• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first OU team...3rd gen...

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
Years
  • On, I have to say, that is a crewed up Milotic Moveset. Surf-Toxic-Sleep Talk-Rest. Sleep Talk randomly picks one move out of the rest, so it could repetitively use Toxic while asleep. Toxic is also unreliable. I would go classic set, with Hypnosis, Ice Beam, Surf, Recover. Just as effective.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Anti,Ima take this to 4th gen for a sec

Now, Kazaam, he worked for me cause I gave him Taunt. Once a Baton Passer comes, or a switch is predicted,I can wreck a team. Criticize this, please:

Gyarados-???
    Nature:Adamant
    Taunt
    Earthquake
    Waterfall/Ice Fang
    Dragon Dance
    EV:252 ATK, 252 SPEED, 6 DEF

I don't know what he should hold. I also don't know what he should have: Waterfall or Ice Fang. With STAB, Waterfall has a base power of 120. Strong after DD. But with Ice Fang, 65 power is a setback. With more coverage, especially against Dragons. Nice after DD. Can you assist.

I am truley sorry for doing this on your thread, Anti. But not much of a point to start a new thread for this. Sorry.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • It's cool, I know you aren't trying to spam my thread, so that's cool. The ice fang/Waterfall thing sure is a dilemma. Depends on your team I guess. I'd go ice fang for coverage, but barely. Tough question.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Anti,Ima take this to 4th gen for a sec

Now, Kazaam, he worked for me cause I gave him Taunt. Once a Baton Passer comes, or a switch is predicted,I can wreck a team. Criticize this, please:

Gyarados-???
    Nature:Adamant
    Taunt
    Earthquake
    Waterfall/Ice Fang
    Dragon Dance
    EV:252 ATK, 252 SPEED, 6 DEF

I don't know what he should hold. I also don't know what he should have: Waterfall or Ice Fang. With STAB, Waterfall has a base power of 120. Strong after DD. But with Ice Fang, 65 power is a setback. With more coverage, especially against Dragons. Nice after DD. Can you assist.

I am truley sorry for doing this on your thread, Anti. But not much of a point to start a new thread for this. Sorry.

I would keep waterfall, a STAB waterfall with a DDance kills salamence and Garchomp as much as Icefang so I say Waterfall all the way.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • The way i see it, you wold probably only be using ice fang on those two(or dragonite but that one's rare)so waterfall would cover more and with more power as well.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I agree with Kazaam, I'd take Waterfall, not sure how much it'll do to on Salamence but because Garchomp's part ground it'll do a fair number none the less. Waterfall probabley covers more too, if just not the ever common dragons.

Squarewalker

Have a nice day.
    Years
  • Metagross @ Leftovers
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Sleep Talk
    - Rest
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake

use this metagross set or otherwise special attacking Gengars with Hypnosis beat this team easily, this will take statuses really well too

Alakazam@Lum Berry
    Timid Nature
    EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 6 HP
    -Calm Mind
    -Psychic
    -Thunderpunch
    -Ice Punch

I'd put a special wall over this because Zapdos and other electrics will hurt you a lot with no electric resist, if you don't want Blissey, then Snorlax/Regice will do fine here.

Milotic@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    EVs: 252 HP, 200 Defense, 58 Special Attack
    -Mirror Coat
    -Recover
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam

use the set Shinespike posted for this

Forretress@Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 6 Attack
    -HP Bug
    -Rapid Spin
    -Explosion
    -Spikes

alright

Gyarados @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 84 Def / 68 Spd / 48 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Flying]
    - Taunt

use a bulky ev spread like this to be able to switch into Heracross and other fighters better

Unsure on last spot. I feel so criminal...BTW this team I came up with in ten minutes, so it isn't perfect.
    Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 68 Spd / 188 SAtk
    Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
    - Crunch
    - Focus Punch
    - Substitute
    - Thunderbolt

put this in last slot and then you'll have a solid OU team: covers Skarmbliss and if a Gengar would carry Fire Punch in which case that Resttalk Metagross set I posted wouldn't be able to counter Gengar because it gets 2hko'd, then chances are, that Gengar isn't carrying Focus Punch in which case this TTar can be switched in safely; 68 spd evs to Sub before no spd ev'd Weezings use Will-O-Wisp

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

bossman34

Citizen of Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2018
    snorlax is a great special wall imo.

Snorlax @ Chesto Berry
    Careful
    252 Hp/252 SDef/4 Atk
    -Curse
    -Rest
    -Shadow Ball
    -Return/Body Slam

switch in. curse a few times. rest. then sweep.

Shinespike

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2012
    Oh, no. Not blissey. I'm mad I gave into OUs but I REFUSE to use the puffball of evil. There are other special walls, why not use snorlax?

I never said anything about Blissey.

I heard CM was better...but I must've heard wrong. Fire punch over CM. Anything else?

I changed my mind. If you must use Zam use:

Alakazam (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
    - Fire Punch
    - Encore

On, I have to say, that is a crewed up Milotic Moveset. Surf-Toxic-Sleep Talk-Rest. Sleep Talk randomly picks one move out of the rest, so it could repetitively use Toxic while asleep. Toxic is also unreliable. I would go classic set, with Hypnosis, Ice Beam, Surf, Recover. Just as effective.

You don't get the point do you. The point is to Rest when low on HP to regain all of Milo's HP while abusing Marvel Scale.

bossman34 said:
    snorlax is a great special wall imo.

Snorlax @ Chesto Berry
    Careful
    252 Hp/252 SDef/4 Atk
    -Curse
    -Rest
    -Shadow Ball
    -Return/Body Slam

switch in. curse a few times. rest. then sweep.

Chesto Rest isn't that good.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I changed my mind. If you must use Zam use:

Alakazam (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Synchronize
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Psychic
    - Fire Punch
    - Encore
    Hidden Power [WATER] is also an option over Fire Punch unless you want Houndoom (though I don't know how common it is these days) to come in and laugh at you. HP Water has also saved me from a couple of weakened Tyranitars so it's worth a mention.
    On, I have to say, that is a crewed up Milotic Moveset. Surf-Toxic-Sleep Talk-Rest. Sleep Talk randomly picks one move out of the rest, so it could repetitively use Toxic while asleep. Toxic is also unreliable. I would go classic set, with Hypnosis, Ice Beam, Surf, Recover. Just as effective.
    Lol. In Advance Life Orb and more powerful physical moves haven't ruined StalkMilo's walling capabilities so STalker > Hypnosis Milo.

Shinespike

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2012
    Hidden Power [WATER] is also an option over Fire Punch unless you want Houndoom (though I don't know how common it is these days) to come in and laugh at you. HP Water has also saved me from a couple of weakened Tyranitars so it's worth a mention.

Houndoom isn't popular at all really. I'll kill counters before trying to sweep with Zam anyway.

Since someone replied to the thread already I'll reply to this in a new post.

Anti-Pop Culture Warrior said:
    Okay, thanks guys. I'll use Itachi's EVs with DD, taunt, HP Flying/Return, and EQ. Okay, again, thanks.

Don't do that. Go with the EVs Squarewalker or myself posted.

Use HP [Flying]. If you have access to a perfect HP [Flying] on Gyarados use it.

Back