• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Photography Gallery.

Brane

-
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    I've been taking Photographs for most of my life, though while I was young I was very inexperienced and did not know much about the aesthetic qualities of a Photography. But in these past few years I have really stepped up and I believe I am really taking note on certain features of the Photography I am taking before I do take it. But before I start blabbing on, welcome to my Gallery!

I am an expert on Photo manipulation, though in this thread I'm going to try and stay away from that and instead show more raw photography in an effort to fine up my skills before I begin my final project for my last year of High school.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Finally got around to reviewing your photography, normally I would have ben on this thread as soon as I saw it, but I have been very busy, so sorry for that.

Eastern Freeway Lights
    Good choice with the wide lens. However, I think your ISO setting might have been too high here. This is why you have the bleeding in the lights, mainly on the right hand side of the picture and the lights in the distance. It is difficult to get these pictures spot on because you have to adjust the ISO to match the shutter speed. If you are going to have the shutter open for longer than 3 seconds, I would suggest having the ISO very low, in the 100's if possible.

Road Sign
    I don't really like this one because it is way too dark. I can hardly make out anything else and I can only faintly see the redish coloured sky and that is with my laptops brightness ramped to the max. Much like my previous comment, I would say work on getting that ISO value to the perfect number; just experiment.

Red Berries
    Your flash kills the picture here. If it is a built-in camera flash, then there isn't much you can do about it, but if it is a flash gun, then I would say try a different angle in which the flash comes from. One thing you could do is angle the flash gun at 45 degrees and then use a white piece of paper or card to angle the actual flash down. So just think of the flash gun being at this angle / and the paper or card above it at this angle \. This will evenly distribute the flash and not overpower the subject with the light.

Leaves of Life
    See previous comment.

Leaves of Life #2
    Again, see previous comment. It is a little better in this one, but the flash is still a little too intense.

Don't be disheartened by my comments. I don't really just say 'OMG AMAZING' because I don't see the point in them because they don't give constructive criticism and that is why, I imagine, you posted this gallery.
    Keep working on it and I am sure you will get it. Try taking a range of pictures, like in the day for example!​

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    Finally got around to reviewing your photography, normally I would have ben on this thread as soon as I saw it, but I have been very busy, so sorry for that.

Eastern Freeway Lights
    Good choice with the wide lens. However, I think your ISO setting might have been too high here. This is why you have the bleeding in the lights, mainly on the right hand side of the picture and the lights in the distance. It is difficult to get these pictures spot on because you have to adjust the ISO to match the shutter speed. If you are going to have the shutter open for longer than 3 seconds, I would suggest having the ISO very low, in the 100's if possible.

Road Sign
    I don't really like this one because it is way too dark. I can hardly make out anything else and I can only faintly see the redish coloured sky and that is with my laptops brightness ramped to the max. Much like my previous comment, I would say work on getting that ISO value to the perfect number; just experiment.

Red Berries
    Your flash kills the picture here. If it is a built-in camera flash, then there isn't much you can do about it, but if it is a flash gun, then I would say try a different angle in which the flash comes from. One thing you could do is angle the flash gun at 45 degrees and then use a white piece of paper or card to angle the actual flash down. So just think of the flash gun being at this angle / and the paper or card above it at this angle \. This will evenly distribute the flash and not overpower the subject with the light.

Leaves of Life
    See previous comment.

Leaves of Life #2
    Again, see previous comment. It is a little better in this one, but the flash is still a little too intense.

Don't be disheartened by my comments. I don't really just say 'OMG AMAZING' because I don't see the point in them because they don't give constructive criticism and that is why, I imagine, you posted this gallery.
    Keep working on it and I am sure you will get it. Try taking a range of pictures, like in the day for example!​

I was working with a compact digital camera so my settings were limited, I just changed the photo to a 16:9 ratio, but the big problem is I can't adjust both ISO and shutter speed in the same settings, they each have their own specific section for that - which is a real pain in the butt.

With the others, I was just experimenting with some HDR settings, but being night and all I could only use with flash and without :P So I had to go with the darkened HDR rather then the flash photograph.

But I did take all these in one night, I will be posting more this weekend because I borrowed a DSLR from school so I should be taking some good photographs :P

Thanks for the feedback, and I do take photographs during the day too!

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    Went around today to do some street photog.

5926305104_fb3c84a962.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't have time to cap a good shot because it flew away.

5925739349_e41a3de447.jpg

I wanted to sneak in some shots with people in it, and only a few came, yet this was one of the better ones.

5926286950_e31f285858.jpg

Probably my favourite for the day.

5925720157_a96c7ab0da.jpg

One of the better portrait shots.

5925712261_2586dd1e09.jpg

Played around with shutter a little, rested the camera on a fence. Pro, aye?

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    went around doing some night shots with low shutter speed, some of em look pretty nasty.

Took me about 20 minutes to get a good shot of this Possum, wasn't carrying a flashlight so it was near impossible to focus properly.
    5936859052_4ef7480275.jpg

Always liked the light effects in dark, but I thought maybe zooming in and out would be cool as well, turns out it was.
    5936855982_40b7bb9236.jpg

This one was pre cool.
    5936851974_4014665374.jpg

Snapped this one early while the sky was so awesome.
    5936287993_09702ea79f.jpg

chakra199

Playing pokemon, like a boss
    Years
  • i personally love your photography :) i can say on red berries and leaves of life the flash doesnt really help haha....i really liked the portrait shot of the man on the bridge and your city pictures :)

Gunn

horror resident
    Years

• image10.jpg

Coloured Pegs
    22/5/2011

Another DoF trial, this one was a better success :P.

The rainbow concept is a classic for me. It never gets old and you can use anything that comes in a variety of colors; I see it especially done with colored pencils and sometimes cake. This is super cute and I like how it slight curves into a rainbow too. :) My major critique is that it's slightly overexposed, as you can see that the white peg has some detail that was washed out. Not a big deal though as you can simply adjust that on your camera settings (or fix it in Photoshop, though unfortunately it appears you may not be able to recover what's missing. You could still try though.) Good job on the DoF too; keep practicing on that. I know I had to.

5925720157_a96c7ab0da.jpg

One of the better portrait shots.

Love love love this. There's just something about the bright green contrasting against the rest of the colors throughout the photo that I really like. Well, okay, I'm just huge lover of catchy colors contrasted on a dark background. BUT STILL: it's bright enough to make the cyclist the obvious subject, but at the same time not pushing away the rest of the image. I only wish that the trees didn't have that large empty spot near the center. :< Also, the picture looks a tiny bit left-weighted. I dunno if you cropped it in a bit, but if there was more of the right side available to balance the photo as a whole, it would definitely help the view gain the sense of the location of the photo and the photographer (you! :D). Other than that, I really love this shot!

Snapped this one early while the sky was so awesome.
    5936287993_09702ea79f.jpg
    This photo is amazing and the sky IS awesome. I really think that the sky though could have gone without the clouds. Without them, the blues really would have complimented the warm tones in the rest of the pic very nicely. Anyway, great photo and capture of the horizon. You definitely have potential and I think your strong suit are cityscapes. I dunno if that's what you like, but you're good at it. I was told by two professionals that I should consider getting into architectural photography and that happens to be my least favorite genre! :[ I'm experimental though, what about you?

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    ^Thanks for the comments, they were very much what I was thinking as well.

I thought I'd try something different with the Photography.

Mainly because the files are huge and would eat up my flickr data limit, though I will probably get around to uploading them and putting them in the first post.

But, here is something I thought might be a little bit more entertaining. Enjoy, and make sure to watch in HD for the best viewing experience!

Back