• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first pokemon drawing

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Sorry friend, but A&D rules dictate that you must have a minimum of four pieces in your gallery. I'll give you some time to gather more pieces to post here but if not I'm going to have to close this thread. On another note though, the dog in your picture is really cute! It reminds me of a Border Collie I know. :)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    No problem! Glad you got enough art up.

And don't worry about how the Gengar looks. You actually got the highlighting on the body and ears down correctly and rather well. The only real problem with it is the proportions, but that's something you can learn through practice. I'd like to see you draw another Gengar sometime soon!

Question, are the Pokemon you drew part of your team? Or are they just favorites?

Years
  • Thanks Strawberry, Yes its the proportion on Gengar thats really let me down shoul be egg shaped rather than ball shaped.

Their not really favorites as such (apart from Fennekin and Ralts) just ones I thought might be easier to draw to get started (and one from each Generation). I do however have a Delphox in my ingame X team and one Gardevoir on my in game X team an another one on my X Competitive team. I also have a Typhlosion in my White team. I would also like to have a team with Whimsicott in at one stage.

Just another picture I couldn't add before as you can attach five and I didn't want to double post.

braixen

the supreme meme
    Years
  • these are great for being your first pokemon drawings! i really love the ralts and the quilava ones the best, mainly because the shading looks really cool on both of these. also love the amaura mainly because i'm partial to that pokemon LOL.

you just gotta keep practicing! you'll start to get the flow of things and like strawberry mentioned your proportions will get better as long as ya keep goin' at it.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    You know, your drawing of Amaura kinda brings me to something here. Work on blending a little more. Right now, Amaura's fins don't transition from yellow to pink smoothly, they're just sort of sitting next to each other. So next time try to blend out your colors a bit. It requires a soft touch to combine two colors without muddying them, but I think once you have a good grasp on that, you'll be able to apply that skill to things like shading, where you'll really be able to capture depth in your drawings.

That's all. Just a quick tidbit that I just noticed. Carry on. :)

Back