• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Team in Leaf Green

UBCS

Lotad lover
Years
  • 2qao1uf.png

Venusaur Lv 75 Holding Amulet Coin
    [Want a new move]
    Sleep Powder
    Razor Leaf
    Frenzy Plant

eg4n51.png

Dewgong Lv 75 Holding Nevermeltice
    Aurora Beam
    Waterfall
    Surf
    Ice Beam

svi1ja.png

Dragonite Lv 75 Holding Leftovers
    Flamethrower (Fire Blast when i can get it)
    Hyper Beam
    Return
    Wing Attack

2ebswb4.png

Zapdos Lv 75
    Thunder
    Fly
    [Want a new move]
    Drill Peck

k1qfbt.png

Moltres Lv 75
    Fly
    Agility
    Fire Blast
    Flamethrower

mms7wp.png

Mewtwo Lv 80 Holding Leftovers
    Psychic
    [Want a new move]
    [Want a new move]
    Recover

Any ideas for what i can improve?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Sorry, but this team is just terribly redundant.

You have a uber on the same team as a Borderline Pokemon.
    You use Fly.
    You use Hyperbeam and Frenzy Plant.
    You have no EVs.
    You have no walls.
    You have no Natures.
    You have two moves of the same element on the same moveset.
    You have an x4 Ice weakness.
    Zapdos and Moltres have no items.
    You used the Amulet Coin.
    You used the Nevermeltice.

These are just some of the few flaws your team has. I advise you to read the stickies for some helpful guides.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Pretty much what clade said. Scrap the entire team. You think levels are important so that shows you cannot EV train. That means you cannot win, especially with thses pokes/movesets.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
  • Maybe this is in game. If so, it's ok. It would definately fail in Diamond and Pearl, though. What do you want to do with this team?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Maybe this is in game. If so, it's ok. It would definately fail in Diamond and Pearl, though. What do you want to do with this team?

lol does it really matter if it would fail in DP if it's for advance?

Also how is this team redundant? Redundant movesets maybe but that's about it >.> the team itself isn't really redundant.

Generally the only help anybody here can give is to read up on competitive battling dos and don'ts and come back with a better team.

Zion042

BattleLegend
    Years
  • I think some of the pokemon you have are good ubers or not who cares a win is a win Venusaur would be great if frenzy plants pp is high then you wouldn't need razor leaf. Spore would be a good move to teach it to you shouldn't scrap these pokemon some have good strengths. I have a dragonite to and its attacks are fly,ice beam, thunder bolt, and dragon claw. A mewtwo Special attack is high and that team in PD would be annialated but its not PD mewtwo should have techniques that exploit its high special attack like thundrbolt, Calm mind is another exception to its arsenol because it increase its spatk and apdef at the same time and you have recover incase you tke a little damage. I wouldn't use Zapdos or Moltres though. Dewgong attacks should vary a little more mybe take out Aurora beam and waterfall and add rest and snore. I try to make the best team possible but its hard to do if there are so many good pokemon so....... I use Dragonite, Tyranitar, Charizard, Kingdra, Scizor and Blaziken. Water may be the weakness of my team but their attacks are wide ranged and can handle just about any water attack or beat them to the punch. phew man i had alot to say but its my first time here in the community and i finally found some thing i can relate to.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I think some of the pokemon you have are good
    Nice reasoning there.
    ubers or not who cares a win is a win
    LOL. Ubers do matter. You won't be able to enter regular battles with Mewtwo. You either have a team of Ubers, or no ubers at all. Simple as that.
    Venusaur would be great if frenzy plants pp is high
    Rofl. Frenzy Plant fails. You mislead the creator of this thread. :/
    then you wouldn't need razor leaf.
    Pfft. Razor Leaf has more PP and is better than Frenzy Plant. D:
    Spore would be a good move to teach it to you shouldn't scrap these pokemon some have good strengths.
    Do you see any Pokemon that can learn spore? The only ones that can are Breloom, Parasect, and Smeargle. -_-
    I have a dragonite to and its attacks are fly,ice beam, thunder bolt, and dragon claw.
    Not a very good moveset. :/ By the way, no one really cares what your Dragonite's moveset is.
    A mewtwo Special attack is high and that team in PD would be annialated but its not PD mewtwo should have techniques that exploit its high special attack like thundrbolt, Calm mind is another exception to its arsenol because it increase its spatk and apdef at the same time and you have recover incase you tke a little damage.
    Mewtwo is uber.
    I wouldn't use Zapdos or Moltres though.
    Nice reasoning too. Honestly, if they had better movesets they would be pretty effective.
    Dewgong attacks should vary a little more mybe take out Aurora beam and waterfall and add rest and snore.
    Dewgong used a physical move. :O Snore sucks, too.
    I try to make the best team possible but its hard to do if there are so many good pokemon so....... I use Dragonite, Tyranitar, Charizard, Kingdra, Scizor and Blaziken.
    An example of a good stall team [/sarcasm]
    Water may be the weakness of my team but their attacks are wide ranged and can handle just about any water attack or beat them to the punch. phew man i had alot to say but its my first time here in the community and i finally found some thing i can relate to.
    This is his thread, y'know. <_<;
    I apologize if I came up rude, but rating without proper knowledge bugs us a lot. :/

Spoiler:

Just don't mix UU Pokemon and Uber Pokemon in the same team. <_<

Loud and Annoying Pidgey

« if you still b e l i e v e »
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    2qao1uf.png

Venusaur Lv 75 Holding Amulet Coin
    Sunny Day ( To Help SolarBeam Recharge )
    Solar Beam
    Razor Leaf(Replace It With A Move That Will Increase Your Acurracy,Or Deacrease Your Opponents)
    Frenzy Plant(Keep So You Will Have A OHKO(One Hit Knock-Out)Move.

eg4n51.png

Dewgong Lv 75 Holding Nevermeltice
    Dive(Gets Rid Of Fire-Types)
    Rain Dance
    Hyper Beam
    Ice Beam

svi1ja.png

Dragonite Lv 75 Holding Leftovers
    Flamethrower (Fire Blast when i can get it) (Fire Blast Is Good)
    Dragon Dance(Powers Up Dragon-Type Moves)
    Outrage
    Ice Beam

2ebswb4.png

Zapdos Lv 75
    Thunder
    Fly
    Steel Wing(It Isnt A 2-Turn Attack Like Fly)
    Drill Peck

k1qfbt.png

Moltres Lv 75
    Arial Ace(Always Hits)
    Ancientpower(Gets Rid Of Other Fire Types)
    Fire Blast
    Flamethrower

mms7wp.png

Mewtwo Lv 80 Holding Leftovers
    Psychic
    Blizzard
    EarthQuake(Good For Tough Single Battles)
    Recover

I Edited Above. Lol,
    The Ones I Did Are In Bold.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Erm... Lol?
    Sunnybeam really doesnt work, especially on a grass type. It's inviting fire types to switch in, meaning they resist solar beam and have an extra .5 boost on an already SE attack.

Why would you wanna increase accuracy on a set with full accuracy moves? And like sunny beam, accuracy reducing moves suck.

Dive is a two-turn move, and hence should not be used. They miss> They switch in on you> You get KO'd

Plus you've suggested a set with 3 2-turn moves? Thats like the stupidest thing ive ever seen suggested!

You're suggesting special moves on a dragon dancer... Why????

Steel wing is also really bad, 90% accuracy on a pretty weak move, it's not worth the risk

Your moltres set only has 2 moves of the same type, which fails. Ancient power is also a waste as you're not gonna see other fire types, you're gonna get lolled at by a rock type first

And you're suggesting blizzard on possibly the best special sweeper of the third gen, why??? You also suggested blizzard which is inferior to ice beam, unless its a hail team

That's some bad advice you got goin there boy

Last edited:

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I Edited Above. Lol,
    The Ones I Did Are In Bold.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

EARTHQUAKE on Mewtwo?

Grass-type Sunnybeamers without Chlorophyll are basically Pokemon-world Suicide Bombers. (In ADV, that is. in DP, they add Roserade who gets Weather Ball, and abilities like Leaf Guard, Flower Head, and Solar Power)

Hyperbeam and Friends SUCK. It just makes you set-up fodder for your opponent.

Dragon Dance raises Attack and Speed, not the power of Dragon-Type Moves.

-Dive Sucks
    -Ice Beam > Blizzard
    -Moltres can;t get Ancientpower in Advance
    -So many other horrible suggestion my eyes are bleeding all over the keyboard >.<;

EDIT: Beaten >.<;

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Oy dunsparce stop copying me ;)

Oh and good observation with AP, 3rd gen isnt my specialty

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Oy dunsparce stop copying me ;)

Oh and good observation with AP, 3rd gen isnt my specialty

You beat me XD

I took a restroom break , and by the time I was done you beat me to the chase XD

btw, I've pretty much Memorized the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gen Movesets of virtually EVERYTHING XD I'm still working on 4th Gen, though.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

EARTHQUAKE on Mewtwo?

Grass-type Sunnybeamers without Chlorophyll are basically Pokemon-world Suicide Bombers. (In ADV, that is. in DP, they add Roserade who gets Weather Ball, and abilities like Leaf Guard, Flower Head, and Solar Power)

EDIT: Beaten >.<;

And Choice Scarf, to make up for the lack of speed in some. Oh, and Trick Room, for pokes like Sunflora. We should all hail Sunflora twice a day. Twice a day.

boo836

I'm back?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    I seriously stopped reading when I saw Dragonite. Please read the stickies. Also, please use the format:

Name: @ Item** Nickname(Optional)
    Nature:
    Ability:
    Evs:
    Move 1
    move2
    move3
    move4

Also, gofre, the person with bad advise is a she, not a he. ;)

Wolf link fan, it was mentioned already o read the stickies, why would you not do that yourself if you haven't?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Actually sunnybeam rocks on Chlorophyll grassers like Eggy, especially in Advance when Hippowdon and the oversized lawnmower had not been created yet. Tar gives it obvious problems though.

EDIT: Though I agree on Venusaur...sweeping with Venusaur...the notion of that is laughable. Venusaur is much better playing a special tank as "the annoyer that works" kind of thing (though it kind of isn't an annoyer but oh well...)

Arcknight316

left pc
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008
    Uh, sims? No Sassy SunnyBeaming Trick Room Plumy? TRAITOR! You made Vileplume sad! I shall now relieve you of your Pimp Cane and arrest you.

Most good Sunnybeamers are ones with Chlorophyll. Exxecutor(sp?) is in the lead for the best one. Not only can it rapid-fire Solarbeams, but it has the defenses to survive one or two hits and quickly explode before it dies. But...Venusaur as a Sunnybeamer? No. Just, no.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Oh, grow up. You ignore all the good advice he gave, to focus on a typo?

Oh, you sure showed him. Gofre feels bad. Sure, he just shut down your whole horrible rate, actually made sense, and told you why your advice made no sense, but he's the fool for the typo!

Nice comeback!

Uh, sims? No Sassy SunnyBeaming Trick Room Plumy? TRAITOR! You made Vileplume sad! I shall now relieve you of your Pimp Cane and arrest you.

Most good Sunnybeamers are ones with Chlorophyll. Exxecutor(sp?) is in the lead for the best one. Not only can it rapid-fire Solarbeams, but it has the defenses to survive one or two hits and quickly explode before it dies. But...Venusaur as a Sunnybeamer? No. Just, no.

EDIT:Well, you can burn in hell, Vileplume is the best one!

Besides, I don't think he wants to swap out pokes.

Last edited:
    Back