• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first fake pokemon!

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    My fake Pokedex:

Pokemon:
    #1: Seedrim
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Hello by the way I did not see any picture in the website, any help?

EDIT : Well I found it and I think that you are right. The sprite is not that bad but try harder :)

Last edited:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Since it's crying and it's partially a Dark type you could give it Fake Tears. You could also give it standard Grass type moves like Leech Seed and Absorb to pair with Fake Tears.

As for it's sprite, well it's a good effort. You could color around the outlines though, and make the shading more spherical. If it's a sphere, the shadows should wrap around it as opposed to being so straight edged. You could also put a sprout on top to signify it's a seed.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Thanks for the advice! yeah, I'm not really good at graphic design. It learns fake tears at level 9. It's evolution will have a sprout.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey! I edited your first post to include your sprite since you have to post your actual work here and not just link to it. I hope you don't mind!

Either way it's a cute sprite! A little basic, kinda simple, but not bad or anything. I'll second mew_nani here. I'd round out the shading a little bit, make it fit the shape of the Pokemon. That'll make it more organic feeling. :) Also you've got some jagged pixels on the right, just above the "end". Smoothing that out will help too.

Back