I do feel as if I've seen it before). However, the bottom is just a collection of copied circles, showing a lack of effort.
    Spiritiny- You must like Spiritomb quite a bit. Like Devitomb, this one is perfect with form, shading, concept, name, everything. Great job!
    Darkfire- This one has great shading and the arms are great too, but I would change the mouth, or at least remove the lit area near it. I would also make two new legs, rather than copy-pasting Fireray's "leg." This brings up another problem, as the left leg should be less wide and/or have a different pose to show the angle. However, it has the same circle and name problem.

Your recent sprites show great improvement, but I would advise to keep working and use more custom shapes rather than just using the circle tool over and over again. Keep it up!

~Prof. W.

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
  • Deviltomb looks good. Sadly it's the only one I really like. Not to be harsh, but I think the others need some work on their eyes. They just don't fit. Don't worry though, practice makes perfect. :D

Awan2407

I should be more active
    Years
  • I like the gym leaders but instead of changing some of the colors on some of them try using sprites of other chars =P just a thought... plus like the fakemon =P

Thanks for like my fakemons and advise for the colour =P

These are alright, but need some work.

Fireball- Pretty good, actually, but the shading should be less linear, and more like that of Darkfire's shading.
    Inferorb- Ultimately needs a lot of work. Like Fireball, the shading is too linear. The eyes and mouth is adequate, but I would advise giving it more shape.
    Fireskull- Like Inferorb, this one needs lots of work. The "mouth" is in a position that doesn't look right. I would advise putting more effort into the top of the fire, you just copied and pasted, which shows a lack of effort. The position of the eyes are all wrong, and should be more parallel to the mouth. The name is also very unoriginal.
    Crushfish- Honestly, I can't say that effort was put into this. I would advise putting some time into the body shape, rather than putting 6 seconds into it by using the circle tool. The eyes, which I believe are from an existing Pokemon sprite anyways, are not in the right position. I would move the left eye much more to the left, to make it more realistic. The mouth is just stolen from a Gyarados sprite, and is in the wrong position. This is why you should create your own mouth (unless you're making a splice). Like most of the others, the name is unoriginal
    Devitomb- This, however, is a turn from your usual sprite. The form, color, shading, everything, is perfect. This one actually looks professional. The name is also fitting and original.
    Fireray- I'm disappointed, actually. You went back to just using the circle tool, and adding a random part. I have a feeling that the bottom "foot" is from another Pokemon, I feel like I've seen it before. However, the shading is top-notch and accurate, which shows a huge sign of improvement from Inferorb/Fireskull.
    Darkfly- This is basically the same as Fireray, accept you just changed the face and added wings. However, the shading is pretty good, and you seem to have gotten the hang of that. Also has an unoriginal name.
    Dragondark- This one is pretty good, but the dark hole for a mouth should have some shading or a separate outline. Once again, the name is really unoriginal. I'm also pretty sure that the wings are from Skarmory.
    Leafsnake- The top is great, I must compliment that (but I do feel as if I've seen it before). However, the bottom is just a collection of copied circles, showing a lack of effort.
    Spiritiny- You must like Spiritomb quite a bit. Like Devitomb, this one is perfect with form, shading, concept, name, everything. Great job!
    Darkfire- This one has great shading and the arms are great too, but I would change the mouth, or at least remove the lit area near it. I would also make two new legs, rather than copy-pasting Fireray's "leg." This brings up another problem, as the left leg should be less wide and/or have a different pose to show the angle. However, it has the same circle and name problem.

Your recent sprites show great improvement, but I would advise to keep working and use more custom shapes rather than just using the circle tool over and over again. Keep it up!

~Prof. W.

Thanks Prof.W
    P.s. I like your fakemons too ;D

Deviltomb looks good. Sadly it's the only one I really like. Not to be harsh, but I think the others need some work on their eyes. They just don't fit. Don't worry though, practice makes perfect. :D

yeah ;D

To all:
    Thanks for the good comments and advise
    I will make an update soon.;D

~Awanshazwan/Awan2407

SorakuFett

I use myself in Battle..
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2010
    Devitomb

I really like that Devitomb one... Nice Evo of Spiritomb..

Awan2407

I should be more active
    Years
  • They're"round" based to much.

You "can't" see the "un-round" fakemon?

Hey sorry for the long update

Here's 2 fakemon,

Mirrotal.png

Mirrotal

and

Aqualect.png

Aqualect

Reason why i'm take too long for the update:

Because I'm making a pokedex and making scratch videos.
    So I almost forgot my thread. XP

Last edited:

Awan2407

I should be more active
    Years
    Years
  • Gah. I really am not a fan of the gradient-like shading. Shadows usually don't fall in perfect diagonal lines. They curve. All of the sprites seemed to have been made using basic shape tools in paint and don't look anything like pokémon. They look more like robots. They aren't natural in shape and just look... horrible. Sorry to burst your bubble, but they're not great. Whatsoever.

I'm going to make this claim with no evidence to back it up, but I don't believe for a second that Devitomb and Spiritiny are yours. Mainly because they are the only good sprites, and all the others suggest that you lack skill. I'd remove them if they aren't yours, because if you've stolen them I will expose you.

Awan2407

I should be more active
    Years
  • Gah. I really am not a fan of the gradient-like shading. Shadows usually don't fall in perfect diagonal lines. They curve. All of the sprites seemed to have been made using basic shape tools in paint and don't look anything like pokémon. They look more like robots. They aren't natural in shape and just look... horrible. Sorry to burst your bubble, but they're not great. Whatsoever.

I'm going to make this claim with no evidence to back it up, but I don't believe for a second that Devitomb and Spiritiny are yours. Mainly because they are the only good sprites, and all the others suggest that you lack skill. I'd remove them if they aren't yours, because if you've stolen them I will expose you.

I'm not using basic shape tools. >.>
    It's up to me not all.
    darkriser and sparknight are the ones who created devitomb and spiritiny and i get permission from them.
    Understand?

Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'm not using basic shape tools. >.>
    It's up to me not all.
    darkriser and sparknight are the ones who created devitomb and spiritiny and i get permission from them.
    Understand?

You may have permission to use it but you don't have permission to pass it off as your own -.-"

It's not your fakemon, even if it's in your Pokédex it should not be in your thread.

Back