• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first sprite ever. ahaha please rate ;)

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    Well, that isn't really a sprite, but otherwise, it is nice. It should look good if you make a sprite of it! =)

Deathshot

Unregistered User
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2019
    My first sprite ever. ahaha please rate ;)

I messed up and saved it in paint instead of Photoshop. -_-

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    It doesn't matter if you save it in paint. You need to save it as a .png

Now, it is a bit hard to thoroughly crit this sprite with the jpeg distortions... but, from what i can tell, the edits you have made are lacking a bit in outlining and highlighting. The hair is a bit overly neon... although that may have been what you were going for. Nevertheless, you have conflicting light sources with the hair's source and the original lighting on the body...

because you need four examples to keep a thread valid, you may want to post more... other wise this thread may be shut down. But you're definitely on the right path! It's always a great way to start out by doing scratch work edits... they give you a base while you can exercise you own ideas. Keep trying to improve! Look at Chesu's tutorials, they are helpful! but really, the best way to get better is to just

Keep Spriting!

patani67

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2010
    I don't know I kind of like it. But then again, I can't make a sprite to save my life so I don't know how valuable my comment is. :P But I just want to say that you did a pretty good job in my opinion!

Back