• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My HG team sucks. Any help please?!

Rapidash

Firefly Class.
    Years
    Heh, I missed all of this on here. Don't worry, I know a lot about movepools and I know the weakness/strength chart by heart. I've been playing constantly since R/B came out :)

New dilema -

Team is now -

Ampharos (Think I may take FerretFox's suggestion about the Tangrowth, that actually never crossed my mind. I've never used a Tangela before)
    Dragonite
    Dewgong
    Rapidash
    Umbreon

To fill my last spot do you think a Tyranitar (sp??) or a Snorlax would be better.... Both can take a hit, Snorlax more so IMO. I'm leaning towards Tyranitar, but that's because I usually tend to overlook Normal type pokemon, even though I know they have their merits.

So if Ampharos was replaced with Tangrowth, and the other lot were kept, what do you think would be the best last slot?

.... my team is a mess.....

FerretFox41

OOH... SHINY...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    I'd, personally, go with Snorlax. Tyranitar is a good Pokemon, but Sandstorm doesn't really do anything for your team, and the fact that Tyranitar calls in permanent sandstorm will wear down your team after a while. Snorlax can also either carry an immunity to being poisoned or a resistance to Fire and Ice type attacks through his abilities, which is kind of a plus from other Normal types.

Tyranitar, though, carries ginormous attack and some pretty good Special Defense, considering Sandstorm gives Rock-types a 50% Special Defense boost, making his the equivalent of base 150 SpDef, higher than Blissey. Tyranitar has a higher stat in everything except HP, although the Sandstorm will still wear down your team, which is a minus in my book.

It all comes down to personal preference, to be honest. Snorlax is easy to find and starts at a high level, while Tyranitar is a bit better statistically and is insanely hard to train.

jjnerdful

Never post
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    You already have a pokemon that can take hits. Umbreon. Add on to that that Dewgong, Umbreon, and T-tar/Snorlax are all weak to fighting, you might be in major trouble if some strong, fast fighting type shows up out of nowhere.

Hell, if you really want a stalling pokemon, go for shuckle. :p

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Ampharos - Catch that pesky Raikou. And use him instead.
    Dragonite - If its evolved from the Extreme Speed dratini then keep. If not go and get the ES dratini and train it up for swap. Not much diffrence but ES is a great move that it can't normally learn.
    Dewgong - Keep.
    Rapidash - Drop for Ho-oh. But only if it still has Sacred Fire.
    Umbreon - Keep but i would recommend swapping for either Snorlax or Tyranitar. As above said shuckle can be a better stall pokemon, but it has literially no speed and atk.
    open - Put Tangrowth here.

Changes in quote

25char

Back