• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My game suffers lag.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2015
    Hola.

Hi there!

I played my game in the different computers that I have, and only in the most modern it runs without lag, in the other two the lag is very very important, it makes the game almost unplayable. It is tru that I made some big maps (connected between them by the tool that it is installed inside the game/pokemon essentials, "map connections"), and some events: sings, people moving, events for the different door of the villages... Is there any posible solution to fix this lag? A lot of the characters are set in the mode "random moving", they just walk making the villages look more "real".

The lag specially appears when the main characters moves over the grass (where appear the pokemon).

So... that's it, I'd like to find a solution, it is pity that after all the hours that I spent making it, it can't be played correctly.

Also let me say that I devided the first map into two smaller one (connected again by this option "map connections"), I deleted some events... and nothing changed, the lag still there.

Thanks a lot in advance.

PD: Uso el RPG MAKER XP versión 1.02a en mi Windows 7 and Pokémon Essentials v15 2014-12-31 (with the 15.1 upgrade).

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2017
    I will try to give you my best guess, as I don't know too much about the inner workings of RPG Maker.

It is most likely the computer. As you said, there isn't any lag on the most modern computer. I would think this is because of the processor being more recent. On the older computers, RPG Maker doesn't run as smooth because of the older processor.

As I said before, this is just an assumption. I have experienced similar lag problems when trying to play my game on the school-provided computers which have significantly lower specs than my own computer.

Back