• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Gyarados VS Exeggutor

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2024
    I was really disappointed today and nearly threw my phone down after ending up with a Gyarados 1828cp with bite and twister after 6 months of hard work. Some people may blame me for this as I bet you all have ones with hydro pump. I do however have a 1897cp Exeggutor with confusion and solar beam. In a Pokemon Go book it has Exeggutor down as number 6 in the top 10 best overall where Gyarados is 8. So what do you think is best Gyarados or Exeggutor?

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    I didn't get a Gyarados with Hydro Pump until my TWELFTH one overall. The previous eleven Gyarados all had Twister or Dragon Pulse.

Anyway, Gyarados is a pure attacker. Exeggutor is one of the best Pokémon around, with good roles in both offense and defense. I would use Exeggutor ANY DAY over Gyarados. If I wanted a Water-type attacker, I wouldn't use anything besides Vaporeon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    My first Gyarados had Twister as well while the next two both had Bite and Dragon Pulse.
    I used them both when killing Dragonite.

On the other hand, my only Exeggutor has Seed Bomb as charge move. Have not found an exeggcute with Wonder IVs so I still have 200+ candies with me. Still waiting for that Solar Beam.

Years
    I got a gyarados...here it is! Spoiler alert for my next video though! Am I just lucky with hydro pump first time?

Attachments

• My Gyarados VS Exeggutor
      IMG_1520.PNG
      114.6 KB · Views: 5
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    There is so much luck involved, you have to be happy if you manage to get some pokemon that are really good.

When it comes to offensive movesets, i got a really good vaporeon, lapras, jolteon, gyarados, a good snorlax for which i have no candy, but the list of disappointments is much, much longer. My pokedex is nearly complete, so you can say i have everything else with poor offensive movesets. What hurts most is when you evolve something with near-perfect IVs, like a 15 15 14 Bulbasaur, and get a Venasaur with a crap moveset.

After having caught 6900 pokemon, i only have two that are perfect, with 100% IV and a good moveset, but these two are kingler and scyther.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    Exeggutor is way better! I've got a 100% Exeggutor with Confusion / Solar Beam. It is a beast! CP 2646! Mows down Vaporeons like grass.

Back