• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Stratch Sprites

jessmew

Novice Hacker
    Years
    • Nj
    • Seen Jan 22, 2013
    My Sprite Thread

In Attachments

Update)New Grass Pokemon (The Baby Stegosaurus)

Ok The Last Sprite Is Now .png

Last edited:

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
    Ima give you some C&C and dont take it the wrong way. I say this a lot mainly because every time I say it its true. You have potential. The first 1 I agree is your best. Keep working hard at spriting you will get there =]

That's C&C?
    I think not.
    C&C would be actually looking at the sprites and offering more accurate fixes to his problems, not giving vague useless advice, that quite frankly, isn't criticism at all. You just told him which was best sprite and to not stop spriting. That's more of a comment than constructive and helpful criticism. You need to be firm and explain to them what the problems are, but you want to avoid being mean and simply telling them that they suck. Most of the time it takes a little push and they become pretty darn good at spriting.

Now. Onto my overview of the sprites themselves.

First off, the most blatant problems are shading and anatomy. But, since these are beginner scratch sprites, that can be forgiven. Hopefully you'll get better. For shading, you might want to look at existing Pokemon sprites to see how the style is shaded.
    For anatomy, you might want to look at existing sprites, do some guesstimating, and possibly find an animal similar to the Pokemon and see how it's 'built.'
    Your outline shouldn't be all black, you want a darker color (But not black) and put it over where the lighter spots on the sprite are. It sounds a little confusing, and I admit I'm not the best at explaining, but you'll understand a bit more later.
    Generally you want to avoid perfectly straight lines, because no such thing exists in nature.
    Good luck, and please don't quit this early on. :D

Back