• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

my sprites - comments and crits extremely welcome!

Years
    If you can, can you please make this into pixel art? (like the same size as Wingnut's Moon sprite) If possible, the same pose as the sprite? If not, then just standing there, facing the front.

Thanks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 1, 2024
    bah, i have no reason to live now, i am inadequate. only joking. i have a few words i would like to say, you ****ing rock. could you make a PA of my fake pokemon called glitchtrix

Wingnut

Moon: 12 years and counting...
    Years
    Hollietree said:

Holy crap! That's awesome! Thank you so much for doing this! The only thing I can note is her tail should be pink but, other than that, an amazing job! Thanks again!!!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    Hollietree said:
    to be absolutely correct, the smaller pixels are sprites [to be used in gameboy games] whereas the large pixels are pixel art. QUOTE]
    well pixel art is used in GBA games. there plenty of examples.

Years
    i'll fix the art asap :}
    thanks for the comments guys!

i suppose pixel art is used for backgrounds and stuff, and for the little scenes of forests in pokemon firered/leafgreen.

Years
    fixed cat

and the fake pokemon thing, because i thought it was cute. okay, it doesn't look MUCH like the original pokemon, but i thought it was adorable.

i think i'm going to have to introduce some new rules/advice...cuz pixel art is very time consuming. for example, the cat took me about three hours to complete [with distractions i must add, but it still took that time to finish it].

i am more likely to do pixel arts which i find inspiring and interesting to do. so if you want to request, here is a list of things i am more likely to choose to pixel for you.

what i like:
    *old school pokemon. i love old school pokemon [red/blue], but despise the majority of the new ones. check my profile for my very favourite pokemon which i most likely WILL pixel :P
    *cute pictures - i'm sorry, i don't do very good 'scary' pictures. my style of art tends to side with the cutesy pictures. if a dragon or a evil monster is requested, chances are it will turn out cute :P
    *creative/original ideas. a story in the picture, something HAPPENING, not just the character standing around looking cool. depth people, depth.

what i don't like doing so much:
    *pixel arts of PEOPLE/TRAINERS. i don't mind doing the sprites so much, but big pixel arts of people are borrring. unless your person character has an interesting look/background story, the chances of me pixelling it are slim :P
    *recolours/shading. although this is not as time consuming, it's also time taken off my scratches. the only time i really like to this is to show my shading techniques and how to improve your own sprites.
    *blending pokemon. i don't do this. if you want a new pokemon made, you might as well ask me to do it from scratch.

okay, now we've got this over and done with, i'll also put a little form to make life easier for everybody.

character/pokemon: [picture is the best, but if you don't have one, a detailed description will do]
    pixel art/sprite?:
    colour limit? [if applicable]:
    what's happening in the picture: [again, detailed. i don't have enough time to think of something cool for the characters to be doing...think of it yourselves :P]
    finally, how much do you love me:

Years
    character/pokemon:https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/Blaze_Boy/Blazethechameleon1.png
    pixel art/sprite?: Pixel art preffered but do a sprite if you want to.
    colour limit? [if applicable]: you just do what you want
    what's happening in the picture: Unleashing a fire blast.
    finally, how much do you love me:... er.... I don't love you as Real life love but YOUR PIXEL ART IS FRIKKY DIKIDDY AWESOME. erhem. so you own all bascially cept this other person I saw. but he's not on this forum so YOU =PWNFUL PERSON.

do you want some info on blaze?

Years
    sure, everybody can use their pictures in anyway they want, as long as i have some credit somewhere :}

can i have some more info on blaze, please? :}

Years
    sure.

Blaze the chameleon:

Blaze was abandoned as a child and has been cursed as some people call it but as he says gifted with the manipulation of fire. When angry he will burst into flames and usually severly burn his enemy, He has complete control over these powers.
    His brother, Espio found him badly wounded on a mountain at this time blaze didn't have any regonition of his family or his powers so when he began to recover he soon began to train in the ways of a ninja with his long lost brother, He was turned down from Team chaotix because of a fight with Vector, So he became a loner once again and usually sticking with his best friend Eko the cat.

that good enough for ya

Years
    Hollietree said:
    that's cool. is he an actual chameleon?
    He's not a real chameleon he's an antrho chameleon based on my second highest obbsession Espio the chameleon. Yes its from sonic its my fan character :P

Wingnut

Moon: 12 years and counting...
    Years

Amazing! 10/10

I am so thankful for this. You are such a great artist! :classic:

Years
    Well, if you can't do a PA of my trainer, can you please do one of my Raven Pokemon? TY in advance. :classic:

Pose: Clapping it's wings together, making a gust of wind.
    Colors: As many as you want.
    And I love all of your work, the PA is the best I've ever seen.
    I want to use it as my avy, and I'll give credit, of course.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 1, 2024
    pic:

pixel art/sprite?: PA
    what's happening in the picture: someone is slapping him with a wet magikarp
    finally, how much do you love me: lots :3

you dont have to do it :3

Back