• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first ever Sugimori attempt. Pochama!

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    -deleted lul >D- fillerfiller

Last edited:

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    This doesn't belong here - it belongs in the main Art Gallery, so I'll just move it along for you ;) Please read the forum descriptions carefully before posting.

Thanks for using my tutorial :) The shading you've done on the head especially is really good and looks very Sugimori-like! As for crit, there's some colouring outside the lines (use the eraser tool to clean this up) And I think the proportions are a bit off - Pokémon often have unusually-sized heads in relation to their body, especially first-stage Pokémon.

Keep it up though!

*moves*

--FG

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
    Years
    I dont normally post here but, that Piplup looks pretty good! I wouldnt call it a 5 star drawing, but like Forest Grovyle said, it has exeptional shading.

Back