• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Team

Phoenix Wright

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2007
    Hi, i wanted to make a team with all pokemon from d/p, including the three starters.
    right now, three of my pokes are weak to ground, which really sucks.
    i just need to know what everyone thinks of the team and if you think i should replace something with someone else, please tell me.
    thanks for all the help.

heres my team currently:
    (im just gonna put the pokemon, i dont really need help with movesets, i'll make my own.)

honchkrow
    phys sweep

infernape
    mixed sweeper

empoleon
    sp tank/sweeper

torterra
    phys tank/sweeper

electivire
    mixed sweeper with t bolt, ice punch, equake and cross chop
    takes those electric moves lured by honchkrow and empoleon

spiritomb
    mixed wall/CMer and pain splitter

i thinks its a pretty well rounded team, but i need feedback.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    You have no true walls...torterra is a tank, and I guess you could say the same for empoleon...you need a sturdy wall, like steelix or milotic. That would really help your team a lot.

Phoenix Wright

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2007
    i know, i really hate not having a true wall, i usually use snorlax but im only using d/p pokes on this team so i cant use him.
    my only real choice is bronzong, who i really despise.
    on this team i just use empoleon torterra and spiritomb.
    spiritomb really stalls teams out.
    if i get a bunch of calm minds in hes incredibly hard to take down.
    hes my closest thing to a wall right now....

Phoenix Wright

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2007
    i know, i love steelix, but i really wanna make a full d/p team.
    i wouldnt have a problem if i could use any poke, i make teams all the time, but im have a little trouble making a full d/p team, thats why i need help.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I really can't help you there I'm afraid...but I recommend agility on empoleon if that helps at all...I know! Dusknoir and tangrowth!

Phoenix Wright

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2007
    yeah, i guess i could.
    i use spiritomb instead of dusky and torterra instead of tangrowth.
    torterra takes a ton of hits (especially with curse), and protects me from rock attacks on honchkrow.
    my team is kinda focused around honchkrow.
    torterra takes his rock hits, and empoleon takes the ice attacks, and electivire takes electric.
    thanks for the help but i guess my team is pretty well planned out.
    i guess now i just have to train it and put it to the test...

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Choice Band Blissey! Duh! It had iron tail, Earthquake, double edge, and focus punch! But if you won't use that (you realize I'm joking I hope) you really should consider tangrowth. But meh. Torterra does fine. I guess I don't have any really good suggestions, though I could answer any questions you have...Electivire=recommended, but that ground weakness...

Phoenix Wright

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2007
    haha, yeah, choice band blissey.
    that would PWN!
    hahaha.

my only real problem is the lousy ground weakness.
    especially when theres earthquake on every opposing pokemon.
    it really sucks.
    half my team will die from earthquake...

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well, my best suggestion to you is to get a flying type or levitator with more bulk than honchcrow. Maybe starpator over honchcorw or Vire...not like it's bulky or anything...but it's the best I copuld think of.

Phoenix Wright

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2007
    yeah, thanks for the help anti-pop.
    im gonna work on it...

p.s. i love your profile thingy!
    "Spreading the word of CB Blissey. 27HKOs Garchomp!"
    rofl!

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    J Dog is making me a banner...I won't give you the details, but It'll be great...but I don't wanna spam up your thread, so I'll recommend CB blissey...no, I'm just kidding. Garchomp might be a good idea for your team now that you mention CB blissey 27HKOing it. It makes one nasty sweeper...and isn't weak to quake like Vire...I love being on PC at night, everybody is so happy. Just realized garchomp would add an ice beam weak to your team...that sucks. Maybe a pseudo-passer would help your team a bit. That'll up those defenses a bit.

Phoenix Wright

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2007
    yeah, i was considering gaychamp, but then id have two pokemon that are 4X WEAKNESS to ice!
    haha, that wouldnt be good.
    man, this is hard...
    and im tired..
    i guess i'll brainstorm some more tomorrow, thanks for the help.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    If you do use a pseudo passer, use CB blissey...oh wait, that only unleashes 10000 base power attacks...hmm, maybe cressi? If it can pseudo pass...I'd just be sure to have some kind of defensive backup to help spiritomb, like cressilia or something...Maybe a pokemon that can BP CMs, like hypno or Mr. Mime, but they're not D/P, so strike that...You know, Nasty Plot Azelf might give more destructive power to your team...but I think defense is more important, so I'd go cressi or dusknoir.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Honchkrow is pretty interesting... anything with a base 100 HP stat is awesome, because it can create what's known as "101 Subs" when it has totally maxed HP, which means it can take two Seismic Tosses from a Blissey. However, it also has one of the worst movepools I've ever seen... so be sure to give it its moves while it's still a Murkrow, since Murkrow's is slightly better. But only slightly.

If you have perfect IVs in HP, I'd say to max out HP and Attack with EVs (since she ain't gonna be outrunning anything it really needs to) and give it:

- Substitute
    - Pursuit
    - Drill Peck
    - Night Slash

Now, I know the basic rule of thumb is to never use two attacking moves of the same type, but hear me out... Drill Peck and Night Slash both get STAB and Night Slash takes advantage of her trait, Super Luck. These moves are for sweeping attempts.

Pursuit, on the other hand, is for a predicted switch. It can't do any real damage on its own when the opponent doesn't switch, so when you do predict a switch, use Pursuit for a final resort to attempt a KO. For example, someone sends something in against it, you use Night Slash for damage, and if they decide to switch in order to avoid a KO, Pursuit will make short work of them.

Although, Honchcrow's defenses are so bad, I'm kinda doubting this moveset working in practice, even if it does work in theory.

Of course, you could always do a surprise Choice Scarf set, with Jolly nature and maxed Speed. But I couldn't even begin to think about a decent moveset that would work well with it. Hmmm...

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    What about Substitue/Whirlwind? Works for my Noctow...

But Noctowl is a weird Pokemon too. The only stats that are even worth mention are HP and Special Defense. And the Sub/Whirlwind, I don't really see the benefit of it, because when you whirlwind the other guy will likely attack, and destroy your Sub, unless you're up against a Blissey.

So I'd say Sub/Whirlwind would be highly situational. I think getting Honchkrow into play would be difficult enough, but setting up a Sub in itself is slightly situational. Kind of like Sub Gengar, but not as cool. Actually, unless you set up against a wall, I can't think of a single move against a sweeper (except Earthquake, etc and Psychic, etc) that Honchkrow can safely switch into without taking a fairly large chunk of damage.

If I'm being totally honest, I think Honchkrow is a bad choice for a physical sweeper, and a bad choice for a team otherwise full of overused. Rather bad typing, terrible movepool, and pitiful defenses. Her Speed can't redeem her Attack, and her HP is the only other stat going well for her.

Back