• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] My idea for a Regional Yamask

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2024
    I have seen tons of ideas for regional variants of Yamask and I am probably not the first to come up with this idea, but I really like it and wanted to share it. I do have some sketches, but I'd want to clean them up first before showing them.

This regional variant of Yamask is Ghost/Normal and themed around musical instruments, the pokemon forming from the spirits of dead musicians who attaches to their favorite instrument while they were alive. They use the instrument as shelter during the day and keep it in tiptop condition, engaging in musical contests at night in order to determine who the best musician is. They are generally a lot more jovial and cheerful than regular Yamask, happy to continue doing what they love even after loosing their humanity and even seem willing to teach those who seek them out to learn how to play.

Regional Yamask has an ability called Musician that raises the power of all sound-based moves (perhaps raises the accuracy as well?) and carries different instruments depending on which stat their nature favores:

HP: Piano
    Attack: Guitar
    Defense: Drum
    Special Attack: Trumpet
    Special Defense: Saxophone
    Speed: Violin
    Neutral: Microphone

It evolves into Orchestrigus, who inhabit a larger/more introcate (aka 'evolved' in terms of appearance) version of what Yamask was carrying before:

HP: Grand Piano
    Attack: Base-guitar
    Defense: Bass-drum (with some cymbals and kettles)
    Special Attack: Trombone
    Special Defense: Tuba
    Speed: Cello
    Neutral: Larger Microphone with Stand (not sure about this one, might rework later)

Orchestrigus are much more picky over who they accept as their pupils, but they are also known far and wide as some of the most skilled musicians in both this world and the next. It is important to never fall asleep while listening to their music, for you might wake up in an unfamiliar place.

Days
    • Seen Jun 2, 2023
    I'm working on some strong counter-damegs when hitting at high speed. Is that possible?

Back