• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Ideas for a new Pokemon game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2012
    These are my Ideas.

Players can join one of the teams, such as Team Rocket/Team Plasma...any team. This might give even more replay value to the game.

Players can start in ANY of the
    Pokemon continents, in the starter town of that continent.

Like in Pokemon Soulsilver/Pokemon Heartgold, pokemon can come out of their pokeballs and follow you.

Allow more interaction with the Pokemon. Intergrate a feeding system, set up night and daytimes, and energy levels, so that players can eat to replenish their energy. They wouldn't have to, It could just be like giving them proteins and such, making them like you more.

Allow more feelings to develop between the pokemon and the players. Make the personalites there are at least count for SOMETHING. (Personalities being like jolly, sassy...etc.)

A updated battle system. I really don't have a specific plan here, but maybe in battles, pokemon could run around, and jump and dodge. Also, allow different pokemon to do different things, like letting flying pokemon fly, or water pokemon swim, etc.

Change the HM's into items. An idea would be the Strength Ring, which grants Strength. Many, many players dislike HM's. Making them items that didnt actually add a move to the four move set would make plenty of dedicated players even happier to play.

An increase of graphics. This is an important one. The graphics in pokemon suck, sorry to say it. Think using the graphics of Pokemon Coliseum XD. I think those were a good balance between realism and cartoon. Those were pretty good. Make the humans actually seem like real people, instead of square like little midgets on the screen. And don't change the graphics in battle, keep them the same. I'd buy a whole new game if the graphics were as good as I'm suggesting.

Come on, make the flamethrower attack actually look like fire! Make leaf blade look like a leaf blade!

Sure, each pokemon would need a tons of work to actually get the graphics to this level, but it's already a quarter of the way done in Pokemon Coliseum...just add the new pokemon, and animate the graphics for running, jumping, and different attacks being used in different ways. If part of it is already done, then they should be able finish the rest. If different pokemon attacked with tackle in different ways, that'd be pretty cool.

9. More to be added.

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • 1) possible

2) unpracticle, you would need to map out every single region That would take 6months to a year per region, depending on your team size. But thats not the hard part, balance out every single event, encounter, and dailouge because you could start in any city of any region.

3)possible/done
    4)possible

5) It would require lots of coding to make a brawl style battle system. Especially if you're adding 500 pokemon. even programming in 50 would take ages. It's possible... but you would need a nintendo budget to do effectively.

6)possible/done

7)making next gen graphics for every single pokemon and attack will be extremely time consuming. Plus it would require professional modelers, which would cost lots of money.

To actually do 2,5 and 7(especailly the latter 2) you would need a full professional team of game developers. And a budget larger than any pokemon game so far.

Last edited:

Artemus D'Moniz

Team Magma Leader
    Years
  • Actually, I like the ideas especially the freedom to choose your team and region. I think that if this could be published and mabye edited a little, this could become the pokémon franchise's greatest and most successful game yet. ;)

darr123

Expert trainer
    Years
  • No I honestly making the graphics more realistic is stupid, it's a game
    not real life. There made so you can get away fro real life for a few hours.
    So no this is a bad idea and would require years of work doing it on your own.
    Just do a normal Pokémon game.

P.S. the graphics in Cod suck compared to other games.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Anyone who has any knowledge of game development can tell you that all of these ideas would be pretty unfeasible with the small teams making fan games - it would take resources that only a big-name studio could muster, and Nintendo and Game Freak would likely not shell out that much money for a primarily handheld-based series.

As well, disable Word Wrap before Copy/Pasting something from Notepad.

Renii

Se(Renii)ty
    Years
  • 1. I think people have tried to do this in the past.

2. What's wrong with playing a different game for a different region? What you want is to start out in a region of your choice, which basically means that everybody who chooses a different region is playing a different game?

3. I'm pretty sure this has already been done.

4. Ever played Digimon World 1? They had a feeding system, potty system. Idk what all, it was just plain annoying.

5. Well Pokemon could turn into an action / adventure / FPS type of game and allow such a battle system, but that wouldn't be like Pokemon at all. The classic 4 move battle system allows for more strategies to develop and offers an interesting play style.

6. I do agree with this idea, HMs should not take move places and possibly not be usable in battle. Nonetheless, I don't really think there is anything wrong with HMs as such.

7. And who will do that? Honestly, doing it for a few Pokemon and moves is still feasible, but it's just not possible for a hobby developer. I guess, people will end up ripping stuff off games like Pokmon Stadium.

8. This one is so vague.

EDIT: Yuoaman: I'm pretty sure wordwrap does not introduce line breaks (CRLF). It just makes it easier to read whatever is written -_-

Rossay

Quack quack
    Years
  • I think too many beginners in Game Dev have unrealistic expectations of what you can achieve in a Pokemon fan-game. A lot of the ideas on your list would require a full game design studio to achieve, nevermind a small group of fan-game designers.

I think one of the most fatal decisions any aspiring game designer can make is to try and have multiple regions in a single game (some games are capable of doing 2 regions, but I would leave that to veteran design teams). It simply increases the work-load exponentially and the chance of you actually finishing the game drops significantly. You'll also find that a lot of veteran game developers might not take your project as seriously, because they understand how unachieveable such a goal is.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2012
    No, you misunderstand me people.
    These are my Ideas for the next True pokemon game.
    I'd like to send these ideas into Game Freak.

And I edited some of the ideas after listening to the comments.

Last edited:

darr123

Expert trainer
    Years
  • There still bad ideas, Pokemon's graphics would look terrible more realistic.
    They only thing I'd really want is going to old regions.

Rossay

Quack quack
    Years
  • No, you misunderstand me people.
    These are my Ideas for the next True pokemon game.
    I'd like to send these ideas into Game Freak.

And I edited some of the ideas after listening to the comments.

Then this has nothing to do with Game Development. This area is for discussion fan game projects, not official Pokemon games...

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2012
    Oh, well, I just joined yesterday, so could you point me in the right direction?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back