• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic: Elements of Harmony and Discord[PG-10]

Years
    Scrumpy Jake cowers under the table, a voice echoing through his head. Nightmare Moon's voice, laughing and urging him to run, calling him a coward. FrostBreeze suddenly appears, poking her head under the table. "Snap out of it! Don't be a scardy pony!" Jake stops shaking, but doesn't come out. The table is lifted into the air, and FrostBreeze grabs his tail, hauling him away. "Your coming out whether you like it or not", she said, her voice muffled by his tail.

Jake lets her haul him back a few steps, her voice blocking Nightmare Moon's temporaraily. Another voice echoes in his head: his own. Get up, ye pasty foal! Ye gonna hide like a pretty wee filly while everyone else does somethin' useful? No! Tell the filly ta let go and go get somethin' done! Jake jumps to his hooves, fire in his eyes, turning to face FrostBreeze. "Let go, lass. I think it's passed." He looks at her, suddenly concerned. "What about you? Anger gone?"

DarkAngel91

Looking for a Fletchling for OR
    Years
    FrostBreeze let go of Jake's tail. She pondered his question. The anger was still there, but it was caged, controlled. She knew it wouldn't help to lie. "No. It's not gone. Mearly...controlled. I sadly am not strong enough to shake it off completely, especially not when I'm in pain", she said, indicating her twisted and injured right wing. "Perhaps later I can try and shake it off. Vent my rage, if you will. That snowstorm that happened? That was me venting my anger. I wasn't trying to frighten or hurt anypony. I thought that a snowstorm was a harmless outlet", she said, looking down. "Guess I was wrong", she said softly. "I'm glad to see that your back to your old self Jake. Maybe when all this is said and done, I think I'll stop by your farm", she said. She tried to fly, and managed to hover 10 feet off the ground before her wing gave out and she gave a squeal of surprise and pain. She huffed and sat on the ground, glaring at the floor. She got up and sighed, swishing her tail.

Last edited:

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
    "ENOUGH!" Nightmare Moon shouts. Three of the Elements of Discord lash out at their targets, one of them being Midnight Storm. As soon as the Element of Despair envelopes the black pegasus she feels an overwhelming despair. Despair was far from being a new thing to her, she had trained herself to ignore it, but now it seemed to increase ten-fold. Her wings drooped so low the tips were on the ground and she sat down. "What's the use," Midnight moaned. Her head hung low, her muzzle barely above the gound. Stuck in her own grief and despair, she didn't notice all the commotion around her until a pony ran into her, knocking her over. She jumped up, startled and her vain self rekindled. "Hey, watch where you're going!" she yelled at the pony. 'What was that? I've never felt so down in my entire life,' she wondered. The pegasus looked around. The celebration had turned into chaos. "No use sticking around here," she mumbled and flew over the crowd and out of the main hall.

Midnight Storm landed only when she reach her house. She gazed up at the moon with a sad look on her face. No longer would she wake to rising sun and the sound of birds in the morning. No longer could she show off her beauty in the sparkling sunlight. No longer would she feel the sun's warmth as she flew through the sky. All because that stupid Nightmare Moon had come back.

Years
    Nightmare Moon saw the results of her work, and she was pleased. It wad absolute discord in it's purest form. Sweet, delicious, beautiful discord. Nearly everypony was running around in circles, ether from fear or despair. The Elements of Discord drank their fill from the resulting chaos, growing stronger and stronger. All this, with only a small amount of what 3 Elements could do. The end result of all this could only be the designs of their mistress, which could only finish in disaster for Equestria.

As cries of protest, threats, and screams from crowds of fleeing ponies echoed through the scene, there was still one thing to be taken care of... Ah, yes. The matter of Nightmare Moon's filly admirer.
    "You are beautiful!" She exclaimed rearing up. "Why your horrid older sister locked you in the moon was absolutely INFURIATING!" The filly shot Princess Celestia a cold glance as the Princess grew wide-eyed. If a young filly could be swayed to Nightmare Moon... Who is to say there can't be more? The very thought of Nightmare Moon leading a rebellion to unleash all sorts of unpleasntness was terrifying.
    "Would you take me as one of your followers? I have been practicing my whole life waiting for your return!" That sealed the deal. The filly was training? Celestia feel into despair.
    "Why of course." Nightmare Moon replied in her usual malevolent voice. "It's nice to have somepony appreciate your works."

The Elements of Discord, having had their fill, returned to their place, hovering in front of Nightmare Moon. Oh, look. Some idiot pony decided to burn down the hall. Nightmare Moon scoffed at this. Oh, how she loved crowd mentality. This was the perfect cover for an escape. Nightmare Moon, along with Celestia and the filly, materialized into the black smoke, and left the burning hall, the ponies wildly crowding everypony out with sheer force of numbers.

As everypony was herded out, speculation began to come around the crowd. Nightmare Moon had just crashed and destroyed one of their biggest celebrations ever.
    "What happened? Why? How?" One of the colts asked. This is not something ordinary, he thought. Nightmare Moon will be haunting dreams for years to come after this. He wanted answers as to what just went on.

(OOC: Candace: You get Bonus Points because I just cam back from a World of Darkness Campaign.
    Seawaddle: Congratulations! You just burned down a building!
    mzmingle: Whoa wall of text. Can't tell which is which, so could you clean it up a bit please?)

Last edited:
    Years
    While ponies talked and comforted one another in the aftermath of the fire and sudden reappearance of the very Nightmare Moon of legend, Brushfire watched and listened and slowly in the back of her mind began formulating a plan.

"We'll need to rebuild," one pony said amid the others' hushed and worried voices.
    "What a terrible fright. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep for days."
    "Is the sun going to rise? I don't think it's going to rise."
    "Did you see that pony looking up to her? I couldn't believe my eyes."
    "How will we grow food without sunshine?"
    "What will happen to the princess?"

There were so many things that they needed to take care of and the most important thing was clearly stopping Nightmare Moon and returning the princess, but Brushfire felt at a loss for what to do next. Nightmare Moon had only appeared for a few moments and already everything had fallen to pieces. Plus she had disappeared without leaving a single trace behind. Where would they even start?

Ponies milled around the center of town. None seemed to want to go home or be alone. It was a clear sky and the stars sparkled as usual, but there was an ominous glow to them. Brushfire thought more on what happened and one thing began to stand out in her mind. Somepony had gone with Nightmare Moon. Somepony had known she was coming. That meant that somewhere there was information and maybe, just maybe, a clue as to where she had taken the Princess.

All they had to do was find it.

Years
    Scrumpy Jake watches the fire, his emotions all tangled. The strongest emotion is fear, but his own anger and concern are quickly overpowering it. While he has it under control, fear is constant in his mind, just under the surface. He heads over to where FrostBreeze sits, and stands beside her. "C'mon, FrostBreeze. Let's get you up, and get that wing looked at. You'll need ta be at full capacity if we're gonna do somethin' 'bout this." He offers her support, and looks around at the assembled town. "I'd like ta find the others that got hit by an Element. And then we'll need ta find some infermation on Nightmare Moon. Got any ideas on how?"

DarkAngel91

Years
    FrostBreeze looked at Jake, an idea striking her. "I know how to get information on Nightmare Moon. My house is full of old books and things that my grandparents left, there has to be a reference on Nightmare Moon somewhere in there.", she said. She got up and looked around. "Problem is, I have no idea where any doctors would be at this point. Nightmare Moon has a lot to answer for", she said. Everything was in chaos, the hall was destroyed, the sky was dark, no birds were singing. "She will pay dearly for this defilement. I will see to that", FrostBreeze said, a cold wind blowing for a few seconds. FrostBreeze loved flowers, and the flowers at the hall were burned. She concentrated and dumped 3 feet of snow on the fire, dousing it. "I want to see the sun again as much as anypony, even if I can't be in it for long.", she said sadly.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
    Midnight Storm paced back and forth in her room. She felt that she should be out there doing something to stop Nightmare Moon, but she didn't know how she was supposed to do that. She could ask somepony for help but she was to proud for that. 'I could wait for somepony to come to me... Yes, that's what I'll do. Somepony is sure to need a pony as superior as myself so they'll come soon enough,' she thought. She stood by a window and looked up at the moon. "I've always hated long nights," she muttered.

((OOC: Sorry for the short post. Wasn't sure what to do.))

Years
    The night dragged on. Neither Princess Celestia nor Nightmare Moon reappeared and without a sign of what would happen next many ponies left the smoldering remains of the town hall and went back to their homes to sleep, hopefully free from from bad dreams.

Brushfire wanted to sleep very much. It was night and that's the proper time for sleeping. She thought of the bed she hadn't slept in for weeks. With its thick covers and soft mattress it was the only place she wanted to be right now. But she knew if she went there she would never want to leave again, not in this waking nightmare they were all dreaming.

What we need is somepony who is very wise, Brushfire though. Somepony who would know what to do to bring the sun back. That would surely weaken Nightmare Moon and help save the Princess. It's a shame that we can't bring back the sun like we bring back the birds after winter. Or can we? Brushfire needed to ask a pegasus pony and there were still some around.

She hopped over to the blue pegasus, FrostBreeze, who was dousing the remains of the fire. She didn't know her all that well, but she seemed very capable. Surely she'd know how a pegasus could bring the sun back. She'd never really thought about it, but maybe they all learned how to do that when learning how to fly. It might even be second nature.

"Excuse me, FrostBreeze. I have a question. Do you think that maybe you or another pegasus could bring the sun back?"

DarkAngel91

Years
    FrostBreeze simply shook her head. "Alas, I can't. I'm the one who brings snow and winter. I do not know if anypony else can do that either. Sorry I couldn't be of more help", she said sadly. She wanted to help, but all she could do was create snowstorms. "What if we froze Nightmare Moon? I could certainly make a snowstorm that would be cold enough to do that.", she said.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
    ((OOC: La dee dah, sorry for taking a while!))

The flames were supposed to hit Nightmare Moon and scare her. What happened instead? The building caught fire. Chaos erupted amongst the ponies. Nightmare Moon escaped with Celestia. This is not what Slayer wanted. This was worse than he expected. Ponies pushed past him to get out, but Slayer didn't move. He wanted to be the last one there, so he could confirm that everypony got out alive. There was no way he'd let anything happen to the others when it was his fire that had caused the chaos. There was no way.

Minutes passed, and Slayer found that he was indeed the last pony in what used to be a building. He gave a sigh of relief, then looked at what remained. There was nothing but soot and ash, which he snorted at. She's a million times worse than any darn dragon, he thought. And how am I gonna explain this? Nopony seems to believe my stories except the little ones, and no pony believes them either. I just wanted to do something. Stupid queen or not, Celestia is much better than that evil Nightmare Moon. Slayer kicked the ash one last time and headed toward the town's exit. He always stayed outside the town in case a dragon came calling, so he wouldn't end up bringing it in and causing chaos far worse than what had just occurred.

To him, a ditch with a hole in it was his home. Something big had to have stayed there before, like a fox or an extremely large bunny. Regardless, this hole in the ditch was Slayer's home, and it didn't have much in it. Not like the stallion needed anything materialistic. He didn't have such back when he was a colt; why would he need it now? And as for food, Slayer could always go into town to get some, or at least hit the apple meadow and snag a few apples without the farmers finding out. Such was his life...

Years
    Shadowsnow turned to look as the elements of discord made their targets become a flurry of, well Discord and just pure madness! The filly let out a laugh as a pegasus started to make a snow storm in the building, hurting many other ponies in the process before calming down, letting a second pony heat up the room generating fire around the building. With a soft chuckle Shadowsnow shook her head watching the building go up in flames, not really expecting to be taking into Nightmaremoons dark mane in an escape.

"WHOA!!" She cried her tail flicking about in slight surprise, having ever teleported before.

"Bark! bark bark!" A noise erupted from her saddle bag as a fluffy gray head poked from the saddle bag growling slightly. "Why are we teleporting!?" It barked smacking the filly with it's paw.

"Hey! Sky stop it!" Shadowsnow hissed out pushing the kanine back into her saddle bag as the ground dissapeard beneath her hooves.

Years
    As Shadow Snow is lifted off the ground, Nightmare Moon laughs maniacally, enjoying the fact that one of her sister's beloved and dear to her subjects had defected over to her. Princess Celestia was absolutely heartbroken. She had treated the ponies with the utmost care. How could this happen? Shadow Snow and Celestia are spirited away into the air as the hall burned down from whatever pony thought was a good idea to light up a crowded building.

Nightmare Moon was pleased with the Elements of Discord. In fact, they didn't even need to do most of the work. She chuckled at the pony who burned down the building. Nightmare Moon was sure that the pony was trying to defeat her. However, she didn't fell a thing. How dare they attack an immortal pony! It was absolutely infuriating and just simply foolish.

Shadow Snow and Princess Celestia are eventually led to a castle in the Everfree Forest, dark place full of wild beasts and creatures. At first glace the castle appears to be dilapidated, however, clpser examination reveals that most of it is actually in good shape, the ruin being replaced by a shadow brick-like masonry, an excellent contrast against the ominous night sky, or so in the eyes of Nightmare Moon. It has risen to dominate the sky of Equestria, being visible form every corner of the land, including Ponyville.

As the two are lead inside, Nightmare Moon speaks in her malevolent tone "Welcome to the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters. I trust you will enjoy your stay, my dear sister." She says "dear sister" with a bit of anger in her tone. She turns to Shadow Snow. "A loyal follower. This is just absolutely marvelous. What is your name, pet? On second thought, it isn't important at the moment." Suddenly, the Elements of Discord emerge with a flash. "I hope you enjoyed the spectacle my creations work. With them, Equestria shall be plunged into eternal night!" As she drones on about her plots, Princess Celestia motions Shadow Snow over to her birdcage.

"My dear, why do you follow Nightmare Moon? Don't you know what you're getting yourself into?"She says in an almost despairing tone. The Element of Despair picks up on this, and an arua appears from Celestia as the Element drinks from her feelings.

Years
    Shadowsnow flattened her ears as the Sun Princess motioned for her to come over, well might aswell see what she wanted I guess..

"My dear, why do you follow Nightmare Moon? Don't you know what you're getting yourself into?" The alicorn asked dispair covering her voice.

"Oh.. Is that what you wanted to ask?" The filly raised an eye brow(Or eye ridge I don't know) to the Princess. "Well.. I just don't see why you would put your sister in the moon, she only wished for somepony to enjoy the beautiful night she brought.." Shadowsnow sounded quite saddened by these words. "No one that lives during the day can under stand that pain.." Shadowsnows eyes flashed with hatred. "You could of tried to help her!" The fillies voice grew progressivly louder. "The older sister is ment to CARE for the younger! Not lock her in the moon for one thousand years!!"

The young fillies horn started to glow as the filies hatred grew, smal objects being picked up and thrown at the cage before the fillie turned away from the Princess listening to Nightmaremoon as she paced slightly.

"Grrr.." The kanine jumped from the saddle bag sitting down watching the filly pace. "Shadow.." The voice was definitly male. "Shadow...!" With a slight huff the kanine opened his black and gray maw. "SHADOW!!"

The shout seemed to put the pony off balance, causing her to trip over her own two hooves landing infront of the kanine. The glare that came from Shadowsnow would normaly scare off anyone but not this pup.

"What do you want Sky? Can't you see I'm a 'tad' busy?" She replied sitting up with a growl.

"Oh please Shadow, you're not seriously listening to her rambles of darkness?" Came the questionable voice from the pup, continuing before the Unicorn could answer. "You have to seriously not let that sun head get to you.. She's just being all boohoo cause she dosn't have all of Equestria on her side.."

Shadowsnow nodded as she looked to Nightmaremoon, a smile on her face as she looked down at him.

"Yeah.. I guess so." With a giggle the fillie ruffled Sky's fur, looking back to the Princess.

Years
    "Oh.. Is that what you wanted to ask? Well.. I just don't see why you would put your sister in the moon, she only wished for somepony to enjoy the beautiful night she brought... No one that lives during the day can under stand that pain... You could of tried to help her! The older sister is meant to CARE for the younger! Not lock her in the moon for one thousand years!" The filly absolutely flashed with hatred as she threw various objects at Celestia's cage. Celestia breaks down into tears. How could this happen? Nightmare Moon was trying to plunge Equestria into total darkness! Celestia had tried to reason with her sister before, but it had proved futile. The filly follower wasn't what drove her to tears though. It was the fact that deep inside, Princess Luna was still in Nightmare Moon.

Nightmare Moon caught notice of Shadow Snow's act of rage. This was unexpected. The Filly appeared to be a perfect host for the Element of Wrath. Already things were looking up for Nightmare Moon. Suddenly, a pup emerged from the filly's saddlebag, apparently haven been there for however long Nightmare Moon had seen her. The pup appeared to be a companion to the Filly, which was excellent given the task Nightmare Moon was about to give her.

"Enough." Nightmare Moon said, breaking up the conversation the two were having. "I have a task for you, servant. I presume you saw the Pony that tried to attack me in Ponyville, yes?" She then gives a general description of Dragonslayer. "If so, I want you to find him and bring him to me. Nopony dares attack me and gets away with it. The Element of Wrath will help you in this" Nightmare Moon sends the Element of Wrath to Shadow Snow. A flash is seen, and then the filly is encased in a replica of Nightmare Moon's armor, with the Element of Wrath on the forehead area.

"The Element will allow you to communicate with me, and will also transport you back when you have captured my prey. Is all of this understood?"

Last edited:
    Years
    Shadowsnow let out a soft giggle as Nightmare moon interupted the small conversation she and Skyler were having. The dark purple pony turned to look at the Moon Princess with a smile, as Skylar huffed hating to be interupted but just jumped back into the saddle bag.

"I have a task for you, servant. I presume you saw the Pony that tried to attack me in Ponyville, yes?" The midnight alicorn asked the filly, gaining a nod. "If so, I want you to find him and bring him to me. No one dares attack me and gets away with it. The Element of Wrath will help you in this" Nightmare Moon sends the Element of Wrath to Shadow Snow. A flash is seen, and then the filly is encased in a replica of Nightmare Moon's armor, with the Element of Wrath on the forehead area.

"Whoa.." Exclaimed the filly as she looked at her armor in amazment, pure glee now writen all over her face. "Understood my Princess, May the moon be ever in your favor.." The filly bowed her head, turning to leave the room.

Atlast, I can finally proove my worth and show those day ponies the true meaning of 'Darkness'.. A low laugh came from the filly as she started into a gallop out of the castle and into the Everfree Forest. The pony let out a niegh in delight as her hooves making little noise against the dense forest floor. I will not fail you, Nightmare Moon!

Years
    ((Okay, this thread has slowed to a crawl. Where is everyone?))

Scrumpy Jake snorts, shaking his head. "Nay, lass. Fer all yer skill, not even you could freeze her. She'd find a way ta turn it back or just use those elements against ye. Little one!" He turns to Brushfire. "Come with us. We're goin' ta find out more about the Elements and Nightmare herself. Ye don't mind, do ya Breeze?" He glances at the two, allowing FrostBreeze to lead the way, seeing as it's her house they were headed to. "And when we're done, stop by my farm. I'll see if we can get that wing set right. I'm no doctor, but I know a bit aboot bindin'."

DarkAngel91

Years
    FrostBreeze simply swished her tail. She nodded and turned towards a forest road. "Come. It's not too far", she said. She started to walk, but her impatience got to her. She neighed and ran down the road as fast as she could, leaving small puffs of ice clouds and cold wind behind her. She was having fun running. She was one of the fastest ponies in Ponyville. She turned back and made the road coated in ice. She smiled and ice-skated back to Jake's side. "You should try this! It's fun!", she said happily, twirling once before skidding into a tree. "Oof. That one hurt", she said. She got up and shook herself off. "I'm not always boring and reclusive. I love ice-skating!", she said, smiling.

(OOC: I noticed that one too. Where is everyone?)

Years
    Jake takes a look at the ice, then back at FrostBreeze. "Ice skatin', huh?" He takes a few steps back, then charges at the ice, sliding forward. He slips, spinning uncontrollably until he reaches the end. He attempts to stand, his eyes spinning dizzily. "Haha! Toop that! Imagine if I wasn't dizzy!" He takes a single step, falling flat on his face.

((Hello? Anypony?))

Back