• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My name is Inigo Montoya

Years
    My name isn't really Inigo Montoya

Hi. I'm Cameron. That's not the name I've gone by most of my life, but it's what I prefer to go by here. I live in northern California where I grew up and went to school. I'm a college grad and I studied literature, history, and Japanese, which are some of the most interesting things to me even if I've put my Japanese learning on the back burner for a while. I still have a very keen interest in Japanese music (which is probably the nerdiest thing I nerd out over unashamedly). Actually, I still have a pretty high interest in Japan and Japanese things, like lolita fashion, food, trinket-y things, etc. I'm also big on reading (mostly fiction) and movies.

I came to PC because I saw that people made their own games here, but in particular I was attracted to people who made their own game graphics, sprites, and all that. I like doing creative stuff, but I was never too talented musically and I've never had much learnin' in how to make art with traditional materials so sprite art suits me fairly well. I also write a little when I can. It's all very sporadic.

I'm fairly political in an armchair kind of way - more talk than action – but that might be in part because where I am lots of people are pretty liberal like me so I don't have much need to change things here. Lesse, I'm a vegetarian, a Capricorn, and a bunch of other things that I can't think of at the moment.

Oh, also I want to keep a certain amount of distance between my online and real lives so I'll be keeping a few bits of information vague and/or private if it's all the same to you. I tend to do that normally anyway, but I'll try to be as honest as I can be here.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    I know that you are part of the LGBT community (like myself), so obviously those political ideologies are probably your top priority (if not, feel free to correct me!). So other than that, what would you say you feel the strongest about when it comes to politics?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Yay! You're wonderful Scarf, just gonna start off with that.

What got you into spriting?

Why is your username Scarf? Silly question, but idk. I think it suits you though, but then again, you've been Scarf forever it seems. You embody all scarves.

Years
    I know that you are part of the LGBT community (like myself), so obviously those political ideologies are probably your top priority (if not, feel free to correct me!). So other than that, what would you say you feel the strongest about when it comes to politics?
    Yeah, it's one of the (many) things that I care about and try to keep on top of. Other than that I feel pretty strongly about environmental issues like renewable energy, green buildings, and sustainability in general. I'm all about protecting nature and trying to have a nice and healthy world to live in years from now. The other is women's rights issues, which overlaps a lot with LGBT issues since they're both about trying to stop discrimination and treat everyone fairly and equally.

Yay! You're wonderful Scarf, just gonna start off with that.

What got you into spriting?

Why is your username Scarf? Silly question, but idk. I think it suits you though, but then again, you've been Scarf forever it seems. You embody all scarves.
    No, you're wonderful.

I got into it when I happened upon a spriting tutorial by Chesu here at PC and I thought "I can do that" and tried it and got some positive criticism and felt I could do more and get better. This was while I was looking around the internet to see what people were doing to make their own games and before I'd actually signed up. I only signed up initially because I wanted to say thanks.

Words that start with 's' are just really pleasant and pretty to me. I liked that it was a word that wasn't too long or too geeky and something I'd regret. I think I'd just gotten into wearing scarves a lot at the time since I was in Japan then where it was much colder than I'd been used to. Even though it was summer when I first signed up I still had a lot hanging around in my place and I guess that was what inspired me.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    My darling Scarf, or, apparently, Cameron! Just saying that you're one of the few people that I've always respected as a person and as a poster, which if I may say so myself, is very great honour indeed! Very rare!

Just the one question for now: I know it's terribly rude to ask this, but please enlighten me with your real age! I'm guessing around 22-23? 24?

Years
    My darling Scarf, or, apparently, Cameron! Just saying that you're one of the few people that I've always respected as a person and as a poster, which if I may say so myself, is very great honour indeed! Very rare!

Just the one question for now: I know it's terribly rude to ask this, but please enlighten me with your real age! I'm guessing around 22-23? 24?
    Well, I've told different people different ages ranging from, like 22-30 because I waffle between feeling like I'm too old for this place and not caring, but let's just say I was born in the 80s. I'm a big liar by nature, but that at least is true. I'm sorry I'm wishy-washy about this, but it's one of those things I want to keep private now because I don't think I should try to get too close to people I don't know in real life and somehow it's one of the things that make it seem too "real" if that makes any sense.

Years
    Any progress on that UK trip you were planning out?

Where is that avatar of yours from anyway? I feel as if you're lecturing me everytime I see a post from you because of it V_____V

Would you consider having sexual intercourse with a male?

How do you think I should go about my world conquest?

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Favorite Anime/Manga?

Favorite Color?

Describe in two paragraphs or less; yourself, your character and whatever else you feel like expanding upon that relates to your self.

Years
    Any progress on that UK trip you were planning out?

Where is that avatar of yours from anyway? I feel as if you're lecturing me everytime I see a post from you because of it V_____V

Would you consider having sexual intercourse with a male?

How do you think I should go about my world conquest?
    If I'm continuing to be honest, it's already planned. I've got my hotel (in London) and plane tickets all squared away. The only thing I haven't figured out is exactly what I'm going to do when I'm there. I mean, I know I could spend a week just going to museums (Free museums? What parallel world am I going to?) but I don't really know much about London beyond what I see from TV and movies and books.

I made it. It's from me. :3

I've considered it before, but I'm awkward and kinda distrustful around guys, I'm in a relationship right now, and yeah, it's not on my bucket list or anything so if it never happens then that's fine.

How is your conquest of the world about me? You should do it by getting people addicted to drugs which you control the supply of. Work to decriminalize all kinds of drugs and invest in pharmaceutical companies.

Favorite Anime/Manga?

Favorite Color?

Describe in two paragraphs or less; yourself, your character and whatever else you feel like expanding upon that relates to your self.
    I have so much trouble with "What's your favorite _______?" questions. It's hard to pick a single anything usually. Um, maybe Kare Kano. It was one of the first series I saw. I like that it's a shoujo series, but the animation was done by Gainax so it's got that sometimes crazy edge to it. More than all that, I like the way it handles its characters and I really felt connected to them at the time, and still kind of do.

Right now it's purple, but I like cool colors in general.

I feel like I should just copy and paste my initial post. Uh, my 'character' is somewhat good, somewhat bad. I'm a good person, I think. I try to be nice to people and respect people's choices and differences and not judge. I think I'm fairly generous and helpful as much as I'm able to, but I'm also a kind of a bad friend in that I don't ever keep in touch with people and let those relationships falter. I'm also a, well, not a pathological liar, but I do often lie to friends and strangers alike if I think it will smooth things over and avoid conflict.

Years
    Scarfy, you're the key player in my master plan :p

So you made it from scratch? Can you make a Giovanni avatar for me then - although I think it would be difficult even for you to beat my current avatar.

Given that your trip to London is confirmed and given that you are "kinda distrustful of guys" would you meet up with me?

Years
    Scarfy, you're the key player in my master plan :p

So you made it from scratch? Can you make a Giovanni avatar for me then - although I think it would be difficult even for you to beat my current avatar.

Given that your trip to London is confirmed and given that you are "kinda distrustful of guys" would you meet up with me?
    Yeah, I've made a lot of those kind of things. Anyhoo, here ya go:
    My name is Inigo Montoya
    Gosh, I'm so quick at this thing. I amaze even myself.

I dunno. I'm traveling with my significant other and it might be a little weird to say: "Oh, by the way, let's go and meet up with with this guy I talk to online." And, you know, I'd have to meet people face-to-face and expose myself for the person I am and not the person I present myself as.

Years
    That is pretty good, I will use it for the time being, though I still really like the other one.

Well I'll leave the ball in your court.

So does this mean you're not very good at shifting your personality in the real world?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm sorry if you get asked this a lot and if you don't want to answer, that's fine. But what gender do you identify with? I noticed you had your gender set to female for the longest time, and I usually just refer to people by that (unless I know 100% they're faking people off, of course) so I just wanted to know what you prefer, so that I don't get it wrong.

Years
    That is pretty good, I will use it for the time being, though I still really like the other one.

Well I'll leave the ball in your court.

So does this mean you're not very good at shifting your personality in the real world?
    I can't tell if you're playing along with me or not, so I guess you win this one.

Actually, I'm really pretty good at adjusting to people, I think. At least on the outside. I can get anxious though if I'm not really comfortable, but I can play along fairly well with different personalities. I'm feeling all inarticulate right now so I don't know if it's making sense what I'm saying.

I'm sorry if you get asked this a lot and if you don't want to answer, that's fine. But what gender do you identify with? I noticed you had your gender set to female for the longest time, and I usually just refer to people by that (unless I know 100% they're faking people off, of course) so I just wanted to know what you prefer, so that I don't get it wrong.
    I kind of identify as genderqueer now. I know, I hate how that comes out, how it sounds like I'm choosing to be difficult. I've had some trouble coming to terms with things for myself. I'm male, physically, but for a while I'd convinced myself I was transgendered, that I was a girl, but now I feel like I went too far because I wasn't doing the whole transgender thing like you would expect, and now I feel like I'm genderqueer. Sometimes I feel like I'm more feminine, more female, and other times not.

Oh, that was terribly written. Lemme try again. I'm okay with either being called male or female because at different times I feel more male or female since, after all my self-reflection and attempts to identify myself, I've come to a point where I feel I'm genderqueer, where I'm okay with how my body is and all of that, but I also feel like I can change. And I do feel like I go through periods where I feel more like one or the other or like neither, and I don't feel like I should constrain myself to one when I don't feel that way, but I also don't expect other people to change depending on how I feel so... I guess I'm okay with whatever you or anyone else feels is okay based on what's comfortable for you.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    That makes sense! I remember first seeing you with your gender set to male, so I have always thought of you as male, though when you switched it, and I had seen you talk about being transgendered before, I thought you preferred being referred to as a she. Now that I know that, I'll probably just keep remembering you as male though. ...Gee, first impressions really stick with me, it seems. This applies to more than just you haha.

So anyway! What kind of clothes do you like to wear? Any specific brands or kinds of colors you like?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I want to keep a certain amount of distance between my online and real lives so I'll be keeping a few bits of information vague and/or private if it's all the same to you.
    Why is this? I don't mean it in a "tell me everything about you now, or I'll cut you!!!!!" kind of way, but is there any rationale behind the complete divide between online and offline worlds?

Years
    So anyway! What kind of clothes do you like to wear? Any specific brands or kinds of colors you like?
    My day to day wear is usually jeans or corduroys, t-shirts and cardigans, shoes like converse or whatever, and plenty of scarves of course, but only when it's cold. Nothing too fancy.

I like this store called Uniqlo which I found in Japan (which also exists in the UK, I think) and they recently opened a store in San Francisco so I've had a chance to get more clothes from them. They're pretty good quality and simple and I like simple, like just a striped shirt without little logos and extra annoying stuff. They also use colors you don't see as often, or I don't at least, like nice teals and purples. I wear mostly black, grey, white, cool colors, and sometimes orange or red, but I try for lighter, brighter shades when I can get them as long as they don't get into dayglow neon territory.

Why is this? I don't mean it in a "tell me everything about you now, or I'll cut you!!!!!" kind of way, but is there any rationale behind the complete divide between online and offline worlds?
    I developed a crush on someone online and it made me do some dumb things, including, but not limited to, spending all my time on my computer and ignoring much of my real life. Once bitten, twice shy, I suppose. Meeting someone in person who I've met online feels like it would carry extra expectations. I don't want to disappoint people (or myself) by not living up to those. As I've said before, I'm not a good friend a lot of the time and I don't want to start something, to bring an acquaintance to the level of a friend, when I'm likely to let that falter later on. I mean, I enjoy talking and interacting with people online, but I don't think I can sustain relationships past just acquaintances. I just feel like I can't support too many different social circles. And to some extent I've got hangups about socializing, a certain amount of social anxiety.

I guess I could just summarize and say I'm too scared to meet people.

Years
    You sound like you dress cool. :)

Anything you like to collect?
    I just try to be comfy without looking awful. :)

Not really a collector. I like scarves, but I don't go out of my way to get as many as I can or get a big variety. I feel like I've got too much crap as it is and I'd rather get rid of some of it than pile more into it.

Is there any political movement or speech that really moved you?

What's your favorite holiday?
    There might have been, but I can't think of anything at the moment so I probably wasn't moved that much. I've got a bad memory though, so who know? I'm more moved by ideas and philosophies and that sort of stuff. Movements, speeches, rallies - they're kinda secondary to the big ideas behind them.

HALLOWEEN! Dressing up, eating tons of candy, bad monster movies on TV, fun decorations, not known for annoying songs that play everywhere (Christmas, I hate you). Yeah. There's nothing not to love about Halloween. I'm not even one to go to parties or egg houses or do any of that and I still love this holiday because you get to celebrate something different for a change.

Back