• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

my pokemon anime srip :)

gapdreamer

dream fighter
Years
  • my pokemon anime strip :)

hi everyone,
    his is my first thread in pokecommuniy, i wanted to share with you guys my dreawings, as i am doing a pokemon anime strip.
    here 2 of the 3 main heroes :D
    any advice, remark, highly appreciated, as i am noob a drawings :)
    i am using photoshop CS4 extended.

View attachment 54413
    View attachment 54419
    thanks ^^

Last edited:
    Years
  • My suggestion is to work on poses. Find some random pokemon episode on youtube and pause it during battles to look at the dynamic poses that they use. Usually, the legs of the pokemon are not sticking straight down when they're jumping, and they are not drawn at straight-on or perfect side views.

Kudos on starting the strip though. It's a lot of work.

gapdreamer

dream fighter
    Years
  • thx i'll do that, i noticed too, i wanted to start with straight poses, then e more professional, as for the strip it is truely a hard work,sometimes i cant but copy the same images...
    but i'll do my best :D
    thanks a lot ^^

gapdreamer

dream fighter
    Years
  • thanks to bleuVII i am working on different battle poses, your comment was really useful.
    thanks bleuVII ^^

except for bleu no one seems seems interested...

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm glad you found it useful. I have another comment that may help. Your necks for the human characters seem a little thick. I think it would look good if you slimmed them down a bit. That girl looks a bit beefy.

Edit: Also, your pose on Cyndaquil is much improved.

Last edited:

gapdreamer

dream fighter
    Years
  • thanks a lot, you discovered another problem i have, necks, its because of those body porpotions , they are kinda hard to understand XD, but i am working on an image of Aaron now, i shall improve it ^^
    and as for the girl, she has a cold and calm personality, and i think that interfered with my imagination of her, hopefully i will improve soon :)
    thanks a lot bleu ^^

Back