• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen my latios problem...

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    hi guys

heres all the rumors i've heard for SEEING latios (so u can log it in ur pokedext so u know where it is)

fly to a base city (e.g lilycove) and head out to route 121. look arround for arround 10 random battles then FLY back to lillycove and start over

another one is to work your way from lillycove allll the way back to littleroot town on foot.

i keep doing this and i;ve been from lillycove to little root arround 10 times. and i've used the first trik alot to.

(yes i have seen the tv show about the myistirious pkmon :P)

advice would be much apriciated!!!!

thx alot, Ruley

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Not to be rude, but that is an extremely inefficient way to do it.

All you have to do is Fly to Mossdeep and then Surf north to Route 124. There is an island with a house there (Shard Collector dude). You lead with a Lv40 Poke, use Max Repel, Surf up and down the coast of the island and then enter the house. When you exit the house, Lati@s will have changed routes, while you have not. Continue the process until Lati@s shows up and then chuck the Master Ball.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    ok thx, i'll try that now. thx

EDIT: found him, he ran off but i can use pokedex to trak him now, thz v much m8 :P

Last edited:

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    All you have to do is use a super repel and get the Acro Bicke and hop in the same place overnight. Wake up and you'll be in a battle with Latios/ Latias. Not that hard.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Overnight??? That is even more inefficient than the original suggestion! Seriously, use my method. You will have your Lati@s within a half hour, just like the original poster did.

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    All I did was i watched the program about latios and flew to slateport and walked under cyle road and as you got to the end of the route he shows up.

nickwarr_182

The Bringer Of Destruction
    Years
    I'd probably use Scythers way... Mainly because I'm to lazy to go looking for it.

Last time I caught Latios i just saw him by chance, and use SPA ad SPD moves, then threw a couple timer balls at him.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    Latios would always show up it in Route 117. So I would just run back and forth between the route and Mauville City until Latios showed up x3; It took a while but I did end up getting Latios without much frustration :3

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    it always showned up near, Mossdepp City and the routes futher down for me, and I've always caught it.

All you have to do is use a super repel and get the Acro Bicke and hop in the same place overnight. Wake up and you'll be in a battle with Latios/ Latias. Not that hard.

I like this way its the easiest way to do it, that is good

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

PiplupRocks

Electric Trainer
    Years
    I think the best way to capture him is teach a pokemon you have mean look use it on latios and he can't escape, it's the best way and it worked for me on raikou, entei and sucune so it would be good to do that

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010

That didnt work for me, but I was lucky and randomly ran into Latias no long after

Lapras1016

Water Poképhilic PKMN Master
    Years
    Well, there's this rather tiring but really easy method to do it. It really worked for me! Go to the house in Route 119 where the woman with 6 Wingull lives in. Keep going in and out and Latios' position should change, while yours doesn't. You'll encounter it in the really tall grass soon :P

Oh yeah, it's better if you bring a Level 30+ Pokemon and any Repel item, so that you don't have to run into those pesky Zigzagoon/Linoone. Oh, and in Emerald, if you have a Pokemon with the abilities Intimidate or Keen Eye, lower-level wild Pokemon (that's as compared to the user) will be less common.

Latios' level-up moves may suck, but it has a large movepool and is an EXCELLENT Special Sweeper for the Battle Tower/Frontier:

Latios @Soul Dew (I know it's hard to get... Even I don't have it :P)
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Timid/Bold/Modest/Calm
    Recover
    Choose three of the five:
    Psychic
    Dragon Claw
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Calm Mind
    Effort Values: 252 Special Attack, 6 Special Defense, 252 Speed

I personally don't like the Psychic/Ice Beam/Dragon Claw/Thunderbolt or Calm Mind set, seeing as lack of Recover can destroy you instantly. For me, I like to use Recover, so it's gonna be hard to squeeze three out of five moves.

Dragon Claw and Psychic make a nice combo since both are given STAB. Bolt-beam is one of the best Special Attacks combos since it'll hit anything at least normal effectively save Magnemite/ton and Chinchou/Lanturn (this is as of RSE). Calm Mind, if you want, raises Latios' already legendary Special stats further.

That's all I have to offer for Latios. ;)

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    if i were you id just have a pokemon with mean look and hypnosis.
    (haunter or other similar pokemon)_haunter isnt available in this version i think.
    then id use a pokemon in my team with the sweet scent to encounter the pokemon and id also equip my haunter (or any other pokemon )
    with quick claw (go to the school and get one from the teacher)
    to increase it's speed .

and the last thing would be i d chuck lots of balls on it..

and also ur first move must be mean look

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    if i were you id just have a pokemon with mean look and hypnosis.
    (haunter or other similar pokemon)_haunter isnt available in this version i think.
    then id use a pokemon in my team with the sweet scent to encounter the pokemon and id also equip my haunter (or any other pokemon )
    with quick claw (go to the school and get one from the teacher)
    to increase it's speed .

and the last thing would be i d chuck lots of balls on it..

and also ur first move must be mean look

Ledah_18(O_o)

Pokemon Rules (^.^)
    Years
    my way to catch and find Lati@s

hi guys

heres all the rumors i've heard for SEEING latios (so u can log it in ur pokedext so u know where it is)

fly to a base city (e.g lilycove) and head out to route 121. look arround for arround 10 random battles then FLY back to lillycove and start over

another one is to work your way from lillycove allll the way back to littleroot town on foot.

i keep doing this and i;ve been from lillycove to little root arround 10 times. and i've used the first trik alot to.

(yes i have seen the tv show about the myistirious pkmon :P)

advice would be much apriciated!!!!

thx alot, Ruley

i think the best way to get Lati@s is by saving your game on the

tall grass anywere is fine(i do that) next thing i to already

have a max repel used on you, next thing is to check your pokedex

for Lati@s and if is not there where you are at SOFT RESET your

game and check your game again if is not there again soft reset

your game untill you have it in the area that you are at, and if

you don't have seen Lati@s do the same thing but make sure this

time you have the acro bike so you can have an infinite repel for

lower level pokemons and sonner or later your Lati@s will come

out.;) does anyone didn't understand me?:\