• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My pixel art!

Years
  • Hello, this is my topic were i will post my pixel art! Please note that when ive reached the picture limit i will have to double post, please let me know if thats ok, but im sure it wont happen cause someone will probably post before im even near the picture limit. So here are my Pixel arts. I will tell you what catagory they are in. (such as requested, random, awesome, and others)

My first ever pixel art (which looks awesome!) Gardevoir! Catagory: awesome
    My pixel art!

Absol Catagory: Requested
    My pixel art!
    My pixel art!

Oddish Catagory: Good
    My pixel art!

Bulbasaur Catagory: Awesome
    My pixel art!
    My pixel art!

Ivysaur. Catagory: Awesome
    My pixel art!
    My pixel art!

Venusaur Catagory: Awesome
    My pixel art!

Zubat Catagory: good
    My pixel art!

Now introducing....one of my favorite pokemon so far.....HAUNTER! Catagory: Sweet
    My pixel art!
    My pixel art!

Rotom Catagory: Good
    My pixel art!
    My pixel art!

Thats all for now!

EDIT: I Modified the Gardevoir and Absol, they look a little bit better now.

If you want one PM me! Cause im really bored!
    Even when school starts!!!! *dies of boredom*

NEW! Shiny Pokemon!

Last edited:
    Years
  • You've got a lot to learn.
    First off, I don't know if I would even consider this pixel art. I don't mean in in a mean way, I mean it in a pixel art definition way.

It looks like the beginning of a pixel art. There is a lot more you can do to it.

Try looking up some pixel art tutorials, if it's really something you want to learn.

Pixel art takes a lot of time, and the key is to learn how to put more and more time into your work.

Here is an edit I made of a small section of your piece.
    My pixel art!

I took yours, and just continued on it.
    Notice the things I did:
    -More involved shading, the shine on the top(left) of each panel thing on it's head, as well as a littl bit above the eye
    there's also some shading on the eye, where the part above the eye creates a shadow
    -AA: Antialiasing. Notice how much smoother my picture looks. It's a pixel art technique, and there are many tutorials on it, shouldn't be hard to find.
    -Selective outlining: This is suble, because it works with the AA, but it's when you use things other than black for the outline. Notice how on certain parts, the parts with more light, the black line turns into a dark green one.
    -Other small details, what pixel art is all about: not much to show on your piece, but I added a highlight on the eye. Small things like this bring a piece to life
    Also note, that just that small section probably took me 15 minutes. Pixel art takes patience.

Hope that helps, you or anyone else who reads this.

Years
  • You've got a lot to learn.
    First off, I don't know if I would even consider this pixel art. I don't mean in in a mean way, I mean it in a pixel art definition way.

It looks like the beginning of a pixel art. There is a lot more you can do to it.

Try looking up some pixel art tutorials, if it's really something you want to learn.

Pixel art takes a lot of time, and the key is to learn how to put more and more time into your work.

Here is an edit I made of a small section of your piece.
    My pixel art!

I took yours, and just continued on it.
    Notice the things I did:
    -More involved shading, the shine on the top(left) of each panel thing on it's head, as well as a littl bit above the eye
    there's also some shading on the eye, where the part above the eye creates a shadow
    -AA: Antialiasing. Notice how much smoother my picture looks. It's a pixel art technique, and there are many tutorials on it, shouldn't be hard to find.
    -Selective outlining: This is suble, because it works with the AA, but it's when you use things other than black for the outline. Notice how on certain parts, the parts with more light, the black line turns into a dark green one.
    -Other small details, what pixel art is all about: not much to show on your piece, but I added a highlight on the eye. Small things like this bring a piece to life
    Also note, that just that small section probably took me 15 minutes. Pixel art takes patience.

Hope that helps, you or anyone else who reads this.

skeddles, your version of that small part of that gardevoir isnt any better than the origional. although you are right that the origional needs more shading, you must follow this bit of advice yourself! it looks like you just took the origional and blotched it up. and that alleged "highlight" on the eye doesnt look very good. and Giratina55, i think that both of your pieces are very good. they could improve a bit, but not drastically. like all art, every picture needs work, but i like to enjoy what has already been created. keep up the good work giritina!

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • Apparently I know nothing about pixel art because what I think about your art is different then those other two.

Personally I love your work, and it is pixel art. The only thing that bugs me is Absol's face. To be honest, I am not well enough to describe the issue, but I could be wrong. Other then that, I find this artwork great. I cannot wait for more work from you.

Years
  • apparently rickyslaughter thinks i dont like your pixel?
    well i do like them!!!
    they are very good!
    but still consider editting them a bit
    but again they are still very good

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I'm really loving both of them (another noob here that doesn't know about pixel art) but Absol's face isn't what I would call smooth, and I do agree with what others said about the Gardevior, it could use a bit more shading for the head

:t354:TG

Years
  • Its not supposed to have alot of shading on its head, if i were to put this in a picture, i made it in a way that the sun was out, and really bright, and it was afternoon, so there is alot of light making not much shading on the head. Get it? And ya the absol is pretty crappy.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Its not supposed to have alot of shading on its head, if i were to put this in a picture, i made it in a way that the sun was out, and really bright, and it was afternoon, so there is alot of light making not much shading on the head. Get it? And ya the absol is pretty crappy.

If it was out in the sun, really bright as you say, then surely the white parts of Gardovoir would be beaming white, not a murky light grey. Don't try and dodge what these people are saying to you, it's helpful criticism which will in turn, help you get better.

Your lineart isn't bad, but you DO need shading on bigger pieces, even if only a little and your palettes need work, however they're nice for a first attempt.

Years
  • i didnt mean that you needed more shading, i just meant that you needed to blend the shading a bit
    see in this remake that i did, it looks like i used more colors to get this blended effect
    but really i only took two colors and used them to do a sort of criss cross pattern
    it really helps to blend your shading together and it makes it look more real
    My pixel art!

Years
  • Im not trying to dodge it, and i dont know what pallets are, but if they are the colors, then the pallets are from the actuall gardevoir sprite. But whatev, these are my first, i already have enough info. thnx.

EDIT PLEASE READ! Crap its been a month. Goodbye pixel arts! I will make you another topic when i feel like it!

Last edited:
    Back