• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Pearl Team

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Hi. I chose my Team to defeat Jun/Damion's team with each one one one fight. I personally don't care about natures and abilites...
    Species:
    Luxray
    Item:
    Cleanse Tag
    Nature:
    Modest
    Ability:
    Rivalry
    MoveSet:
    ThunderBolt
    Thunder Fang
    Crunch
    Charge Beam

Species:
    Lucario
    Item:
    Shell Bell
    Nature:
    Modest
    Ability:
    SteadFast
    MoveSet:
    Force Palm
    Dragon Pulse
    ForeSight
    Close Combat

Species:
    Chatot
    Item:
    None
    Nature:
    Lonely
    Ability:
    Tangled Feet
    MoveSet:
    Chatter
    Fly
    Roost
    Hyper Voice

Species:
    Cherrim
    Item:
    None
    Nature:
    Jolly
    Ability:
    Flower Gift
    MoveSet:
    Leech Seed
    Sunny Day
    SolarBeam
    Magical Leaf

Species:
    Gastrodon
    Item:
    None
    Nature:
    Quiet
    Ability:
    Sticky Hold
    MoveSet:
    EarthQuake
    Surf
    Muddy Water
    Recover

Species:
    Infernape
    Item:
    None
    Nature:
    Timid
    Ability:
    Blaze
    MoveSet:
    FlameThrower
    Flame Wheel
    Fire Spin
    Flare Blitz

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2009
    Your team's ok if you're going to just battle Damion. But if you go on WiFi, count on even the dumbest players to beat you. Seriously.

DemonPrince

Is teh 1337 Stalker! w00t!
    Years
    • DE
    • Seen Nov 4, 2007
    I agree 31415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445...%

I memorised all that! (jk)

Years
  • Um, they're right...the movesets suck really bad.

But um, as some basic stuff I could recommend is, at the very least, throw on close combat or some other fighting move on infernape...

Years
  • Movesets are bad. Natures too.
    My suggestion? Start a new game.

Hell, even the pokemon are a joke....cherrim sucks, chatot has no good stats, and luxray is just kinda mediocre (plus you gave him special moves when his only good stat is attack).

Starting a new game is flat out ridiculous, though. It's not that hard to go to breed new pokemon/catch new pokemon/level new pokemon up/trade for better pokemon.

So yeah, start of by flat out dropping the 3 pokemon I mentioned.
    Then attempt to salvage your Lucario and Infernape via the move tutor...

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I know my movesets and natures suck. I don't truly care though, I'm not one of those people who is so obsessed with natures and Evs and bla bla bla that I've forgotten what games are for, which is to have fun.

31415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751 058209749445...% Is impossible, as %=Per hundred.

DKong1026, Don't flame my Pokemon. If I choose to use Chatot, Luxray, and Cherrim, its not like your going to die, so get over it.

In truth, so far, I've seen no actual constructive comment sother than "But um, as some basic stuff I could recommend is, at the very least, throw on close combat or some other fighting move on infernape..." When that is what this thread is about. Why is that?

DemonPrince

Is teh 1337 Stalker! w00t!
    Years
    • DE
    • Seen Nov 4, 2007
    I really don't care about %'s. Anyway, you are right, you need to have fun. But be prepared for a heck of a lot of criticism.

How can you wifi battle against dumb ppl you don't know? You have to register them

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • if you are going to do some critisism atleast suggest better moves other than flamming the person. That doesn't make anything better. If yo keep on flamming other than rating your going to get the thread close

@DKong1026: your 1st post wasn't called for and you know it, saying something about someones Pokemon and not doing or suggestion anything about is a really stupid thing to do. Help the kid out. I also hope you read this

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Last edited:

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Well, he did kinda suggest something. Over critism isn't necessary, but if someone dosen't think that a pokemon will suffice on a netbattle team, then feel free to say so. Just remember that some people has favorites, so try not to be insulting. And there's no need flame.

Oh, & Blue, while I can't really give much advice other than the "basic stuff", but i'll just say it anyway. Take off some of those fire moves Infernape. More than one is redundant. Keep Flare Blitz, of course. But you should definitly remove Flame Wheel.

Hope it helps, i'm not that good at team rating, so I help how I can.

Last edited:
    Years
  • @DKong1026: your 1st post wasn't called for and you know it, saying something about someones Pokemon and not doing or suggestion anything about is a really stupid thing to do. Help the kid out. I also hope you read this
    Newblue even said that my post was the only one that had ANY constructive criticism/suggestions, so I don't think I should be singled out over the other people that said "count on even the dumbest players to beat you", which is also mean.
    I'm not sorry for what I said, I'm sorry for HOW I said it, though.

I'll just go ahead and critique this to become a team that is mildly competitive. You can take it or leave it.

Dump Chatot and Cherrim.

Luxray:
    Thunderbolt
    Charge Beam Both of these moves are utilize special attack, and ray has a low s.atk stat, so it's best to not use these.
    Thunder Fang
    Crunch
    Roar (for phazing, and it learns it via level up so you can just go get it from the move tutor)
    Thunder Wave?

All in all, I really don't like his stats or movepool, but I'm trying to keep your initial team as in tact as possible.

Lucario:
    Force Palm You already have a fighting move, close combat, so it's a waste to have both.
    ForeSight Unless you are hellbent on him mowing down Gengars, this is kinda useless. The rest of your team can handle ghosts.
    Dragon Pulse
    Close Combat
    Extremespeed (great for chipping off the last few HP of a pokemon. Kinda low PP, though)
    Aura Sphere (I know, I know...I said not to have 2 fighting moves on him...but this one is a special attack move, whereas Close Combat is a regular attack move, so it's not as bad...but a different move might be more helpful here, I don't really know any good lucario movesets)

Gastrodon:
    Muddy Water You already have a special water move on him, surf...so you don't need this. Plus the accuracy for this move ain't that good.
    EarthQuake
    Surf
    Recover
    Body Slam (nice for hitting for a little extra regular damage)

Again, though, I'm not a big fan of him. His typing is cool and such, but his stats (besides HP) aren't that great.

Infernape:
    Flame Wheel You already have flamethrower- this is useless.
    Fire Spin As above, you already have a fire move, so this is uselss.
    FlameThrower
    Flare Blitz (it's ok to have both cause one's special and the other is physical, but it's probably best to stick with only one of the two)
    Close Combat (he's part fighting, you need a good fighting move)
    Nasty Plot / Grass Knot (I've seen both used well on Infernape)

Also, I admit that I'm no pro, so those probably aren't the best movesets...so don't bite my head off.
    I also agree with you about EVs, IVs, natures, and all that other crap. The only stuff I really care about are what pokemon I use and what movesets they have (going back to the statement that I'm no pro at pokemon).

sims796

Years
  • Sorry, but I have to agree with DKONG1026 on this one. If you put a team up on this site, expect some crtisism. It's nice he apologized for how he said it, but we have to remember he's entitled to his own opinion. Like I said, try not to flame other peoppe favorites. And nice rating, by the way. Dump Chatot & Cherribim if you want, but keep 'em if you do. Its just his opinion, so it's your call.

And DKONG, did you mean to say i'm NOT a pro, cause that last pargraph confused me a bit.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    Newblue even said that my post was the only one that had ANY constructive criticism/suggestions, so I don't think I should be singled out over the other people that said "count on even the dumbest players to beat you", which is also mean.
    I'm not sorry for what I said, I'm sorry for HOW I said it, though.

I'll just go ahead and critique this to become a team that is mildly competitive. You can take it or leave it.

Dump Chatot and Cherrim.

Luxray:
    Thunderbolt
    Charge Beam Both of these moves are utilize special attack, and ray has a low s.atk stat, so it's best to not use these.
    Thunder Fang
    Crunch
    Roar (for phazing, and it learns it via level up so you can just go get it from the move tutor)
    Thunder Wave?

All in all, I really don't like his stats or movepool, but I'm trying to keep your initial team as in tact as possible.

Lucario:
    Force Palm You already have a fighting move, close combat, so it's a waste to have both.
    ForeSight Unless you are hellbent on him mowing down Gengars, this is kinda useless. The rest of your team can handle ghosts.
    Dragon Pulse
    Close Combat
    Extremespeed (great for chipping off the last few HP of a pokemon. Kinda low PP, though)
    Aura Sphere (I know, I know...I said not to have 2 fighting moves on him...but this one is a special attack move, whereas Close Combat is a regular attack move, so it's not as bad...but a different move might be more helpful here, I don't really know any good lucario movesets)

Gastrodon:
    Muddy Water You already have a special water move on him, surf...so you don't need this. Plus the accuracy for this move ain't that good.
    EarthQuake
    Surf
    Recover
    Body Slam (nice for hitting for a little extra regular damage)

Again, though, I'm not a big fan of him. His typing is cool and such, but his stats (besides HP) aren't that great.

Infernape:
    Flame Wheel You already have flamethrower- this is useless.
    Fire Spin As above, you already have a fire move, so this is uselss.
    FlameThrower
    Flare Blitz (it's ok to have both cause one's special and the other is physical, but it's probably best to stick with only one of the two)
    Close Combat (he's part fighting, you need a good fighting move)
    Nasty Plot / Grass Knot (I've seen both used well on Infernape)

Also, I admit that I'm no pro, so those probably aren't the best movesets...so don't bite my head off.
    I also agree with you about EVs, IVs, natures, and all that other crap. The only stuff I really care about are what pokemon I use and what movesets they have (going back to the statement that I'm no pro at pokemon).
    I was one of the guys who criticized so where's some help.

Luxray: Spark is better than Thunder Fang. More PP, more accuracy, more chances of paralyzing. I guess Roar and Thunder Wave work together, and Crunch is a must have. Teaching it Ice Fang would be nice.

Lucario: Psychic, Dragon Pulse, Extreme Speed and Aura Sphere/Close Combat. There's a Swords Dance variation, but I don't care.

Gastrodon: Meh, it sucks. Curse, Earthquake, Waterfall, Recover. Might have some problems with Grass types. If you want you can use Surf, Ice Beam, Earthquake(Land Power if it can learn it), and Recover or something.

Swords Dancer Infernape: Flareblitz/Overheat, Close Combat, Stone Edge, Swords Dance.

Nasty Plotter Infernape: Nasty Plot, Flamethrower, Grass Knot, FIGHTING ATTACK.

Blaze Kick, Thunderpunch, Mach Punch, U-turn, Fake Out, Earthquake and Sunny Beamer are options, but is all up to you.

Chatot: Hyper Voice, Roost, Featherdance, Chatter.
    Nasty Plot is an option over Featherdance. Don't get you're hopes to high on this birdy.

Cherrim: Can't think of much. Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Leech Seed, Aromatherapy. It sucks. I don't even think this moveset works. A Fire attack would rule. Better go with other Grass.

Btw, Earthquakes hould hurt your team a bit.

sims796

Years
  • I'll step in for Cherrim-grass types are my specialty. It's best as a supporter for the team (which are the majority of it's moves, anyway) so how about this.

Leech Seed
    Energy Ball
    Worry Seed/Aromatherapy
    Lucky Chant/Aromatherapy

Aromatherapy is more useful than those two, but it's a breeding move, if you feel like doing that. Worry Seed will mess up most teams, especially those who rely on Rest, or the abilities of their Pokemon. Lucky Chant, well, getting rid of critical hits is always useful.

Hope this helps

Years
  • Sorry, but I have to agree with DKONG1026 on this one. If you put a team up on this site, expect some crtisism. It's nice he apologized for how he said it, but we have to remember he's entitled to his own opinion. Like I said, try not to flame other peoppe favorites. And nice rating, by the way. Dump Chatot & Cherribim if you want, but keep 'em if you do. Its just his opinion, so it's your call.

And DKONG, did you mean to say i'm NOT a pro, cause that last pargraph confused me a bit.
    Yeah, I meant not a pro. That post was sort of a convoluted mess, so it's edited a lot from when you probably read it.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Oh, my Luxray has an Sp. attack stat of only 3 below Attack. So, Sp. Moves will work well.

I came up with possible movesets for the Pokemon. I need help on them.

Luxray
    Item:
    Zap Plate
    Nature:
    Modest
    Ability:
    Rivalry
    MoveSet:
    ThunderBolt
    Thunder Fang
    Crunch
    Iron Tail