• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My team good enough for league?

Geoff_P1

Add me on msn etc if you want.
    Years
    Hi all,

I'm in the prcess of the last gym and I didn't know if my team was good enough to take on league.
    Here's my current lineup

Ampharos lvl36
    Gyrados lvl34
    Growlithe lvl31
    Pidgeotto lvl31
    Croconaw lvl29
    Weepinbell lvl30

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Going off topic slightly, where would I get fire stone for Growlithe?

Last edited:

gamefan1

Mystery Trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    first for firestone you can get it at the store in celadon after elite4 theres is another i think but i forgot lol :P

anw dont use gyaradoss and croconaw pick one of them.I would go with croconaw and evolve him.

feraligator (evolve at lvl30)

you wont be able with your current team unless you use a whole lot of item.I suggest you train your pokemon to aroun lvl 40 at least.

Geoff_P1

Add me on msn etc if you want.
    Years
    What you're saying is get rid of Gyrados, get the Feragilator and raise evryone else to level 40? Any suggestions on what to replace Gyrados with? I know I got a Gastly and Ratta in day care, I thinkt ehy are about level 35 now if that's helpful?

gamefan1

Mystery Trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    gastly is good but lol lvl 35 it evolve into hunter around 24

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
    I agree. You don't need two water types. Half your team (Pidgeotto, Crocanaw, and Gyarados) is already weak to Electric. Take out at least one of them.

If you can trade, then Evolve that Gastly you have into Haunter, then trade it so it can become a Gengar.

I also suggest getting a Leaf Stone to evolve Weepingbell. Always try to evolve pokemon into their final forms if you can. Evolved forms have all-around better stats, and more often than not, a better movepool.

If you don't want to or can't trade, then just level them all to at least Lv45. 40 is good, but the strongest pokemon in the league the first time around is Lance's Lv50 Dragonite. Make sure whatever Water-type you chose to keep knows a good Ice attack, like Ice Fang or Ice Punch. Dragonite's 4x weak to it.

If you want more help, then edit your first post to include your pokemon's moves. We can help you better if you give us their movesets.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2011
    Raising all of your pokemon to level 40 would do great for the last gym. I raised all my pokemon to level 45 and I beat the league with like 10 revives and 10 hyper potions. However, you may need a fighting type for Karen's team. Or at least use some fighting type moves on your team (Growlithe's Reversal) to take them out. Heracross is an amazing fighting type indeed.

Feraligatr's Ice Fang will work wonders against Lance's Dragonites.

You can get a firestone from the Pokedome just north of Goldenrod. I believe they are sold on thursdays.

Back