• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] My First Sprite and Overworld Sprite

Pikawott

Pikawott
Years
  • This is my first ever pixel art and overworld sprite of a fusion between Pikachu and Oshawott (which is combination of the both). Any concerns, tips,comments, and/or suggestions, please tell me. :D

Attachments

• Pikawott Sprite.PNG
      Pikawott Sprite.PNG
      6.3 KB · Views: 14
    • Pikawott_Overworld_Sprite.png
      Pikawott_Overworld_Sprite.png
      1.1 KB · Views: 10
    Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Hmm, the big sprite has been resized poorly. It's quite obvious to me too that it's been re-sized, and the consistency of the line art has therefore diminished. Ignoring the overall errors caused by the resizing (I'm going assume some of the shading was altered due to the resize as well), I think the overall design could use some improvement. The colors on Oshawott and Pikachu don't exactly mesh well together. Perhaps using only Oshawott's palette for the fusion & Pikachu's red cheeks would make this entire thing feel less conflicting. Yellow hands and yellow shell don't look good together. I can tell by your username and such that you're really trying to make this concept work, so do consider the palette conflicts and not resizing parts of it in random. If you re-scale, scale all of it evenly and retain the same outline lengths.

The Overworld sprite looks much better. I think there's too much shading going on in the limbs at the hands and feet. It appears very dark, I think keeping it more simple in those areas would help a lot. Even this small sprite still suffers somewhat from the outlines not being a consistent 1 px length, as it probably should be for such a small piece.

I'd try to help you by correcting some of this, but I really haven't the time or skill to do so :P

Pikawott

Pikawott
    Years
  • Sorry this took awhile, I had no time and one day I extra time. I would like to ask opinions, suggestions, and more importantly, if it is an improvement.

Attachments

• Pikawott Overworld Sprite 2.0. Resize.png
      Pikawott Overworld Sprite 2.0. Resize.png
      2.4 KB · Views: 2
    • Pikawott Sprite 2.0. Resized.png
      Pikawott Sprite 2.0. Resized.png
      44.5 KB · Views: 3
    Back