• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] My first fanart

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2016
    Hi!
    This was my first attempt to draw using a tablet! A lot of difference between paper & pencil and a tablet.
    I'm learning about shadows and colors.
    I hope you enjoy!
    Thx!

Attachments

• My first fanart
      Cubone.jpg
      144.1 KB · Views: 14
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Aw, that is very, very cute! Seeing as this is your first time using a tablet, I'm very surprised by how clean it is! Certainly much better than my first attempt at digital art, haha. You are right, there are a lot of big differences between traditional art and digital art, but if this is your first entry into the latter, it is clear that you are going to do very well.

What kind of illustration software are you using to draw with? There are settings that will allow you to draw smoother, more fluid lines while you learn how to steady the stylus. Also don't forget to work in layers! It's very important to create multiple layers when you're drawing / coloring in digital art so it's easy to grasp what you're working with. Next time, apply the color on a separate layer - I promise it will help. :)

Best of luck to you!

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2016
    They're so cute! I hope you continue down this line of artwork/fanart since it is a delight to see.

Back