• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My team (cont)

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    ok the last thread was starting too get a little too long so i guess i will just start a new one

ok this is the team i have cooked up so far

Aerodactyl@focus sash
    jolly

taunt
    stealth rock
    earthquake
    stealth rock

mategross@iron ball
    adamant
    trick
    earthquake
    meteor mash
    explosion

machamp@left overs
    adamant

bulk up
    dynamic punch
    ice punch
    thunder punch

wevile@life orb/choice band
    jolly

pursuit
    ice shard
    low kick
    ice punch/night slash

scizor@choice band
    adamant

u-turn
    bullet punch
    super power
    quick attack/pursuit

im looking for a good physical rapid spinner... i had starmie and then realized its not a physical pokemon

so if you have any suggestions or comments please do tell
    My team (cont)
    My team (cont)

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

You're missing EVs and abilities. We can't rate your team without them.

Also, Starmie would actually be a good choice for your team because so far, your team has too many physical attackers. You need some Special Attacks in there too.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    about the EVs
    i posted one up but it got moved so im going to ask you...

it makes sense bout putting on the power items but what do i post?
    there atk n def n such or what?
    like how do i have sp Atk 345/spd4/sp def 300?

then i guess i will be adding starmie... you think i need another pyhsical attacker?

Last edited:

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • A physical wall could completely... Well, wall this team. Because of that, like AragornBird said, Starmie would be a great choice.
    Also, that Weavile and that Scizor are both meant to be revenge killers,and you only really need one.You could go either way. Instead of having one you should add a special sweeper. Examples in the OU are Gengar, Jolteon, possibly even Zapdos (Strange, I know, but it works).

So your team should look look this:
    Aerodactyl
    Metagross
    Machamp
    Weavile/Scizor, whichever you want
    A special sweeper
    Starmie

And yes, you need EVs... Look it up on Smogon or something, I didn't understand what you said above.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    ok Ty i think i will go with scizor...

I have read about EVs everywhere it just doesnt quite make sense still

like ppl post sp atk 305/5 spd/sp def 209
    i dont under stand how too do that
    i mean arent you only training one stat... so how do you train all three?

thanks agian
    please help :( -_-

when i said physical i meant special sorry

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    ok it makes a little sense i guess
    so for every pokemon you beat you can a EV and 4 EV= 1 stat increase?

so when you level up all the stats are added like when it says +2 spd
    +4 def
    +2 atk or whatever

so how do i keep count of them?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

You have to write them down or keep a text document of your Pokemon's EVs, since the game won't tell you how many EVs you have.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    ok i think ive got it... lemme try

ok so for every stat i gain... i divde it by 4?
    so every time i level i divide the stat by 4?
    and do i have to get them 2 lvl 100 b4 i put down the EVs or just tell you what i want?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

No, your stat gains are not equal to the EVs you gain. There a completely different thing.

EVs are completely invisible so you need to count them yourself.

You don't need to get to Level 100. A Pokemon at any level can be fully EV trained.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    can you please xplain the EV stuff yourself it does not make sense too me no matter how many websites i read...

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Okay, I'll try to make this VERY simple.

When you catch a Pokemon or hatch one from an Egg, it has 0 EVs.

Your Pokemon has 6 Stats - HP, Attack, Defense, Sp.Atk, Sp.Def, and Speed.
    Each stat can have a maximum of 255 EVs.
    However, your Pokemon can only have a maximum of 510 EVs total. This means you can't max out every stat so you have to choose which stats to put EVs in.

But remember that 4 EVs = 1 stat point. If you divide 510 by 4, you won't get a whole number. If you divide 255 by 4, you won't get a whole number either.
    So what do we do?
    We find the next highest number that is divisible by 4. In this case, it's 508 for max EVs total and 252 for max EVs in a stat.

In order to make it gain EVs, there are only 2 ways:

1. Beat a Pokemon
    2. Use a Vitamin (HP UP, Protein, Iron, Carbos, Calcium, Zinc)

Each Vitamin you feed your Pokemon gives it 10 EVs in a certain stat.

1 HP Up = 10 HP EVs
    1 Protein = 10 Atk EVs
    1 Iron = 10 Def EVs
    1 Calcium = 10 SAtk EVs
    1 Zinc = 10 SDef EVs
    1 Carbos = 10 Speed EVs

But you can't feed your Pokemon more than 10 of each Vitamin. That means Vitamins will only give you 100 EVs max in each stat.

In order to gain more EVs, you need to beat some Pokemon. Every single Pokemon gives you a certain amount of EVs in a certain stat when you beat it.

To find out which Pokemon give which EVs in which stat, you need to look up that Pokemon on an online Pokedex like Serebii or Bulbapedia.
    For instance, beating 1 Magikarp = 1 Spd EV. Beating 1 Gyarados = 2 Atk EVs.

Got all that, so far? Good.

So let me give you an example of how to EV train:

"I have an Aerodactyl. Smogon tells me to give it 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd "

Okay, write Aerodactyl's name down on a piece of paper or a text document on your computer.

First, you feed it 10 Proteins. That will give you 100 Atk EVs. Write that down.
    Then feed it 10 Carbos. That will give you 100 Spd EVs. Write that down too.
    Don't feed it HP UP because 1 HP Up = 10 HP EVs, but you only need 4 so that's more than you need.

Then go out and beat some Pokemon that give you Atk, Spd, and HP EVs.
    So you look up some Pokemon and find that 1 Machop = 1 Atk EV, 1 Machoke = 2 Atk EVs, and 1 Machamp = 3 Atk EVs.

You need 252 Atk EVs but you already gave Aerodactyl 100 Atk EVs from Proteins. 252-100 = 152
    So you must beat 152 Machops to get 152 Atk EVs.
    Or you can beat 76 Machokes to get the same amount, because 76x2 = 152.
    Or you can beat 50 Machamps and 1 Machoke to also get 152.

It's basic multiplication. You know how to multiply, don't you?

Do the same for Spd EVs using a Pokemon that gives you Spd EVs. And for the HP EVs, you only need to beat 4 Pokemon that give you HP EVs.

Now you may be thinking: That's a lot of work and it will take so long!

Don't worry, there are ways to make this go faster. But first, I need to know that you understand all this.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    perfect sense TY
    ok i have a question about my aroedactyl
    should i just keep the one i got from SS taht has a jolly anture at lvl 20 or
    make a new egg?

ok i know where there are a bunch of macokes lvl 50 so i should go there and beat as many as you said?

... one mroe b4 i start the training
    so if i put an exp share on it will it gain EVs cause they are lvl 50 machokes
    and mine are lvl 1 and the aredactyl lvl 20?

Last edited:

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • they dont need to be Level 50 machokes, any level is fine.
    you will need to keep going until you get a jolly aerodactyl before you start, and EVs do count if an EXP share is used.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    ok so i do need to make a new egg

ok lemme try this now

machop@lvl 1

EVs atk100
    beldum@lvl 1
    EVs atk 100

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Has your Lvl 20 Aerodactyl gained any experience points or did you level it up with Rare Candies from Level 1?
    If you use Rare Candies, it won't have any EVs so you're good. But if you leveled it up normally, it will have a bunch of random EVs so use a new Aerodactyl.

Yes, using EXP Share will help you gain EVs. Everytime you gain exp, you also gain EVs.

HOLD ON THOUGH:

If you want to make EV-training much faster, here's what you do:

There's a condition that affects your Pokemon called PokeRus. PokeRus will making you gain EVs TWICE AS FAST!
    So instead of beating 76 Machokes, you only need to beat 38 to get 152 Atk EVs (assuming you used 10 Proteins to get 100 Atk EVs).

PokeRus is very rare, but if you ask nicely on the WiFi forums, someone might trade you a Pokemon that already has PokeRus. When you have a PokeRus infected Pokemon in your party, it will spread to your other Pokemon after a couple of battles. So have all your unEVed Pokemon get PokeRus to make EV training faster.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

You can get Power Items from the Battle Frontier to make EV-training EVEN FASTER.

There are 6 Power items, 1 for each stat. So if you wanted to EV train Attack, you would get a Power Bracer.
    Each Power item gives you 4 EVs in a stat PLUS whatever EVs you got from the Pokemon you beat.

So if you beat a Machoke while wearing a Power Bracer, you will get 2 Atk EVs from the Machoke and 4 Atk EVs from the item. And if you have PokeRus, each of those numbers double. 4 Atk EVs from Machoke and 8 Atk EVs from the item.
    That's 12 Atk EVs total! So each Machoke you beat will give you 12 Atk EVs instead of 2, which means you'll be EV training 6 times faster!

Get all 6 Power Items before you EV train.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    ya now i remember why this was ganna b so hard... i have too beat the BP 100 million times
    ok i will cancel the EV training...and start get more BP
    ok i got the areodactyl from the fossil on SS i found it after seaching las night
    and i didnt use rare candys came at lvl 20 when i got it from fossil

is there anyway too get BP faster im mean seriously this is ganna take forever?

and 1 more i dont have a WEP connection so ima have too ask my parents 2 set 1 up for me so i can get pokerus pokemon

does anyone know how 2 get BP faster?

so is anyone ganna answer my question??? above?

is anyone ganna answer my questions above???

why wont this pop up as a new reply so some one will answer my ??? above???

Last edited:
    Back