• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen My Resurreted Sapphire Game

Years
  • So a month back, my Pokemon Sapphire save file got corrupted for some reason and I lost a bunch of Pokemon I was planning on transferring.(including some shinies) I was pretty sad when that happened, but today I decided to load up the game pak to see if the game atleast still worked, and to my surprise, my save file was back in the game as if nothing had happened!

I don't know how this happened, but I think that due to the fact that I didn't create a new save file when it got corrupted, somehow the memory was backed up and was loaded again?
    Basically, the whole "game being corrupted" was a dud...

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    That is a strange occurence, I've never heard of something like that. But good to hear you got your save back! I'd transfer your Pokémon as fast as possible now before something else happens.

Years
  • Something like this happened to me a little over ten years ago. My copy of Zelda A Link to the Past on GBA had my save file not even show up listed on the file select screen even after a few times turning the system on and off. Then a little while later I tried and the file was actually there as if nothing happened. I thought it was very odd, but since then I have heard of thIngs like this happening. Not sure why they do though.

camthesaxman

reverse engineer of teh pokeymanz
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    The Gen 3 Pokemon games actually do create a backup save file. There are two files in the cartridge, and it alternates between the two each time you save. When loading, if the most recent save file's checksum does not match, then it loads the other one instead.

I'm not really sure what happened in your case. If I had to guess, I'd say that the cartridge might not have made contact well the first time, so the save data got a bit messed up when loading, but it loaded okay the second time.

Back