• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Team (Yes, it DOES suck online...)

How does it look?

• Total voters

Roxas358

Nobody's Problem
    Years
    Blast (Empoleon) Lv.100 w/Expert Belt
    Nature: Rash
    Ability: Torrent
    Surf
    Waterfall
    Ice Beam
    Dig

Snorlax Lv.100
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Thick Fat
    Return
    Earthquake
    Strength
    Facade

Electivire Lv.100 w/Magnet
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Motor Drive
    ThunderPunch
    Brick Break
    Iron Tail
    Earthquake

Rhyperior Lv.100
    Nature: Mild
    Ability: Solid Rock
    Rock Wrecker
    Dig
    Stone Edge
    Earthquake

Gaspar (Gengar) Lv.100 w/Focus Sash
    Nature: Hasty
    Ability: Levitate
    Sucker Punch
    Focus Blast
    Dark Pulse
    Hypnosis

Jet (Staraptor) Lv.100 w/Sky Plate
    Nature: Sassy
    Ability: Intimidate
    Aerial Ace
    Fly
    Brave Bird
    Steel Wing
    (I'm still not even sure what the frick an EV is...or an IV...or how to effectively use non-attacking moves...)

Roxas358

Nobody's Problem
    Years
    If it involves raising any Pokemon as a perfect, brainless drone and constant breeding and a bunch of my time, then no thanks. That would just be stupid.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    If it involves raising any Pokemon as a perfect, brainless drone and constant breeding and a bunch of my time, then no thanks. That would just be stupid.
    Then your team is almost certainly going to be terrible in online play. :/

Roxas358

Nobody's Problem
    Years
    Well then I guess online play just isn't for me, because I'm a nerd, but not big enough of a nerd to spend half of the time I play Pokemon breeding for perfect natures or EVing or IVing or any of that other crud. I just want to play the game and have fun with it.

Years
    Hehe. EV training doesn't take long. Don't be impatient ;p

EDIT:

With that set on Electivire, an Adamant nature is probably the best. In my experience, Staraptor works well with this set:

Staraptor @ Choice Band
    Close Combat
    Brave Bird
    Return
    U-Turn

And Empoleon works well with this set:

Empoleon @ Life Orb
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Grass Knot
    Agility

You may have to breed for Agility; I'm not sure. If so, go with Flash Cannon instead. Try this set on your Gengar:

Gengar @ Life Orb
    Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt
    Focus Blast
    Hypnosis

You may have to breed for Hypnosis too. If so, you could try Destiny Bond; I like that move on Gengar personally. As for the others, I haven't ever used them so I can't really say what moves they should have. Hope I helped a bit.

Last edited:

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years

Macho Brace + Pokerus = 10 minutes to EV train.

Roxas358, if you're playing just for fun (not truly competitive), then that's fine. In fact, I respect that! But you should try for at least natures that can benefit something about the Pokemon. For example, a Timid Snorlax? That's -10% to Attack and +10% to Speed, both of which are terrible. You want that Attack, and don't need the Speed!

But hey, this is the kind of stuff that starts trends, eh? Maybe you'll pioneer a new kind of Snorlax: Special Sweeping Choice Scarf-Lax. It could happen!

Roxas358

Nobody's Problem
    Years

EDIT:

With that set on Electivire, an Adamant nature is probably the best. In my experience, Staraptor works well with this set:

Staraptor @ Choice Band
    Close Combat
    Brave Bird
    Return
    U-Turn

And Empoleon works well with this set:

Empoleon @ Life Orb
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Grass Knot
    Agility

You may have to breed for Agility; I'm not sure. If so, go with Flash Cannon instead. Try this set on your Gengar:

Gengar @ Life Orb
    Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt
    Focus Blast
    Hypnosis

You may have to breed for Hypnosis too. If so, you could try Destiny Bond; I like that move on Gengar personally. As for the others, I haven't ever used them so I can't really say what moves they should have. Hope I helped a bit.

Staraptor - That doesn't sound half bad...I could try that.

Empoleon - Wow. *sigh* I should start looking for a danged Heart Scale...

Gengar - That sounds easy, I just have to relace Sucker Punch with Thunderbolt an Dark Pulse with Shadow Ball.

Macho Brace + Pokerus = 10 minutes to EV train.

Roxas358, if you're playing just for fun (not truly competitive), then that's fine. In fact, I respect that! But you should try for at least natures that can benefit something about the Pokemon. For example, a Timid Snorlax? That's -10% to Attack and +10% to Speed, both of which are terrible. You want that Attack, and don't need the Speed!

But hey, this is the kind of stuff that starts trends, eh? Maybe you'll pioneer a new kind of Snorlax: Special Sweeping Choice Scarf-Lax. It could happen!

Yeah, I had no idea about natures when I caught it (or stats, I just recently started looking at those). It does have a 450+ Attack though...wait, is that weak for a Snorlax?

Last edited:

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Yeah, I had no idea about natures when I caught it (or stats, I just recently started looking at those). It does have a 450+ Attack though...wait, is that weak for a Snorlax?

450+ Attack? I think that's impossible. The maximum Attack for a hindering nature on Snorlax is 287. Even with a +Attack nature and 252 EVs, it won't go higher than 350.

I know when I just play the game (my in-game team), I pay no attention to EVs or IVs. It's my fun team, but I still hunt for a moderately decent nature. For example, I was hunting for a Bellsprout in LeafGreen, and I would settle for either Adamant or Modest (because Victreebell can pull off either). Or once I settled for a Careful Abra, because it's not hurting the "essential" stats of him. So I guess, if you're looking to be informal, just try to shoot for a nature that doesn't hurt an essential stat of the Pokemon. Like for Snorlax, shoot for a nature that's -SAtk. Because that +10% doesn't really make a huge difference in game, but it could be the difference between KOing an opponent in the Elite 4 or not. ;)

Roxas358

Nobody's Problem
    Years
    450+ Attack? I think that's impossible. The maximum Attack for a hindering nature on Snorlax is 287. Even with a +Attack nature and 252 EVs, it won't go higher than 350.

I know when I just play the game (my in-game team), I pay no attention to EVs or IVs. It's my fun team, but I still hunt for a moderately decent nature. For example, I was hunting for a Bellsprout in LeafGreen, and I would settle for either Adamant or Modest (because Victreebell can pull off either). Or once I settled for a Careful Abra, because it's not hurting the "essential" stats of him. So I guess, if you're looking to be informal, just try to shoot for a nature that doesn't hurt an essential stat of the Pokemon. Like for Snorlax, shoot for a nature that's -SAtk. Because that +10% doesn't really make a huge difference in game, but it could be the difference between KOing an opponent in the Elite 4 or not. ;)

Wait, I just remembered it was actually around 250. Dang memory. My brain is kinda unresponsive sometimes.

Roxas358

Nobody's Problem
    Years
    You know what? I think I'll actually make an online team. If anyone wants to make any suggestions on it, go ahead.

NebulaNinja

Gym Leader
    Years
    It's nice, but if you want to do online battling, you need to be more strategical. For example, lets say you have a Tangrowth with a Chlorophyll ability, and make it hold a Heat Rock. Then, teach it Sunny Day and Solar Beam. On the first turn, use Sunny Day. Your speed will be doubled due to Chlorophyll. Now that Sunny Day is in effect, you can freely use Solar Beam without having to charge up. And the Heat Rock it holds extends the number of turns Sunny Day is in effect. Many different Pokemon can take advantage of this combo.

Here's a combo that I use:
    In a double battle, have one Lickylicky that has an Own Tempo ability and knows Defense Curl and Rollout. Teach the double battle partner Swagger and use it on Lickylicky. It's attack will be sharply raised but it won't get confused because of it's Own Tempo ability. Then use Defense Curl before Rollout to double Rollout's power. When you Rollout, it will be extra strong because of the Swagger and Defense Curl. The best part is, Rollout gets stonger on every turn. Make sure you give it an item like a Wide Lens to boost Rollout's 80% accuracy.

Hope I helped! ^_^

Roxas358

Nobody's Problem
    Years
    O_o

I never even thought of that...I always just classified itms like Heat Rock useless, but now that I think about it it could be helpful.

Back