• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My R/B/Y team

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2014
    Hello,

Could anyone help me increasing my R/B/Y team?

My R/B/Y team

Nidoking lv. 100.

~Earthquake
    ~Amnesia
    ~Ice beam
    ~Thunderbolt

My R/B/Y team

Slowbro lv. 100.

~Surf
    ~Amnesia
    ~Rest
    ~Ice beam

My R/B/Y team

Alakazam lv. 100.

~Psychic
    ~Recover
    ~Thunder Wave
    ~Reflect

My R/B/Y team

Machamp lv. 100.

~Lowkick
    ~Earthquake
    ~Rock Slide
    ~Substitute

Arcanine lv. 100.

~Fireblast
    ~Hyper Beam
    ~Body Slam
    ~Reflect

Exeggutor lv. 100.

~???
    ~???
    ~???
    ~???

Does anyone have some good suggestions on movesets, or is there some Pokémons i should consider adding to my team? I'm thinking that perhaps some of them should be switched out, and I'm not entirely sure whether the movesets are the best, so if anyone have any suggestions to improve my team, please feel free to come up with any suggestions. Thanks.

Last edited:

GliscorFan08

Champion Of Kanto
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 26, 2019
    Dragonite:
    Wrap
    Agility
    Blizzard
    Hyper Beam

Alakazam: Put T-Wave and Reflect.

Arcanine:
    Fire Blast
    Body Slam
    Hyper Beam
    Reflect

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2014
    Nice one with T-Wave on Alakazam, haven't thought about that. However, why choose Fireblast over Flamethrower?

Also, would it be a good idea to go with substitute on Alakazam?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2014
    Because Arcanine's Special is lower than it's Attack one would benefit from using Fire Blast instead of Flamethrower. This is one of the few instances where this is recommended.

I don't know about Substitute on an Alakazam, I think that Reflect is a better idea as a Physical move would take his Substitute down in one hit whereas Reflect would make it withstand them better to begin with.

So, Fireblast is a physical attack move on R/B/Y? I didn't know.

My idea with substitute on Alakazam is to do a sub/t-wave/recover combo. T-wave would give me a 50% chance of scoring an extra turn ( opponent fully paralyzed ) which i could use on recovering while substitute would keep Alakazam nice and safe.

This of course leaves me with just one actual attack ( Psychic )

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Moving to in-game team help forum. :) Glad to see people are still wanting RBY teams rated though!

GliscorFan08

Champion Of Kanto
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 26, 2019
    One problem. Alakazam is meant to attack, not stall. So Sub, really isn't helpfull.

GliscorFan08

Champion Of Kanto
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 26, 2019
    Yeah now that you mention it... Choose any other attack move (i think it can learn Shadow ball) and take out rflect since you already have one Poke with it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2014
    Also, aside from Alakazam's moveset, what would be the best choice for Machamp, low kick or submission?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2014
    My apologies for the triple post, but i was really hoping that more people could help me out with my Gen. 1. Team.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    still using exeggutor? I used to use this moveset:

Sleep Powder, Psychic, Double-Edge, Reflect

Makes good use sleep powder and reflect to set you up and then simply push with psychic or double edge depending on the other pokemon...

Back